IGNORED

Boycott The Evening Post Campaign

Big Red Rich

After that disgracefull front page story to add to the many many other inaccurate and lazy pieces this paper has produced surely some sort of boycott should start.

Perhaps something for the supporters trust to take up?

This newspaper is rotten to the core and stories like this which brand a victim as a criminal is absurd.

So has this campaign got legs or is it another story that will blow over? This sort of journalism needs to stop NOW.

:angry:

After that disgracefull front page story to add to the many many other inaccurate and lazy pieces this paper has produced surely some sort of boycott should start.

Perhaps something for the supporters trust to take up?

This newspaper is rotten to the core and stories like this which brand a victim as a criminal is absurd.

So has this campaign got legs or is it another story that will blow over? This sort of journalism needs to stop NOW.

:angry:

I'm speaking as a humble City fan here & not on behalf of the Trust:

If people are unhappy with this paper, then simply don't buy it. Whilst it may not always seem so, most fans are capable of independant tought & therefor in a position to do this without the need for another organisation to become involved. To me, it would almost seem hypocritical of the Trust to become involved here as there are bad things written about our Club on this very forum (which the Trust are the custodians of) yet the comments are allowed to stand as the posts create debate & often the originator gets shot down in flames.

Personally, I'm no fan of the EP & don't buy it. I read the article regrding Orr today & was equally as disappointed as many others. It's desperate journalism & disgusting to read. If people want to boycott it then all they need do is not buy it & not visit their website.

Evening post article;

An investigation has been launched after a football fan threw a punch at a Bristol City player during the club's home match this weekend.

Bradley Orr, who was jailed for affray last year after a city-centre punch-up, narrowly avoided being hit as he lined up a throw-in during Saturday's game against Huddersfield.

The spectator leaned over a gate in the advertising hoarding and appeared to try to punch Orr, but missed. It is understood that teammate Lee Johnson then pushed the man in the chest away from Orr.

As he was led away by a steward, he ran the gauntlet of angry city supporters but officials shut a gate behind him to avoid any repercussions.

The club has informed Avon and Somerset police, and the incident is being investigated.

It is not known which team the spectator was supporting, but he was in the Dolman Stand - where City fans were sitting.

The incident happened 75 minutes into the match, as City trailed Huddersfield 0-1. City went on to draw level with an 88th-minute equaliser from Lee Johnson.

City manager Gary Johnson said: "Certain individuals are going to pick on players.

"You get the odd idiot who says something because he is upset and maybe his brain doesn't quite take in the situation.

"I hear those individuals all the time but generally the crowd were brilliant and they did get behind the lads - and you can see when they rally round it happens for us.

"If fans can't support positively then we don't want them in the ground."

Orr has been in trouble on and off the pitch before. In 2003, he was cautioned for pushing a carton of food in a woman's face.

Last August, he tried to headbutt teammate Louis Carey as City defended a corner in the team's 3-1 away win to Northampton. He apologised for the incident and said it was "unforgivable", blaming the heat of passion during the match.

Days later he was sentenced to imprisonment for an incident that had occurred in Bristol city centre on October 12, 2005. Together with Steve Brooker, Dave Partridge and Scott Brown, he was involved in a fracas outside Romeo Brown's nightclub in Clare Street, which had started when Partridge was thrown out of the nightclub.

Bristol Crown Court heard Partridge was involved in the worst violence, while Brooker threw bottles and a wheelie bin, Orr punched bouncers and Brown hurled abuse at a passer-by during the incident on October 12 last year.

Partridge was sentenced to two months' imprisonment, Brown was given a community punishment and Brooker and Orr were sentenced to 28 days - of which they served 14.

The club issued a statement with regards to Saturday's incident, confirming there had been an incident between two players and a spectator. There was no criticism of players. It read: "The situation is now under investigation by the club and the police and no further statement will be issued until this has been completed. The club reserves the right to ban any spectator for life from Ashton Gate."

I find the constant references to the jailed three insulting. Especially, as Brooker, Partridge and Brown's names are mentioned. What did they deserve for this to be dragged up again?

Makes me sick.

I'm incensed.

I don't buy the piece of crap but there are other ways to hurt them.

For example, in my job I'm responsible for recruiting staff therefore get to take part in approving recruitment agencies every year. We spend over £100k a year with more than one agency. I'm going to be telling the agents I work with that they won't be on the list next year if they advertise in the evil post.

REFUSE TO BUY THE THING!

It's a discrace of a paper!

NO ONE BUY FROM THEM AT THE GROUND!!!

without wanting to vandalise the gate, anyway of covering the "evening post" part of the dolman stand at the top? all we need is a volunteer with a big ladder, a couple of pots of paint and a roller.........any takers?

REFUSE TO BUY THE THING!

It's a discrace of a paper!

NO ONE BUY FROM THEM AT THE GROUND!!!

without wanting to vandlish the game, anyway of removing the "evening post" part of the dolman stand at the top? all we need is a volunteer with a big ladder, a couple of pots of paint and a roller.........any takers?

Great sig Squire!

The Club should ban the selling of this garbage at the Ground. That may make some sort of statement to the papers publishing group that it is not only the fans, but the Club has tolerated all the crap they are going to from this rabble. If thet cant produce acurate coverage, don't comment at all. Bradley now appears to be the instigator and not the victim. Come on SL & CS make a stand for the CLUB and ban all sales within the ground.

Spot on, BAN THE LOCAL PRESS from personal interviews and special access.

if they want to report on the matchday let the journo pay for his ticket like the rest of us and sit in the stand, if he wants a interview, get it from the website......HOLD ON..........that's what they do anyway.....silly me!

I notice that there are now 3 businesses who have pulled the plug on the EP by removing their advertising.....

Lets hope that its not tokenism and the plug stays pulled.

I haven't bought the EP for over a year in protest over other crap they've written in the past.

just seen the paper itself and the article in question! they can't even get the basic's right!

smaller picture has underneath........Fan is led away by a steward..........picture has the idiot in question being taken pushed away by man a black leather jacket, Black City, Red Scarf, Jeans and white trainers.......hmmmmm. Steward's don't dress like that do they!

UTTER UTTER INCOMPETENCE!

Unfair Journalism - due to the fact that the reporter goes over old ground. I find this extremly distasteful and is going over an incident over one year ago.

This is not journalism but ganging up against a football club and I find it distasteful when certain events happen at a neighbouring club do not get handled in the same way. - This is called biased reporting.

Everyone get to the press complaints comission and do what i did above in bold and lets get an apology for Bristol City Football Club and especially Mr Orr

This raises its head every so often , and people STILL say i,m going to stop buying it, ??? Why DO , people buy the rag, ? , Lets make it the final showdown, Please don't buy the RAG ever, todays reports are DISGRACEFUL , i stopped buying it two years ago , its nothing to miss , just bad , juvenile reporting, and pages of adverts .

Happy to support any campaign in any way . UP THE CITY . :redcard::redcard: :Believe: :shocking::rolleyes::yahoo:

Can someone do something to Mr stones face his pic is here *LINK REMOVED*

That's not advisable.

Sorry to be the killjoy here but he would be within his rights to complain & claim deformation of character.

The Evening Post employ him &, should you wish to criticise/complain, aim at the company, not the individual.

Whilst we want people to post freely about such issues, we still have to be mindful of the legalities.

That's not advisable.

Sorry to be the killjoy here but he would be within his rights to complain & claim deformation of character.

The Evening Post employ him &, should you wish to criticise/complain, aim at the company, not the individual.

Whilst we want people to post freely about such issues, we still have to be mindful of the legalities.

Good point.

Archived