IGNORED

Kevin Betsy.....any further news? (merged)

GeoTheCiderHead

There's no written article on our site still, but our new winger is interviewed today on our Premium TV service, and one of the questions the interviewer (who is a club employee) posed was along the lines of, "how do you feel coming in as Kevin Betsy's replacement?" and the interviewer also literally said "Betsy left for Bristol City today".

Live in Aylesbury and I have heard the odd rumour about Betsy, but 'ck all firm. funnily enough its only been the last fortnight or so too

The Bucks Free Press is a typical Bucks paper all houses and bitching about building somewhere. however their sports is quite good.

My Wycombe supporting mate echoes your views on Betsy, and says it'll be quite a good signing for us, and will be able to cope with Championship football

He reckons he'll bomb forward and will push attacks forward, but aint a great one for dropping back to defend. Hes not a trouble maker, just knuckles down and works. reckons he'll be down today, or tomorrow for the medical/wheeler dealing, and will sign tomorrow, possibly being introduced to the fans Saturday, before the game?

soo City fans, it may be a good signing, and for what 150,000. Just remember our previous signing from Wycombe, and he was a steal too.

By the way Wycombe boys kick some Gas butt in february please.....

Embarassed I don't know this, who was the other signing?

Wait a minute, was it Basso?

We've got Mickey Bell, We've got Mickey Bell,

We've got Mickey, We've got Mickey, We've got Mickey Bell.

And we got him cheap, And we got him cheap,

And we got him, and we got him, and we got him cheap !!!!!!!!!

We've got Mickey Bell, We've got Mickey Bell,

We've got Mickey, We've got Mickey, We've got Mickey Bell.

And we got him cheap, And we got him cheap,

And we got him, and we got him, and we got him cheap !!!!!!!!!

and wasnt it fun singing it at Wycombe in the promotion season!!! :clapping:

S****horpe had had a bid rejected and at £500k, having seen him play, I wouldn't want to pay anymore than £100/150k plus clauses.

I agree with that 500k is too much but it would be interesting to know how much we would be willing to spend on the right player. If we are paying 150k for Betsy who is 29 and from a division down we might be willing to spend a fair amount on someone like Pospisil.

I agree with that 500k is too much but it would be interesting to know how much we would be willing to spend on the right player. If we are paying 150k for Betsy who is 29 and from a division down we might be willing to spend a fair amount on someone like Pospisil.

It's got to be a strong pospsilibility.

Not definite of course, but far from an impopsilibility either.

This is football, surely anythings pospisilble?

As long he doesn't get injured and end up in Hospipospistal.

Hardly Mission Impospisilipissible? :whistle2:

What's his name again? :dunno::blush::doh:

If we had 500k to spend there are plenty of better players around to spend it on that Donaldson IMO, he's not good enough for the step up. Hawley is a great example, there are others.

Pospisil will be expensive in terms of wages, I doubt the transfer fee will be much more than £100-150k.

It's got to be a strong pospsilibility.

Not definite of course, but far from an impopsilibility either.

This is football, surely anythings pospisilble?

As long he doesn't get injured and end up in Hospipospistal.

Hardly Mission Impospisilipissible? :whistle2:

What's his name again? :dunno::blush::doh:

:clapping:

You must be taking the Michal...

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/sport/s...ign_johnson.php

Paul Lambert thinks he has been sold and has already brought in cover. About as much of a confirmation as you can get from the selling clubs manager. So they must believe they are no longer paying his wages.

"Boss Paul Lambert said: "I'm disappointed to lose him, but that's the game. He's wanted to go for a number of weeks since Bristol first showed an interest and he's on his way there now"

He must have signed or the WW manager wouldn't be quoted like this. Don't think it's agents. More likely GJ keeping his cards to his chest before tomorrows big match.

www.gasroom.com

Wycombe fans adament hes gone to us for 150k and they say it WILL be announced tomorrow morning.

Lets hope theres 2 signings tomorrow, getting Posipill would guarentee promotion, GET HIM IN!

now, i am generally the most Postive Fan in Positive Town, but Kevin Betsy - good player though he is - is a similar but not quite as good version of Scott Murray!!

We forget how lucky we are to have a player like Murray - he defends well, he creates goals, he finishes them and averages 15 a season over the years (probably..). Betsy is a right footed, right winger, who can sometimes do a job up front.. don't see the need for him, personally.

I'd prefer us to loan andrews until end of the season, go up with excellent squad we have, and then spend real cash on real championship players. Like Sharpe.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/sport/s...ign_johnson.php

Paul Lambert thinks he has been sold and has already brought in cover. About as much of a confirmation as you can get from the selling clubs manager. So they must believe they are no longer paying his wages.

He must have signed or the WW manager wouldn't be quoted like this. Don't think it's agents. More likely GJ keeping his cards to his chest before tomorrows big match.

Betsy will be cuptied anyway...

The sooner it's confirmed, the happier I'll be. :city:

Betsy will be cuptied anyway...

The sooner it's confirmed, the happier I'll be. :city:

He did have a good game against Chelsea as said, and this could have encouraged more clubs... Have not heard any other rumors though.

On the Scott Murray point, yes he is all you say. But he is not getting younger and could benefit from the odd rest here and there. Competition is healthy.

now, i am generally the most Postive Fan in Positive Town, but Kevin Betsy - good player though he is - is a similar but not quite as good version of Scott Murray!!

We forget how lucky we are to have a player like Murray - he defends well, he creates goals, he finishes them and averages 15 a season over the years (probably..). Betsy is a right footed, right winger, who can sometimes do a job up front.. don't see the need for him, personally.

I'd prefer us to loan andrews until end of the season, go up with excellent squad we have, and then spend real cash on real championship players. Like Sharpe.

Have faith in GJ. I likes e'

i think CUB I.T. Solutions should be our sponsors next season, suntan.

I offered my services, and GJ said " I don't like your attitude fool, who the hell u think u r. get out of my office"

I'm awaiting some sort of official communication before i move my stuff in.

Archived