IGNORED

Stop this "Come on you reds" nonsense from the tanoy

Barrs Court Red

It's embarrassing.

Can anyone honestly say that they think it's a good thing?

It doesn't create an atmosphere, and just makes us look like mugs.

Stop it please

Gets my vote.

I`d rather it didn`t happen than get the half hearted response it got.

To be honest all the pre-match build up last night was a bit embarrasing.

I enjoyed the how to spell bit.

well my niece and i thought the entertainment was soooooooo crap it was good,that mighty balloon release..:laugh: about 100 balloons looking like giant condoms ,and that mexican wave..say no more.respect to you lot for putting up with that.

Agreed.

When will the club realise that the pre-match build up is terrible? That bloke on the tannoy really does need to shut up and let the fans get on with it! It just sounds really naff. The Rovers fan above is right, the balloons were rubbish.

What really annoys me, is when the fans start cheering and singing, the guy come on the tannoy and makes everyone shut up!

:dunno:

Guest ashtonyate
well my niece and i thought the entertainment was soooooooo crap it was good,that mighty balloon release..:laugh: about 100 balloons looking like giant condoms ,and that mexican wave..say no more.respect to you lot for putting up with that.

Yes it is sad to try get a reaction from the crowd. Its ease get one just get a team who can play, half the time City's game is poor no vision or pace and we are still third in the league shows what a crap league it is.

It's embarrassing.

Can anyone honestly say that they think it's a good thing?

It doesn't create an atmosphere, and just makes us look like mugs.

Stop it please

to be honest, nothing creates an atmosphere at the gate any more. if you cant get a decent atmosphere at a derby, regardless of what cup/league its in, then were never going to get one

to be honest, nothing creates an atmosphere at the gate any more. if you cant get a decent atmosphere at a derby, regardless of what cup/league its in, then were never going to get one

:(:(

Why is the atmosphere so crap? What can any of us to improve it? I dunno.

Yes it is sad to try get a reaction from the crowd. Its ease get one just get a team who can play, half the time City's game is poor no vision or pace and we are still third in the league shows what a crap league it is.

listen what ever happens to you lot this season i hope and i really mean this that you come down to earth a bit,respect to you as i note you have supported the reds from 1950,loadsa good times and bad..when you were in the basement league your true fans seen you through,now is the time to be and i know its going to be hard..patient,weve been 6 yrs in that league but its taught us to be more realistic in more ways than one..keep the faith in your team mate it will happen eventually,oh for the game of football eh?..take care and respect to you.

Can i just say, last night infront of our rival team from accross the river, i was embarrased,

not because of the final score but, because of the non stop annoying warm up music(motd) and other various dire songs, and the awful shouting made by mark wetherall.

it's got to the point where i wont turn up till 3 oclock on the dot just so i don't have to put up with his terrible crowd warm up.

anyone else find it slightly annoying?

Ipswich & Norwich used to have something similar. As the team started walking down the tunnel the PA announcer would yell out, "Now here they come the lads in blue / yellow (delete as applicable) YOUR TEAM IPSWICH TOWN / MORWICH CITY (delete as applicable).

strangely enough it sounded like the same announcer at both grounds. One day however Ipswich were losing 2-0 at home and playing really badly so the announcer called out over the tannoy, "Come on you fans in the Churchman's stand, get behind your team, COME ON YOU BLUES".

He met with such a reaction of <foul & abusive language> the idea stopped that day.

Guest mesa boogie
It was extremely embarrassing and had me wishing for a power cut.

There was an atmosphere building up before the game and the inane american cheerleading killed it off.

It's disgraceful.

Even though Nick Day is a tubby goon he does a relatively good job (bar the Nick Day Megamix). Your PA is on speed.

Ipswich & Norwich used to have something similar. As the team started walking down the tunnel the PA announcer would yell out, "Now here they come the lads in blue / yellow (delete as applicable) YOUR TEAM IPSWICH TOWN / MORWICH CITY (delete as applicable).

strangely enough it sounded like the same announcer at both grounds. One day however Ipswich were losing 2-0 at home and playing really badly so the announcer called out over the tannoy, "Come on you fans in the Churchman's stand, get behind your team, COME ON YOU BLUES".

He met with such a reaction of <foul & abusive language> the idea stopped that day.

i suppose an announcer telling you to get behind your team is patronising as the majority will express their support when they decide to themselves. just being told to sing is not necessarily going generate volume.......

that ipswich example is classic! :rofl2br:

Can i just say, last night infront of our rival team from accross the river, i was embarrased,

not because of the final score but, because of the non stop annoying warm up music(motd) and other various dire songs, and the awful shouting made by mark wetherall.

it's got to the point where i wont turn up till 3 oclock on the dot just so i don't have to put up with his terrible crowd warm up.

anyone else find it slightly annoying?

What do you suggest as a constructive alternative?

A Wicker Man type sacrifice perhaps, with druids clad in bed sheets herding poultry onto the burning monolith?

Perhaps Mark Wederell could could sip from a glass goblet overflowing with blood, before smashing it into a roaring hearth, strategically placed on the halfway line, whilst invoking the spirit of the great god At Yeo.

The bloke is only trying to instill some passion into what is usually a tad timid atmosphere at Ashton Gate. I'm sorry if this annoys your delicate ears Mr Sobersides.

What do you suggest as a constructive alternative?

I can, he could STFU. It would be welcomed by most. Take a look at the poll if you need some proof.

The bloke is only trying to instill some passion into what is usually a tad timid atmosphere at Ashton Gate.

And doing the EXACT opposite. It killed off any atmosphere last night just like it does every other game. We don't want to be spoon fed atmosphere from a microphone, it's fake plastic crap and it should be stopped.

I'm sorry if this annoys your delicate ears Mr Sobersides.

Ah, a well argued case. I love it when people get all intellectual.

I can, he could STFU. It would be welcomed by most. Take a look at the poll if you need some proof.

And doing the EXACT opposite. It killed off any atmosphere last night just like it does every other game. We don't want to be spoon fed atmosphere from a microphone, it's fake plastic crap and it should be stopped.

Ah, a well argued case. I love it when people get all intellectual.

You haven't come up with one constructive alternative Mr Nibor, and you complain about the quality of argument.

You haven't come up with one constructive alternative Mr Nibor, and you complain about the quality of argument.

I have, you just don't like it.

The alternative is for him to SHUT UP.

We don't need it and we don't need anything in place of it.

You haven't added anything to the argument other than petty insults, what exactly is your point? You haven't even expressed a view.

I have, you just don't like it.

The alternative is for him to SHUT UP.

We don't need it and we don't need anything in place of it.

You haven't added anything to the argument other than petty insults, what exactly is your point? You haven't even expressed a view.

I was defending Mark Wederell, because I happen to think he does a good job, which may go against the grain of opinion on this forum, but so be it. You on the other hand just want to slag Mark off and offer vitriolic insults.

Archived