IGNORED

Formation Today?

Jamie

Okay so are suppost to be the home team because by going 3-5-2 that is hardly attacking! No Enoch in thw whole 16 yet we have Andy Smith in the starting 11! Please I hope I am wrong and Smith scores and we win other wise I will start to be getting worried about Johnson!

Okay so are suppost to be the home team because by going 3-5-2 that is hardly attacking! No Enoch in thw whole 16 yet we have Andy Smith in the starting 11! Please I hope I am wrong and Smith scores and we win other wise I will start to be getting worried about Johnson!

I would say only playing 3 defenders is more attacking than having 4 defenders. Enoch's probably still injured, he didn't look very fit on Tuesday.

We play better when we have some width. Also, when we play with a central midfiled pairing of Johnson/Russell?Noble we get overrun far too easily.

Playing with a 5 man midfield forces men out wide and also means we are stronger through the middle. The main thing is to make sure we use the 5 man midifield to push forward and force the opposition back, as it is too easy for a 5 man midfield to sit and soak up the oposition pressure. i.e, Blackburn at Arsenal in the FA Cup.

As for Smith playing up front with Brooker. GJ looked at him when at Yeovil, so must see potential. It's a huge vote of confidence for the lad, so lets hope Smith repays it with a perfromance and/or goals as I am sure the AG crowd will be on his back all too quickly if hesn't got a hat trick by halftime!

Fingers crossed, GJ does not regard his selection as a gamble, but at this stage of the season we really need gambles to pay off.

We play better when we have some width. Also, when we play with a central midfiled pairing of Johnson/Russell?Noble we get overrun far too easily.

Playing with a 5 man midfield forces men out wide and also means we are stronger through the middle. The main thing is to make sure we use the 5 man midifield to push forward and force the opposition back, as it is too easy for a 5 man midfield to sit and soak up the oposition pressure. i.e, Blackburn at Arsenal in the FA Cup.

As for Smith playing up front with Brooker. GJ looked at him when at Yeovil, so must see potential. It's a huge vote of confidence for the lad, so lets hope Smith repays it with a perfromance and/or goals as I am sure the AG crowd will be on his back all too quickly if hesn't got a hat trick by halftime!

Fingers crossed, GJ does not regard his selection as a gamble, but at this stage of the season we really need gambles to pay off.

I thought Smith looked quite promising on Tuesday. It's perhaps a bit worrying that our 2 strikers have only scored 3 goals between them this season, but it seems we're playing ok at the moment.

On paper our midfield looks strong, and Betsy's just scored!

I thought Smith looked quite promising on Tuesday. It's perhaps a bit worrying that our 2 strikers have only scored 3 goals between them this season, but it seems we're playing ok at the moment.

On paper our midfield looks strong, and Betsy's just scored!

Smith did look the best of a bad bunch Tuesday, I agree. Worth his chance.

Yeovil 1-0 down. At the moment we would be 3rd.

EDIT: Yeovil now 2-0 down at Port Vale.

City went 4-4-2 after Fontaine came of for Johnson after about 70mins.To be honest City looked more likely to concede after the formation was changed.

Agree, I don't see why he took Brooker and Smith off for the last 20mins! Because everytime we cleared the ball it came straight back because Jevons and Andrews aren't great in the air!

I was impressed with Smith - A lot of effort, good in the air considering hes not that tall! puts himself about aswell!!

I was impressed with Smith - A lot of effort, good in the air considering hes not that tall! puts himself about as well!!

Hmm....Agree about lots of effort but not sure about the quality.Maybe he's just ring rusty after being out for so long.

Smith showed what better movement up front can acheive.

He pulled the defence left and right which allowed the other players to use the spaces created.

By contrast Jevons looked like he'd never played football before, sluggish, inactive and his first touch was awful.

Smith may not score many (any?) but his enthusiasm and movement were fantastic.

Smith - may not have scoring ability..

But in terms of winning headers, holding up play, chasing every lost cause and harrasing the opposition he has more about him than Jevons and Andrews combined.

Well played son!

Also, 3-5-2 is much different from 5-3-2..

Today we could attack well with flair whilst with Rovers we couldnt attack.

I think we're trying this 352 formation mainly to accomodate Keogh and Noble, who just cant be dropped at the moment

But when you look at the squad we have, it makes a lot of sense. McAllister would make an ideal wing-back and Wilson and Betsy both did a good job today. We also have a number of really good centre halves and central midfielders, so why not use them ? And until we buy a genuine left-winger, we're better off using the players we DO have.

3-5-2 is the formation that was used in our last 2 league games at Brighton and Blackpool and now including today it has brought us 9 points from 3 games.

it actually suits the teams better and makes a better use of the players we currently have at the club,

Archived