IGNORED

CAREY

You Know I Am Right

petty niggly and immature tonight.

don't get me wrong carey is a great player for us and has been for years, however the number of yellow cards he has got is getting silly now.

i wouldnt mind if they were mainly for fouls but the stupid off-the-ball incidents he gets involved in + all the constant moaning is embarassing.

a captain is someone who leads by example and also sets a good example to youth team players. any of them watching tonight may think that if that is how gary johnsons pick of captain behaves then why shouldnt they.

Strip Carey of the captaincy asap.

don't get me wrong carey is a great player for us and has been for years, however the number of yellow cards he has got is getting silly now.

i wouldnt mind if they were mainly for fouls but the stupid off-the-ball incidents he gets involved in + all the constant moaning is embarassing.

a captain is someone who leads by example and also sets a good example to youth team players. any of them watching tonight may think that if that is how gary johnsons pick of captain behaves then why shouldnt they.

Carey has been outstanding all season!!!

Go to bed and stop talking utter tosh.

Night night!

I have noticed that Carey does lose it when under pressure. Got sent off at Yeovil for losing in and nearly lost it against Cheltenham and tonight. Wonder if its Johnson firing him up? He never used to be like that.

I am not surprised about Carey losing it, GJ needs to look at himself and HIS team formations!

Spot on - Carey is captain and yet again his petty antics and his mouth got him a booking. 10th of the season and 4th in this manner. He needs to sort it out.

Carey has been outstanding all season!!!

Go to bed and stop talking utter tosh.

Night night!

three replies (including yours) with the other two agreeing with me rather than yourself

whos the idiot now?

back to the point, did you not think careys behaviour was a disgrace tonight?

and also, you should notice i have not criticised his displays just his attitude/behaviour

Shut up this is a JOKE! Carey ahs been outstanding this season, he is so passionate about this club and our promotion chances that he gets frustrated when things arent going our way! I'm sure most of us feel the same, I know I do!!

yes he has been outstanding, i am not questioning his ability. i would play him every week. i just think that his behaviour/attitude is not that of someone worthy of the captaincy

three replies (including yours) with the other two agreeing with me rather than yourself

whos the idiot now?

back to the point, did you not think careys behaviour was a disgrace tonight?

and also, you should notice i have not criticised his displays just his attitude/behaviour

We all know you cant judge ALL fans opinion on this shambles of a forum, What point are trying to make?

Carey HAS been outstanding this season,.

Who do you really think could show the Passion, Commitment, 100% attitude that Carey does each week?

Who else could be OUR captain? Maybe Brooker- never fit and like a ruck in nightclubs?

I think most fans would agree with me that Carey IS the man to be Captain we have.

Finally- Carey is not a disgrace - he is eveything a player should be when wearing a city shirt!

We all know you cant judge ALL fans opinion on this shambles of a forum, What point are trying to make?

Carey HAS been outstanding this season,.

Who do you really think could show the Passion, Commitment, 100% attitude that Carey does each week?

Who else could be OUR captain? Maybe Brooker- never fit and like a ruck in nightclubs?

I think most fans would agree with me that Carey IS the man to be Captain we have.

Finally- Carey is not a disgrace - he is eveything a player should be when wearing a city shirt!

did you noy find the behaviour of our captain tonight a little embarassing though?

all the constant niggling and moaning

surely not the right example a captain should set

• Admin
did you noy find the behaviour of our captain tonight a little embarassing though?

all the constant niggling and moaning

surely not the right example a captain should set

Carey should have been shown a red card tonight.

Raised his arms twice to an opponent and constantly whinged at the ref.

If we had a team full of players of his "attitude" (note: I'm not questioning his "ability") we'd have to have a 30+ man squad to cover for the suspensions.

mccombe? yes i know he has a few bookings aswell but atleast they are (mainly) for f ouls rather than constant off the ball niggling

Really McCombe! Your obviously struggling.( like YOU said similar number bookings )

McCombe is a perfect vice captain but i still fail to see the BIG problem with Carey.

Really McCombe! Your obviously struggling.( like YOU said similar number bookings )

McCombe is a perfect vice captain but i still fail to see the BIG problem with Carey.

like ive said before, any of the youth team watching tonight may see the sort of behaviour carey was doing and think that if this is ok for the captain it is obviously ok for them

your all quick to mention that his hot headed attituf=de means he shouldnt be captain but he gets fired up and i would definately want that in my captain, a bit of aggression and someone with passion!! i don't hear any of you mentioning the time at coventry where we were two nil up with five minutes to go but he was still shouting and screaming and motivating the team!! sorry but he would alway be my captain, someone with passion for the club and someone that gives 110% every minute of every game!!

Carey = Hero

:englandsmile4wf:

• Admin

It's not so much the number of bookings as the type of bookings.

McCombe gets booked you can pretty much predict it is for a normal foul in trying to win the ball.

I share the opinion that your on-the-pitch captain should not be getting himself booked/sent-off for off the ball tussles and back-chatting at the referee.

These are "needless" bookings and only harm "Bristol City" as a result as we are then robbed of a player of Carey's undoubted talent when he inevitably picks up suspensions.

I believe a captain should lead by example and that is not a good example to set.

your all quick to mention that his hot headed attituf=de means he shouldnt be captain but he gets fired up and i would definately want that in my captain, a bit of aggression and someone with passion!! i don't hear any of you mentioning the time at coventry where we were two nil up with five minutes to go but he was still shouting and screaming and motivating the team!! sorry but he would alway be my captain, someone with passion for the club and someone that gives 110% every game!!

Carey = Hero

:englandsmile4wf:

passion, encouragement, yes all good

but, why the need to constantly moan at the ref and constantly get involved off the ball ie with beckford and with sharpe. very lucky not to get sent off tonight

if he cuts that out then great because he is a great player and i prefer a bristolian as captain but if he keeps behaving the way he did tonight it isnt the example a captain shoul dset

Ooh, reactionary.

Personally i'm very happy with Louis as captain, passionate, brave, local and vocal.

However, whilst i think he should remain captain, you do raise a good point. Is it any wonder we have petulant knobheads like JMW when their captain is receiving so many unnecessary cautions? He really could do with curbing his urge to "get involved."

It's not so much the number of bookings as the type of bookings.

McCombe gets booked you can pretty much predict it is for a normal foul in trying to win the ball.

I share the opinion that your on-the-pitch captain should not be getting himself booked/sent-off for off the ball tussles and back-chatting at the referee.

These are "needless" bookings and only harm "Bristol City" as a result as we are then robbed of a player of Carey's undoubted talent when he inevitably picks up suspensions.

I believe a captain should lead by example and that is not a good example to set.

Obviously Alex Ferguson agrees with you. -Roy Keene was a shitte captain for leading by example!

Long may Carey be captain, The best we have by a mile!

Ooh, reactionary.

Personally i'm very happy with Louis as captain, passionate, brave, local and vocal.

However, whilst i think he should remain captain, you do raise a good point. Is it any wonder we have petulant knobheads like JMW when their captain is receiving so many unnecessary cautions? He really could do with curbing his urge to "get involved."

well said, somebody who actually put across an argument as well as giving their own opinion.

like i said in the post abov e yours i want a bristolian as captain. i also think carey is the man for the job BUT only if he cuts out the petulant behaviour. especially off the ball as there is no need

a good example of this was away at bradford!

People are saying about people moaning too much, but its things like "strip carey of teh captaincy" that would really mess up this club. U cant strip him of it, hes our leader.

I bet these people wernt saying strip TOmmy Doherty of it when he was going round smoking/drinknig etc. He got into scraps and people said "thats why we love tommy". U think ROy Keane made a good captain cos he was an angel?

Archived