IGNORED

JPT Area Final Tickets

Bristol Boy

how the hell can they sell tickets yet?

Dead easy

when we don't know who we are playing?

It will be Rovers or Shrewsbury-what difference will that make.......apart from the smell obviously.

don't know when we are playing?

14th Feb 7.45pm-subject to rearrangement, as per every other game on the fixture list

lets be honest though, which ever game it is city are going to want as many people as possible, however if it is Rovers, the tickets are going to cost around £15+, if it is shrewsbury it will be £10+

I think you will find that there is a special arrangement for JPT Prices to stop clubs doing exactly what you suggest below

why don't they just say, "buy your ticket now for £15 for Rovers, if it is Shrewsbury, then we will give you all £5 back! that wouldn't cause chaos would it! :doh:

Because we can't have different prices for different teams :doh:

Still, with some people it's very much a case of the club are damned whatever they do,

If they don't do it right they'll get stick .Why complain that you don't get enough time to sell tickets then, when you do have time, not use it :blink:

no doubt those at the club, just write these people off as just serial complainers! (just like most people on the forum!

I think you'll find there are those at the club that are concerned and that's why the ST got to matter on The Agenda at a recent Board Meeting.It's called listening to your customers.Don't complain, then nothing will change.

If we get the gas at home in the JP trophy I would like to see a condition whereby ALL supporters buying a ticket on general sale must also buy a ticket for a forthcoming home game, at reduced prices ie £15 adult, £10 students/OAPS, £7 kids...

My understanding is that there is an agreed pricing structure for the JPT hence £8 for my seat against BHA.

Vouchers and ticket stubs could be used from games to prioritise tickets for both final legs and those we went to Orient & For (JPT) and York in the FA Cup should get prioroty after ST Holders.

I'm happy the tickets are not on sale now to ST holders, I'd like to know who we're playing first!

Then let those of us who want to buy now, buy theirs first to stop the log jam and cock ups when other ST Holders, various part timers and one timers block the phone lines/onlines and queue around the block

If it's Shrewsbury I probably won't bother.

Why don't you want to cheer your team on in a Final that will lead to the Millenium, irrespective of the opposition?

Why don't you want to cheer your team on in a Final that will lead to the Millenium, irrespective of the opposition?

with the game possibly being on Valentines day, alot of people will get it in the neck from their other half's, understandably it won't be so bad getting nagged at if we are playing Rovers, whereas Shrewsbury on the other hand doesn't have the same motivational value for some.

with the game possibly being on Valentines day, alot of people will get it in the neck from their other half's, understandably it won't be so bad getting nagged at if we are playing Rovers, whereas Shrewsbury on the other hand doesn't have the same motivational value for some.

Then you can't have it both ways bh.

If people know when the game is, but their missus won't let them go, that's fine. :whistle2:

Those affected could start a thread entitled "They Wanted Me To Go To Ashton, SHE said, No, No, No!!" :laugh::rofl2br::rofl2br:

My understanding is that there is an agreed pricing structure for the JPT hence £8 for my seat against BHA.

Vouchers and ticket stubs could be used from games to prioritise tickets for both final legs and those we went to Orient & For (JPT) and York in the FA Cup should get prioroty after ST Holders.

18.1.1 subject to the provisions of Rule 18.7, the Home Club shall determine the ticket prices

for each Match;

I think BB has made some very valid points, how can he be classed as moaning by wanting to purchase a ticket for a CITY game???,

I'm not going to go into all the details that has been discussed, but whichever way you look at it, BB has given a very simple and reasonable opinion in which way the club can handle this.

If the City were to offer seats for the 1st leg Area final to Season ticket holders, then where is the problem?, we know there is a chance that we could very easily end up playing Shrewsbury (I hope), but surely that is a persons choice, and in the long run as BB says, it would take 4/5000 people wanting tickets out of the equasion if we should meet the Gas, making life a lot easier for the Bristol City ticket office, and ourselves.

Would you have them on sale to ST holders only?

Yes for three or four days-could've been Weds, Thurs, Fri & Sat this week after we beat BHA-Ticket office isn't as busy as if Rovers had won.

And when would you then put them on general sale (or to those in the next priority group)?

Priority groups for the next 3/4 (flexible on sales enquiries)

Then Gen sale therefater up to 14th-4 per application subject to club database and sensible checks to ensure segregation.

I'm not saying that's perfect but if we have time why not use it.

Have you thought that the reason the tickets are'nt on sale is because if we get to play the Gas, the policing costs will go up?? hence the ticket prices will go up??

So, how do you set ticket prices for a game against someone that hasn't been decided yet???

Sounds to me like your just jumping on the band wagon of the boro ticketting fiasco.

Why don't we demand the club starts selling tickets for the Final in Cardiff???

Sack the Manager, Sack the board, Sack the Pasty Seller!!!!!!!

I think BB has made some very valid points, how can he be classed as moaning by wanting to purchase a ticket for a CITY game???,

I'm not going to go into all the details that has been discussed, but whichever way you look at it, BB has given a very simple and reasonable opinion in which way the club can handle this.

If the City were to offer seats for the 1st leg Area final to Season ticket holders, then where is the problem?, we know there is a chance that we could very easily end up playing Shrewsbury (I hope), but surely that is a persons choice, and in the long run as BB says, it would take 4/5000 people wanting tickets out of the equasion if we should meet the Gas, making life a lot easier for the Bristol City ticket office, and ourselves.

Thank you, Sir.

I think there is a world of difference between moaning and making a constructive suggestions.

A brief look on the internet shows that there is no universal ticket policy for JPT games, which means it's impossible to make the correct decision of ticket pricing for the Area final, UNTILL we know who we face.

So, just to make it clear, are you suggesting that we put the prices up for a game against the Gas or down if we face Shrewsbury?

Wouldn't that be unfair and a bit counter productive in the clubs relationship with it's fanbase?

And I know there is a rule that states that we can't charge away fans more than home game for identical accommodation.

Rule 18.7 states that a MAXIMUM price has been set, but it does still state that clubs are free to set the price upto that pre determined maximum.

Which I would suggest is why BCFC are unable to provide tickets for sale as they are waiting to see who they face and then determine the prices from then on.

As people have already suggested but then been shot down.

So, just to make it clear, are you suggesting that we put the prices up for a game against the Gas or down if we face Shrewsbury?

Wouldn't that be unfair and a bit counter productive in the clubs relationship with it's fanbase?

And I know there is a rule that states that we can't charge away fans more than home game for identical accommodation.

Supply and demand BB

Of course the ticketing cost will differ, there will be differing policing costs for the 2.

It happens all the time!

Have you thought that the reason the tickets are'nt on sale is because if we get to play the Gas, the policing costs will go up?? hence the ticket prices will go up??

So, how do you set ticket prices for a game against someone that hasn't been decided yet???

Sounds to me like your just jumping on the band wagon of the boro ticketting fiasco.

Why don't we demand the club starts selling tickets for the Final in Cardiff???

Sack the Manager, Sack the board, Sack the Pasty Seller!!!!!!!

Your comemnts about the policing situation is a valid one and yes there is no doubt that the local police will not want a bristol derby and the costs will be far greater than if we play Shrewsbury.

Your point about the selling of tickets before we know who we will play can be addressed easily, IF people are prepared to buy tickets NOW, regardless that the opposition is not know, then let them, that will reduce the demand if we do play Rovers, it is a chance that some fans will be prepared to take and I include myself in that group, I will be there whether we play Shrewsbury or Rovers, however I would like to ensure that I have a ticket and am not caught up in the rush if there is one.

Tickets for the final now-daft and not really revelant to the topic that is being discussed, we know there will be a game probably on the 14th, we know we will be playing in the area final.

Sack the manager/sack the board-life is about making mistakes and learning from them, the club were totally taken back by the amount of Boro tickets that were sold, i must admit I did not think we would have sold so many, so lets learn from that as a club, the club has received bad pr because of that, so thats look to put that right this time, BCFC can not come out and say that they were surpised by demand for a bristol derby like they did for the Boro game.

If people are prepared to buy regardless of the oppostition, then let them, time will be in short supply between next week and the proposed date of the game.

I'm not saying that's perfect but if we have time why not use it.

But what is the rush? If you go by your plan I think we'd see more complaints from ST holders being forced to decide before the opposition is known than those we saw for putting the boro tickets on general sale on day 1.

Even waiting for the ST vs BR result to be known gives two weeks for the tickets to be sold, allowing two or three priority groups each having two to three days to buy tickets - easy!

no it would be expected, it's not about putting the prices up because they wouldn't be, a standard home game cost between 15-21 for a cat C game, for the "lesser" teams that we have played in the cup, the prices have been heavily reduced to encourge fans, Rovers would no doubt generate a sell out at the gate, which in turn increases Stewarding and Police costs.

If we play Rovers i'd imagine it will be £15-£21 depending on seats, if Shrewsbury the club will understandably reduced tickets to encourge fans to go to the game.

You've only got to look at the cost implication of a derby game, are you saying that the cat system for league games is intrinsically unfair too?

looks to me like the club are understandably waiting until they know who they are playing until deciding the price

I honestly don't feel that a price differential......and I still feel the club could be in trouble if they start tinkering with them openly........makes a difference to ST Holders being given a chance to reserve them if they can't buy them.

Lets face it, a quid ot two either way isn't going to make a difference to most people going or not.

It's not like it's going to be a fiver for Shrewsbury & £25 for the Gas.

You've only got to look at the cost implication of a derby game, are you saying that the cat system for league games is intrinsically unfair too?

Actually, I think it is somewhat unfair however, my point is more to do with our ability to sell tickets and the time it needs.

I'd be quite happy to reserve them whoever we play and, as I've said, if others don't want to that's up to them and they can queue around the block or spend hours and pounds on the phone if they prefer.

Whatever your view I am sure you wouldn't want a repetition of last weeks events and this is a possible short term solution.It's not perfect but it would help avoid a repeat of recent events.

But what is the rush? If you go by your plan I think we'd see more complaints from ST holders being forced to decide before the opposition is known than those we saw for putting the boro tickets on general sale on day 1.

Even waiting for the ST vs BR result to be known gives two weeks for the tickets to be sold, allowing two or three priority groups each having two to three days to buy tickets - easy!

Unless two things happen.

Rovers are postponed for another week and either City, Rovers or both are in FA Cup Replays.

Like I said, it's not perfect but some kind or reservation system for ST Holders could help with logjams.

Actually, I think it is somewhat unfair however, my point is more to do with our ability to sell tickets and the time it needs.

I'd be quite happy to reserve them whoever we play and, as I've said, if others don't want to that's up to them and they can queue around the block or spend hours and pounds on the phone if they prefer.

Whatever your view I am sure you wouldn't want a repetition of last weeks events and this is a possible short term solution.It's not perfect but it would help avoid a repeat of recent events.

Don't get me wrong squire, I think you've made a worthy suggestion, however I just don't think it's workable.

I'm pretty sure the club will make any ticket sales ST ONLY for a few days if we do indeed play Rovers, halving the demand and hopefully making it more managable.

Unless two things happen.

Rovers are postponed for another week and either City, Rovers or both are in FA Cup Replays.

Like I said, it's not perfect but some kind or reservation system for ST Holders could help with logjams.

Cross that bridge when we come to it. It would still be extremely unfair on season ticket holders to be told 'you have priority but only if you pay up before we can tell you who we are playing'. Many would wait, and leave us in exactly the same situation as last week when everyone tries to get a ticket on the same day.

Archived