IGNORED

Giant red foam hands

Jay

Following on from this thread...

If we were able to arrange for the production of 250 or so giant red foam hands prior to the Middlesborough match on Saturday, would people be willing to:

a) Help sell them around the ground (subject to permission being granted by the Club)?

and

b) Pay £3 each?

It's just a bit of light-hearted fun regarding Basso's 'signature'.

All thoughts welcome.... :)

always4zo.jpg

If we were able to arrange for the production of 250 or so giant red foam hands prior to the Middlesborough match on Saturday, would people be willing to:

a) Help sell them around the ground (subject to permission being granted by the Club)?

and

b) Pay £3 each?

always4zo.jpg

I'd be up for that, would probably buy 2 or 3 :)

Guest Jan Mollars Gloves

and

b) Pay £3 each?

always4zo.jpg

The reference & tie in with Basso has saved this from being the naffest idea ever.

Foam hands went out before the Premiership took flight.

But credit for the Basso idea. They will sell out quickly.

Got to hand it to you.

:clapping:

I'd buy one.

Is there any possibilty of you producing more? I reckon you could sell at least 1000.

It's not just the quantity, its having the volunteers willing to sell them & cover all gates.

Without permission from the Club, we're kinda stuck. I'll report back in the morning. Meanwhile, keep the thoughts coming folks. Would love to know whether this is a goer according to us fans.

:)

Guest North Street

There is the possibility of severe foam allergy but i know I am safe in a smoking block What with the likelihood of foam hand coming into contact with a naked flame and all that.

It's not just the quantity, its having the volunteers willing to sell them & cover all gates.

Without permission from the Club, we're kinda stuck. I'll report back in the morning. Meanwhile, keep the thoughts coming folks. Would love to know whether this is a goer according to us fans.

Is it possible to get them produced in 4 days? Not doubting you, but being realistic.

I would buy one.

Perhaps selling them for £4 and giving these volunteers a cut would help persuade people to help?

Couldn't we all just take some hallucinogenic mushrooms and pretend our hands are 3 foot long?

Advantages:-

No real 3 foot tall hands blocking your view

We don't get laughed at on Match of the Day by Mark Lawrenson (think of it; for him to find something sad, it must be bad)

Disadvantages:-

Those steep steps in the Dolman; it'll be like lemmings

Your hands may appear to be bubbling and exploding if you over do it

Good work Jay, Seem to remember these foam hands were very popular at the LDV and play off finals at the Mil Stad so I'm sure if u get the volunteers you will sell out.

Being abit nosey here so don't answer if you don't wish to but what is the production costs of these? Will the ST make any profit out of it? IF so what will the profit go towards?

Would be nice to know that any profits may go towards something like a John Atyeo bust or something.

Cheers

Good work Jay, Seem to remember these foam hands were very popular at the LDV and play off finals at the Mil Stad so I'm sure if u get the volunteers you will sell out.

I also remember air horns and whistles at the Mil Stad, and they made for a cracking atmosphere didn't they?

Seriously, the Budweiser adverts, that is where this path leads.

Being abit nosey here so don't answer if you don't wish to but what is the production costs of these? Will the ST make any profit out of it? IF so what will the profit go towards?

Would be nice to know that any profits may go towards something like a John Atyeo bust or something.

Cheers

All good questions. The idea is that the ST funds these though this is not yet certain. There are other ways of getting them underwritten though should the ST not go with this idea. We would need to sell a minmum of 150 of the 250 to break even (though we believe that we could use any surplus at other matches / mail order etc).

First of all we need permission to sell around the ground, if we get that then (further to a conversation I've had with two of the other ST Board members this evening), we'd look at using any surplus towards something.To be perfectly honest with you, these things have not yet been decided and any input is welcome (such as your suggestion above). Whilst this idea was floated in another thhread, the first company to come back to us with a quotation (& able to do it in the time needed) was this evening.

Guest North Street

and

b) Pay £3 each?

always4zo.jpg

Say no to evil foam hands and the American bastardisation of football.

C'mon Jay you have been to St Pauli how about a blow up transvestite couple called Colin and Steve ?

Say no to evil foam hands and the American bastardisation of football.

C'mon Jay you have been to St Pauli how about a blow up transvestite couple called Colin and Steve ?

Surely you could recycle them after the match by scribbling the words "Will SteveL let us in the East End?" above the slogan "Always believe". Failing that, you could arrange for everyone in front of the directors' box to hold their dirty great foam hands up throughout the game and block his view until he agrees to your demand. ;-)

Even I have to admit that would bring a slightly amusing edge to the EE campaign.

and

b) Pay £3 each?

always4zo.jpg

i think it's a fantastic idea and they will probably talk about it on match of the day which is even better.

if this idea does become a reality by saturday i will be getting one!

UP THE CITY! :clapping:

Archived