IGNORED

Remaining City tickets

MarcusX

Last week I was well happy with how things were going for my club. I even made a post on here that we could turn Oldham over, I was full of enthusiasm. I was starting to think that this might just be our year. It takes a lot to get some of us City fans into that frame of mind because of the seemingly endless disappointments of the last few years.

Anyway, I had a little long weekend trip over to Ireland to visit family, left on Thursday first thing.

I knew the Boro tickets were going on sale and I called over 20 times on Friday and wasn't able to get through, they couldn't even put me in a queue.

I called again on Saturday morning another 3 or 4 times (I'm not even sure if it was open).

I called again yesterday as soon as I got through arrivals at Bristol Airport at 1pm.

Now at this point, despite all this hassle I'm feeling good about the club, we're doing well in 3 competitions, bringing in pacey players and we got a fantastic result on Saturday.

I finally got through at 1:30 to have some idiot tell me that the deadline was an hour ago and refuse to give me any help whatsoever in getting my season ticket seat for the game because the tickets had been sent to another office - and then lie to me when I asked to speak to someone senior and tell me noone else was there when I could HEAR Sexstone in the background.

As a result there'll be some Billy Big Game who can't even recognise the players sat in my seat against Middlesborough and the only way I'll get to see it is if I can scrounge a sodding east end ticket off my brother. (I've nothing against people who want to use the east end but for me personally the view is shit.)

I'm going to be popping in for a word or three with Mr Sexstone later this week and explaining to him in no uncertain terms just how the arrangements for this game were a complete and utter shambles.

There's absolutely no excuse for it.

There was never any need to put any tickets on general sale until this week and there's no reason other than laziness that a season ticket holder can't use the internet to reserve theirs - all it needs is a house number/postcode check.

They didn't think it would sell out? Then they're totally incompetent, a cup game against a Prem side when we're on form was always going to sell out.

It pisses me right off that all that positivity that GJ and the players have worked so hard to get fans feeling is drained off by the inept commercial management of the club.

Thats my predicament, however I'm 18!! I'm going to try ringing up now :noexpression:

In my dim and distant memory I think I've turned up before to collect the 'wrong' category of tickets. Just own up and they will reprint the tickets without 'concession' printed on them and charge you the difference.

Get there early though because you won't be popular with a queue of 2000 behind you.

Xiled.

i finish work at 1, from chippenham going straight there so hoping to be there at 2, will probably get stuck in a lot of traffic.

I'm just going to tell them it was the only tickets i could get and I'm quite happy to pay the extra £4 or whatever it is.

I must say when i seen we won 3-0 last week i was very optimistic about this game, but then i seen the boro score!! going to be a fair few goals in this one.

They are back on line now, what a fiasco!

I phoned the ticket office and explained that I had bought an OAp ticket, I was told "don't worry as long as you have got one, just turn up and pay the difference".

Roll on promotion this will be the norm every week!

Big club, what a joke!

Thank you very much for that information! Makes me feel happier about Saturday

Just phoned the ticket office to give them one last try before calling Mr Sexstone and spoke to someone who was actually helpful this time. Result - I got one of the last two remaining tickets in block D in the Dolman, not in my seat which had been sold despite being sandwiched in between my mates but at least I can see the game now.

If anyone's in a similar position, in that they're a season ticket holder who hasn't been able to get through, try giving them a call now and explain it - you might get lucky. They'll only sell you one ticket though obviously.

I still think the club need to do have a serious look at the whole shambles and explain what they're going to do differently in future and I'll be writing to Mr Sexstone to suggest some things (that may include getting a sodding clue).

Just phoned the ticket office to give them one last try before calling Mr Sexstone and spoke to someone who was actually helpful this time. Result - I got one of the last two remaining tickets in block D in the Dolman, not in my seat which had been sold despite being sandwiched in between my mates but at least I can see the game now.

If anyone's in a similar position, in that they're a season ticket holder who hasn't been able to get through, try giving them a call now and explain it - you might get lucky. They'll only sell you one ticket though obviously.

I still think the club need to do have a serious look at the whole shambles and explain what they're going to do differently in future and I'll be writing to Mr Sexstone to suggest some things (that may include getting a sodding clue).

Glad you got sorted -

but - As you said CS will view the game as a successful operation.He's filled the ground, and to him your £19 is exactly the same as Mr-One-Game-a-Season's £19. Don't confuse him with someone that gives a ***k.

I really get angry when I hear him refer to supporters as "punters".............a term which to me conjurs up the image of a mug - someone who is to be relieved of as much of his money as possible whilst giving as little as possible in return.

CodeRed

They are back on line now, what a fiasco!

I phoned the ticket office and explained that I had bought an OAp ticket, I was told "don't worry as long as you have got one, just turn up and pay the difference".

Roll on promotion this will be the norm every week!

Big club, what a joke!

Good system they,ve got going there, 'just buy any ticket we don't care' but wait we are going to make it look like we do by putting different categories on sale. Then people can be on the site for ages waiting for the right ticket when it actually doesnt matter, and then we can just put up the old 'sorry CURRENTLY sold out' sign up again, before we pretend there are some 'student' tickets left, then we,ll say all catergories are available for 30 seconds before shutting down the online option......what did 'currently sold out' actually ever mean?

JOKE

I applied for a student ticket, but just find out I can't get my student card for another ten days! Does this mean I'll have to book again? Or will they accept my University ID card if I explain the situation politely?

University ID card will be fine. They rarely even ask for ID, but when they do I show my Uni card and it's accepted no problem.

Archived