IGNORED

JPT Area Final Tickets

Bristol Boy

• SC&T Board Members

Easy - tickets are valid for the rearranged date ... just like last night's!

There is NO reason why they can't start advance sales for the home leg NOW ... except ineptitude.

In fact, there is a very good commercial reason TO start selling now ... so that they sell as many as possible while the opponent is still unknown ... just in case it turns out to be Shrewsbury!

I guess that the club still aren't 100% when the 1st leg will be. I know it is penciled in but what happens if Shrewsbury gets called off again?

Actually, if you think about it, it's irrelevant, unless they're going to play it at a weird time & venue.I'll go whenever it is and it'll be before the final on 1st April.Anybody that wants to wait, are welcome to, but it'll stop a bottleneck and give the club some breathing space.

What if we beat Boro, get another home draw and then the Gas win their semi?? Needless Pandimonium again??

Easy - tickets are valid for the rearranged date ... just like last night's!

There is NO reason why they can't start advance sales for the home leg NOW ... except ineptitude.

In fact, there is a very good commercial reason TO start selling now ... so that they sell as many as possible while the opponent is still unknown ... just in case it turns out to be Shrewsbury!

BINGO

Guest MaloneFM

Because old stick the rules of the competition state that we have to actually have someone to play first. What do they print on the tickets?

JPT SOUTHERN AREA FINAL

BRISTOL CITY v WHOEVER WINS OUT OF THE GAS AND SHREWSBURY PROVIDED IT ISN'T RAINED OFF OR THE PITCH ISN'T FROZEN

Make the ticket a bit long won't it?

Because old stick the rules of the competition state that we have to actually have someone to play first. What do they print on the tickets?

JPT SOUTHERN AREA FINAL

BRISTOL CITY v WHOEVER WINS OUT OF THE GAS AND SHREWSBURY PROVIDED IT ISN'T RAINED OFF OR THE PITCH ISN'T FROZEN

So how many times does it take to be called off before the FA toss a coin to see who goes through??

• Admin

JPT SOUTHERN AREA FINAL

Have been to play off final matches (non city) at Wembley where teams were not on ticket, just mentions the part of the ground seat is in !

Easy Rog, Bristol City V Rovers/Shrewsbury, With strong advice that the game may be played on a different date but that ticket is valid for which ever date the game is played on.

some people will moan about bloody anything a number of reasons spring to mind, the main being

We don't know who we are playing, so you can't put that on a ticket.

We don't know when we are playing, although the date is planned subject to any FA Cup reply's, not ideal to sell ticket before a date can even be confirm,

plus the fact of actually agreeing a price for the tickets to go on sale, if we play Rovers, tickets are going to be probably Catergory C tickets, ranging from £16-£21, if we play Shrewsbury the tickets will be heavily reduced costing around £9-£15 depending on what stand you are in, this is something City need to agree with the Visiting Club.

either way, this whole thread is just YET another pathetic attack on the club, by a select few on a ego trip.

So the answer to "why aren't tickets on sale yet" COMMON SENSE!

JPT SOUTHERN AREA FINAL

YES THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE DO

BRISTOL CITY v WHOEVER WINS OUT OF THE GAS AND SHREWSBURY

COMMON SENSE AIN'T ALL THAT COMMON MALONE, IS IT

PROVIDED IT ISN'T RAINED OFF OR THE PITCH ISN'T FROZEN

SAYS THAT IN THE SMALL PRINT ON EVERY TICKET SOLD

NO

Carry on like that and you'll get Sexstones job

some people will moan about bloody anything a number of reasons spring to mind, the main being

And some people don't moan, nothing happens and we'll be in a world of $h1t again and again

We don't know who we are playing, so you can't put that on a ticket.

And why do you need to put it on the ticket.The ticket only needs the game title and the seat number.I got into the game last night on the ticket I bought for the first game that was cancelled.Dead simple

We don't know when we are playing,

See the main website 14th Feb.All games are subject to postponent or change.What's your answer, don't print any fixture lists??

although the date is planned subject to any FA Cup reply's, not ideal to sell ticket before a date can even be confirm,

We know when it'll be and if things change, 95% of those keen enough to get a ticket early will still go and the others can get their dough refunded.

plus the fact of actually agreeing a price for the tickets to go on sale, if we play Rovers, tickets are going to be probably Catergory C tickets, ranging from £16-£21, if we play Shrewsbury the tickets will be heavily reduced costing around £9-£15 depending on what stand you are in, this is something City need to agree with the Visiting Club.

JPT Ticket prices are at an agreed rate and our esteemed CEO was on the commitee that planned it.

either way, this whole thread is just YET another pathetic attack on the club, by a select few on a ego trip.

The largest ticket thread had about 300 replies and 6,000 hits and it wasn't the only one, so it isn't "a few"and you must realise te amount of emotional capital invested in the club.You also seem to be forgetting that WE are the club.

So the answer to "why aren't tickets on sale yet" COMMON SENSE!

When you don't get one because they've all been sold in bulk to any dingbat that wanders up to the window, we'll see if you feel the same way.

The point is that we are told that the Boro tickets were sold in a rushed manner to to time constraints.If that's the case, we have plenty of time to do this right.Let's utilise as much of that time as possible.

When you don't get one because they've all been sold in bulk to any dingbat that wanders up to the window, we'll see if you feel the same way.

The point is that we are told that the Boro tickets were sold in a rushed manner to to time constraints.If that's the case, we have plenty of time to do this right.Let's utilise as much of that time as possible.

You have lambasted the club for the way the Boro ticketing were dealt with and quite rightly, why criticise the club for taking there time in planning the ticketing which you've asked for. No way they can win!

You have lambasted the club for the way the Boro ticketing were dealt with and quite rightly, why criticise the club for taking there time in planning the ticketing which you've asked for. No way they can win!

Because the fact that they took their time was, in part, the reason for the mad rush this week.We knew we were at home to Hull or Boro on 8th Jan IF we beat Coventry.So, you can plan for what might happen and then, if it doesn't....fine.If you don't plan and then it does happen, you're in the $h1t and you don't have the time to get out of it.

They've now got plenty of time to get it right and we should have been thinking about what would happen before the BHA game.Who wins the Gas v Shrews is irrelevant WE are at home and WE are in the final and WE have an allocated date.

BETTER WAY

1.ST Holders

2.BHA Stubs (Not the ST Holders who were there)

3.Other stubs that we asked fans to retain Orient, Forest (JPT) York

Then Gen Sale (2 Tkts Per App-Check Database for previous sales as we don't want away fans in the home bit)

You really can't sell tickets for an event when you don't know a) when it will be and b) what the event will be.

To do that would be truly inept, and in my opinion that would be the club trying to engineer a fast buck. I mean, they'd have to leave tickets on for season ticket holders until well after the other semi-final is played anyway because there's no way that all 7000 season ticket holders are going to want to buy a ticket for a game that may well be against Shrewsbury on a cold Wednesday night in February. I mean I know I won't be giving up my weekday evening and doing a near-200 mile round-trip if the Gas don't win, so I sure as hell won't be buying a ticket until I know what the situation is.

Because the fact that they took their time was, in part, the reason for the mad rush this week.We knew we were at home to Hull or Boro on 8th Jan IF we beat Coventry.So, you can plan for what might happen and then, if it doesn't....fine.If you don't plan and then it does happen, you're in the $h1t and you don't have the time to get out of it.

They've now got plenty of time to get it right and we should have been thinking about what would happen before the BHA game.Who wins the Gas v Shrews is irrelevant WE are at home and WE are in the final and WE have an allocated date.

BETTER WAY

1.ST Holders

2.BHA Stubs (Not the ST Holders who were there)

3.Other stubs that we asked fans to retain Orient, Forest (JPT) York

Then Gen Sale (2 Tkts Per App-Check Database for previous sales as we don't want away fans in the home bit)

In theory that would work, but what about internet sales? Theres nothing to stop a load of gas fans buying home tickets over the internet

You really can't sell tickets for an event when you don't know a) when it will be and b) what the event will be.

To do that would be truly inept, and in my opinion that would be the club trying to engineer a fast buck.

I'm with you entirely on this one. What about those season ticket holders who can't make some of the possible dates or, perish the thought, might not attend if the opposition is Shrewsbury rather than the pikey scum.

But why deprive those who are determined to moan at anything the club (and especially Mssrs Lansdown and Sexstone) does of their sense of outrage?

If we get the gas at home in the JP trophy I would like to see a condition whereby ALL supporters buying a ticket on general sale must also buy a ticket for a forthcoming home game, at reduced prices ie £15 adult, £10 students/OAPS, £7 kids...

Guest MaloneFM

All staff please report to the sense of humour failure ward immediatley...we've got incoming.

Look chums bearing in mind the cock up over the allocation and distrubution of every major game since god was in nappies do you REALLY want them to put tickets on sale before we know who the opposition is, the date and where we play them?

Personally I'm not keen.

how the hell can they sell tickets yet? when we don't know who we are playing? don't know when we are playing?

lets be honest though, which ever game it is city are going to want as many people as possible, however if it is Rovers, the tickets are going to cost around £15+, if it is shrewsbury it will be £10+

why don't they just say, "buy your ticket now for £15 for Rovers, if it is Shrewsbury, then we will give you all £5 back! that wouldn't cause chaos would it! :doh:

Still, with some people it's very much a case of the club are damned whatever they do,

no doubt those at the club, just write these people off as just serial complainers! (just like most people on the forum!

Guest MaloneFM
no doubt those at the club, just write these people off as just serial complainers! (just like most people on the forum!

Yes good point. All you that thought the redesign of the badge, last seasons shirt, the appointment of Tinnion, the refusal to open the East End, the rows of empty seats in the Premier club, anyone that bought a brick for the non building of the East End, the non building of the East End, the poor service offered by World on matchdays, the poor catering, the high bar prices and the fiasco that meant tickets for the Boro game went on open sale and ST holders, then ST only, then open sale again.

Are just serial complainers. Shame on you!

Yes good point. All you that thought the redesign of the badge, last seasons shirt, the appointment of Tinnion, the refusal to open the East End, the rows of empty seats in the Premier club, anyone that bought a brick for the non building of the East End, the non building of the East End, the poor service offered by World on matchdays, the poor catering, the high bar prices and the fiasco that meant tickets for the Boro game went on open sale and ST holders, then ST only, then open sale again.

Are just serial complainers. Shame on you!

Bristol City Football Club, should have learnt a lesson from the Boro game, the way that the ticket sales were handled were very badley completed. Rovers and Shrewsbury play next Tuesday, if that game is called off then they play Wednesday, which is the end of Jan, the proposed date for the game at the Gate for the final is Feb 14th. BCFC should now be taking orders for the area final game, no tickets need to be issused, has anybody not heard of a database, details can be taken debit card details, names addresses etc, when the opposition is confirmed THEN tickets can be issused out. Certain people will go whether we play Rovers or we play Shrewsbury, these are the people that the Club SHOULD look after. What will end up happening is there will be a free for all and tickets will just be sold to anyone who turns up to buy. This is not a dig at the club, however mistakes have been made, the club should to look to work smarter, this way some staf can issue out tickets to the people who have pre-booked, and other members of staff can deal with telephone calls and personal visitors to the ticket office.

The game will happen, is highly likely to be played on the 14th Feb, the only thing that is not certain is who will we play.

You really can't sell tickets for an event when you don't know

a) when it will be

14.2.2007 7.45pm

and b) what the event will be.

JPT Area Final 1st Leg

To do that would be truly inept, and in my opinion that would be the club trying to engineer a fast buck.

What was selling 9,000 tickets, as many as you like per application, to any random bloke?

I mean, they'd have to leave tickets on for season ticket holders until well after the other semi-final is played anyway because there's no way that all 7000 season ticket holders are going to want to buy a ticket for a game that may well be against Shrewsbury on a cold Wednesday night in February.

You're right that it won't be full against Shrews but I suppose the dedicated will still be there as they were this Tuesday.Why not hand out vouchers offering priority after ST Holders etc for the secon leg and if we reach the final.Fair dos to sweat the asset and maximise income in that way, without any disenfranchising of loyal supporters.Sexstones excuse for the Boro problems was one word TIME-My point is that we now have plenty-why not use it.If ST Holders don't want to commit-fine at least we can take 4/5,000 out of the potential log jam

I mean I know I won't be giving up my weekday evening and doing a near-200 mile round-trip if the Gas don't win, so I sure as hell won't be buying a ticket until I know what the situation is.

Super and that's your prerogative

Bristol City Football Club, should have learnt a lesson from the Boro game, the way that the ticket sales were handled were very badley completed. Rovers and Shrewsbury play next Tuesday, if that game is called off then they play Wednesday, which is the end of Jan, the proposed date for the game at the Gate for the final is Feb 14th. BCFC should now be taking orders for the area final game, no tickets need to be issused, has anybody not heard of a database, details can be taken debit card details, names addresses etc, when the opposition is confirmed THEN tickets can be issused out.

SPOT ON

Certain people will go whether we play Rovers or we play Shrewsbury, these are the people that the Club SHOULD look after.

Agreed

What will end up happening is there will be a free for all and tickets will just be sold to anyone who turns up to buy. This is not a dig at the club, however mistakes have been made, the club should to look to work smarter, this way some staf can issue out tickets to the people who have pre-booked, and other members of staff can deal with telephone calls and personal visitors to the ticket office.

Planning & Forethought.

The game will happen, is highly likely to be played on the 14th Feb, the only thing that is not certain is who will we play.

Absolutely and we should remember that ALL fixtures are subject to rearrangment due to weather, other fixtures arising and the Cup takes priority over League if agreeent can't be made.

how the hell can they sell tickets yet? when we don't know who we are playing? don't know when we are playing?

lets be honest though, which ever game it is city are going to want as many people as possible, however if it is Rovers, the tickets are going to cost around £15+, if it is shrewsbury it will be £10+

why don't they just say, "buy your ticket now for £15 for Rovers, if it is Shrewsbury, then we will give you all £5 back! that wouldn't cause chaos would it! :doh:

Still, with some people it's very much a case of the club are damned whatever they do,

Why not start selling them now? Just put the name of the game on the ticket - no need for dates and opponents.

And if City want to lower the cost because we only end up playing Shrewsbury, then that's the gamble people would have taken by ensuring they've bought their ticket early. Their gamble = more revenue for the club.

I don't think it's a case of people thinking 'the club are damned whatever they do'... I think it's a case of supporters keen to get their hands on tickets for an important game that might just end up being a local derby.

If the ticketing 'problems' with Saturday's game had not happened i.e. we went out in an earlier round or didn't draw a Prem club then I don't think anyone would be worried at this stage about the ticketing.

Archived