IGNORED

Lee Johnson Bashers

Collis

Taking a penalty is about how confident you're feeling at the time and you do the side no favours if you step up when you're not. You can't decide whether or not to be confident.

Hopefully tonight will be a shot in the arm for everyone after they've settled down and realise how well they did.

Collis, and Mike 11, why don't you, and all the people like you, find another forum to go score cheap points off each other, on what has been a momentous occasion and a forkin outstanding night for BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, not the pathetic ego driven point scoring drivel which infests this forum.

Begone all of you....

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Tonight is a night all City fans should be able to forget their differences.

I would never tell anyone to go and support Rovers, but after that performance the only people trying to score points, divide fans, or criticise players should be Gasheads. They have a lot to be worried about.

Johnson bashers?

Yeah you;

• mike11
  • east dundry is red
  • cider head
  • etc

i've given constructive criticism good and bad for the kid, now this tit for tat will do no one any good becuse it

pro-longs the bashing as you put it and he'll get more pressure put on him by fans who will watch more for what

he does good and those watch for what he does bad just to come on here and be pro johnson or slate him just to get one over on

a forum poster, to be honest it will be just like one long tennis rally, it's got stupid now as it's transferred to the stands

with people chucking punches, it really ought to stop.

tonight lj worked well in a 5 man midfield becuse he was free to go foward and had cover on defending

which is not his strong point.

See, this is exactly why I have opened the forum and am now going away again.

A great night. Prouder, if that is possible, to be City, and yet ruined by people who have to try and score some points against fellow posters, who must be chastised for daring to share an opinion.

Keep going Collis; 2007 could be the year when all decent posters say firk this forum and go elsewhere. At least you'll feature in the forum awards again eh? Quite easy when there is no competition! :whistle2:

Shutup Neo.

Do you really think I give a crap?

Its bloody frustrating when I have to listen to shit week in week out with people dissing my oppinions.

I think I am allowed to have some comebacks.

Go back to subbers.

Wow Collis, could you have come across as any more childish and immature? Oops, sorry for dissing you opinions.

I think Neo has made a valid point which you would do well to take on board. It is attitudes like yours which contribute to the ridiculous matchday experience at Ashton Gate. We have just witnessed one of the greatest nights in Brstol City's recent history and all you are interested in is having a pop at fellow fans :disapointed2se:

He was class all right...after taking virtually every free-kick we had in the opposition half,when it came to taking one 12 metres out with just the goalkeeper to beat...he never took one.

Or did you miss that bit?

Jesus !! Some people don't deserve a team like City !!

I'm far from being a 'happy clapper' but its a long time since i felt as proud to be a City SUPPORTER as i do tonight and how anyone can start coming out with crap like this is beyond me !!

Some people would be on LJ's back if he'd just scored a hat trick against Barcalona in the bloody Champions League !! and then ballsed up a simple pass to make it 4-0 !!

A great night. Prouder, if that is possible, to be City, and yet ruined by people who have to try and score some points against fellow posters, who must be chastised for daring to share an opinion.

Keep going Collis; 2007 could be the year when all decent posters say firk this forum and go elsewhere. At least you'll feature in the forum awards again eh? Quite easy when there is no competition! :whistle2:

Agree, the forum gets so clogged up by posts of people having a moan it's untrue. We all have our oppinions and they differ, but certain people are determined to attempt to point score.

It's possible to have an opinion and then not gloat like a child if you happen to be right, because thats not good for anyone, and it just makes you look like a complete and utter ######.

All this childish bickering has seen this foum loose many, many of it's best posters over the last couple of years, yet those who have caused it are still her bickering away like children, well ###### done, you've turned what used to be a great forum with debate, into a piece of crap bitch fest.

The nature of fotball is that it's very much subjective, one person sees things much differently to others, some people rate certain players on a different basis, for example some people rate strikers purely on goals scored and ignore everything else, others like to look at their overall contribution, some people will sit there and say x is a crap striker because he only gets 7-8 goals a season, ignoring the 20+ they make for their strike partner, while others will rate him much higher than a striker who scores 12-14 but only lays on mabye 1 or 2 goals.

People sat here slating Robbo to the back teeth, telling anyone who would listen he was crap, while singing the praises of a certain mr Peacock, who scored around the same amount but ignoring the fact hat robbo made god knows how many more goals than Peacock, but it's a fact of life some people see things differently. Some people also have their favourite player who, rightly or wrongly they will not hear a bad word against, hell the City fans voted Doc the player of the season in a season where he was vastly outperformed for half of it by Burnell, and made to look like an unprofessional little sod, while being outperformed for the entire season by Matty Hill, but people would still hear no ill of Doc. harking on that he was some kind of god and could do great things, yet where is he now ? Do the people who didn't have the time for him sit here gloating over those that loved the bloke that we have seen that he simply wasnt good enough to hack t at a higher level.

For me with Johnson, he's a good player on his day, but looking at the last few matches,

God awful against Tranmere, for the first 45 i can't remember seing a more dismal performance from a CM for many a year, less crap in the second half but still poor.

very good against Cov, played brilliantly and was a great asset to the team in both games.

same goes for oldham.

Against Boro (both games) he was excellent, can't fault the bloke.

Against Chelt he was shite, a dismal performance.

very poor against Scunny as well.

Generally poor against huddersfield again, but managed to get the equaliser.

Yes he was good in a few of those games, but with the exception of Oldham he was dismal where it matters, frankly i couldn't care less about the FA cup, i'd rather go out 8-0 in the first round to accrington Stanley, and get promotion, than have a cup run damage our season, it's nice for the bank balance and all in the short term, but it's nothing compared to promotion, this cup run according to our management and players has already cost us at least 2 points at home to Cheltnham, i'd have rather boro have been out of sight after 15 mins and win against cheltnham, than what happened. Great as it was and the immense sense of pride i feel as a city fan, frankly in many ways does not in any way outweigh the sense of dissapointment at the last three league performances, where we have been poor.

I rate Johnson, but we must accept that he's not perfect, when he's given the time and space to play he does well, but from what i see he lacks the little touches to make himself the space to be a big influence when he's not given that space, while from what i've seen noble offers this, he's better at creating space for himself to play in. Now i'm not saying drop Johnson out of hand, what i'm saying is that there are certain games and certain times where Noble would be far more suitable in the centre of midfield than Johnson, and vice versa. We have a good squad, with good players vying for the same positions all offering something slightly dfferent, i just want to see this squad used, this doesn't just go for johnson it goes for the rest of them as well, frankly at times Russel or noble/Johnson (which ever is not playing) would be of more use than Skuse, there are times when we'd benifit from havin showumni up front over Jevons or brooker, or vice versa. We have a squad and we should damn well use it.

The central midfield was excellent last night - which includes Lee Johnson who kept things simple for the most part and looked a far far better player for it in my opinion. Russell played really well and, for me, Noble was class playing just behind Jevons. The challenge for Gary Johnson is to achieve that kind of performance in the league. The one thing we did brilliantly was keep possession for decent periods of time - with Johnson being at the hub of that. If we could reproduce that against third division opposition then the last 15 games of the league season could yet bring us what we all want. As people have said, the childish points scoring and bickering between fans who feel they are superior must stop and, in the face of a blatant attempt by the Evening Post to undermine our club, we must all pull together until May and then we can shout off about the season.

Neo, you cannot argue/debate a backpacker with worldly experience who has all the answers. Its always a no brainer. Like Ron in his first year on the forum.

Simply put, use the ignore facility until they actually do grow up. Time is inevitably on your side.

Come on?!?

He was class. Was watching the game in a pub full of Boro fans and they were singing his praises for the whole game.... It just confirms again that I am right in saying he could play at a higher level

Tonight I am so proud to be a City supporter, I recognised some of my friends in the crowd and was so envious that I wasn't there.

Keogh was outstanding!

You could tell GJ was gutted at the end. We really could have won it.

The city fans were outstanding, they sent a shiver down my spine at the end.

I just really can't explain how elated I am.

Having said that I am gutted that we went so close with no reward.

Bring on the sags!

You started this thread so I thought I would reply to it.

Lee Johnson hogs every free kick situation he can, but when it came to penalties he bottled it, just like he bottles tackles. Iam not a Lee Johnson hater just telling it as it is. Long after his performance last night is forgotten (which was no better than anyone elses) he will always be remembered as a shirker, preferring to let reserve team players with guts go in front of him. If he had any bottle he would have been fighting to get the ball to take a penalty before Keogh and Woodman.

I remember Southgate taking a penalty for England, he missed, but I have more respect for his courage in taking it and missing, than if he had not bothered at all.

Just like you I am proud as punch this morning, but lets keep this in perspective. I was more disapointed in Noble going off than I would have been if Johnson went off.

Jevons was kept on for penalties, poor bloke was knackered but still took it.

You earn respect, there's no given right to it, that goes for all even the Managers son.

Just look how Keogh is fast becoming a fans favourite, he's doing that the hard way, not by being the first name on the teamsheet every game and what's Noble got to do to get a game?

These are the things that p*** off long standing supporters like me, but we still turn up and support the WHOLE team, whoever is playing.

My thoughts exactly.

Johnson was good put made two errors that cost us 2 goals. say what you want thats fact.

First one he has run back in the 6 yard box and played EVERYONE onside. Second goal he's made that lame attempt at snatching away the ball justoutside his own box when he should of shielded the player and the ball.

He's not crap he's just not god either.

Goodbye

Why would we be any quieter today? He did nothing of note last nite, didnt stand out in anyway shape or form and a very ordinary game.

Selective vision again from the rugby contigent. The pass to split the defence for the opening goal was his for a start. Apart from that what I thought he did well was curb his desire to play the hollywood pass every time. He, along with the others kept it simple and progressed the ball upfield through neat triangles etc. But yes he was culpable in at least one of their goals as well.

Selective vision again from the rugby contigent. The pass to split the defence for the opening goal was his for a start. Apart from that what I thought he did well was curb his desire to play the hollywood pass every time. He, along with the others kept it simple and progressed the ball upfield through neat triangles etc. But yes he was culpable in at least one of their goals as well.

Ummm Aggy played the through ball to Noble

Why would we be any quieter today? He did nothing of note last nite, didnt stand out in anyway shape or form and a very ordinary game.

So how come professional pundits in the National press make special mention of him and/or give him higher scores than most of the other players?

Don't you realise that giving him no credit at all after last night just exposes your blinkered view for what it is and makes it look like you have an agenda?

What on earth will convince you to change your mind about him? What in particular makes him such a target for criticism amongst any of the other players? Sure, he's played the odd stinker, but doesn't everyone else?

This is a genuine question as I really don't understand this: Why are you so proud to find fault in a player who plays for your football club?

Collis, like ive said a few times before mate, your a QUALITY poster, but after such a team effort tonight, perhaps not time to have a dig about forum members comments.

Leave it mucker.....many more chances for that in the future......Arn

I know where you're coming from.

But the trouble is Arn is that when City have a bad game, it's somehow fair game for the "GJ" / "LJ" / "name a player" bashers to come on here and spout utter vitriol, using the last 90 minutes as evidence. Even when said player was just one of the bad players that match.

I notice you've been doing that with jibes at GJ recently and when the MS stuff was going on.

But you're saying that when said managers/players do well, those who have belief in the squad as a whole aren't allowed to use that counter evidence back because it's just 'petty squabbling' or 'not the time'? That's hypocritical and mightily convenient.

Those who feel vindicated by the performance have every right to counter argue with those who have been slagging the players/manager off at that point.

It's not pretty, it's not virtuous and I don't welcome such confrontation amongst supporters, but the reality is that there are some posters who go way beyond balanced criticism and single out players as part of a vendetta.

Why should those who criticise live by a different set of rules than those who support said players/managers?

Guest east_dundry_red
This is a genuine question as I really don't understand this: Why are you so proud to find fault in a player who plays for your football club?

I'm not its a simple fact that people are blinded by LJ odd good game, 1 in 4 at best, in sick of players who are inconsistant, johnson hasnt had great game since boro at hom,e, he was ordinary last night, shocking against scunny and hudds and same agaist cheltenham, simply it needs to be sorted out.

I'm not its a simple fact that people are blinded by LJ odd good game, 1 in 4 at best, in sick of players who are inconsistant, johnson hasnt had great game since boro at hom,e, he was ordinary last night, shocking against scunny and hudds and same agaist cheltenham, simply it needs to be sorted out.

Nobody has had a great game since Boro at home! Why the special treatment for Johnson?

How does not give him credit make it look like i have an 'agenda'?

Because professional commentators and a significant number of normal fans see the qualities he has.

Obviously it's all opinion, but when so many professional observers and other normal fans see something, it has to have credibility.

If you can't see that then either you're blind (you don't seem that to me) or you're letting an agenda colour your view. How else can you explain that so many others saw something different?

How does not give him credit make it look like i have an 'agenda'?

Because you litter your posts with childish inane comments like gobshite, minime and daddy's boy instead of making a coherent argument about the player's contribution.

Looking purely at what LJ does in the team I think you're talking out of your arse but then I can't even take your posts seriously when you can't help but resort to the playground stuff.

Lee Johnson was as good as anyone else in our side last night, No better, No worse - They were all fantastic and we played some quality stuff.

In the previous 3 games he has been no worse than the next man but he is an easy target for the moaners. The stats speak for themselves with his number of assists this season which is probably to be expected as he is the main set piece taker, However - This is one of his qualities and one of the reasons why he is in the team.

LJ and GJ both knew that when things were'nt going right that he would be the scapegoat because it happened at Yeovil but I'm sure he is strong enough to deal with it and I hope he continues to do so.

These people will never change their mind so their is no point in trying persuade them and they are entitled to their opinion, All we can hope is that despite this, The majority still support him for 90 minutes when he pulls on the red shirt.

My opinion is that he is a good player, Deserving of his place in the team. When we lose it is because the team played poorly - Not because LJ or any other player is crap and shouldnt be in the team. We went 18 games unbeaten for crying out loud! They are clearly ALL good enough to take us up if they play to their potential.

In my eyes we are now 2 games unbeaten, In the long run this is probably a blessing in disguise, Bring on Blackpool.

Guest east_dundry_red
EDR is the reason City fans have a bad name :redcard:

Yes that right its all my fault, blame it all on me, i am the SOLE reason city fans have a bad name.

I'm supprised i get all of this on the forum but none of you have the b***ocks to say it to me personally at ashton gate, many of you know who i am and you all keep quiet.

clever comeback east dundry red, using both sarcasm and the old "you dare say that to my face?" response. You could also have used:

- "I know you are, but what am i?"

- "yeah well, you're all gay"

- "takes one to know one"

or you could exactly repeat everything that disagrees with you back to the poster in a funny voice, continuing until they get really annoyed (though I guess this wouldn't really work on a forum...I wish it could).

Archived