IGNORED

Noble - best player on the pitch

Robbored

Anyone esle think that Noble was excellant today? I thought he bossed midfield and always looked in control.His quick feet created lots of space and he made the most of it.Some of his passing today was sublime.He was City's best player at the rugby ground on Tuesday night as well.

On todays form you could almost compare him to Tinnion as his best.All thats missing is his long passing ability.

Although Betsy and Keogh both had a good games I thought Noble was far more impressive.

Maybe the period that he was out of the team has inspired him to his best form - and if that is so you have to say well done to Johnson.

Anyone esle think that Noble was excellant today? I thought he bossed midfield and always looked in control.His quick feet created lots of space and he made the most of it.Some of his passing today was sublime.He was City's best player at the rugby ground on Tuesday night as well.

On todays form you could almost compare him to Tinnion as his best.All thats missing is his long passing ability.

Although Betsy and Keogh both had a good games I thought Noble was far more impressive.

Maybe the period that he was out of the team has inspired him to his best form - and if that is so you have to say well done to Johnson.

agree.

Noble had a great game, sometimes you wonder if the other players are on his wavelength though.

(one incident saw him pointing to the gap where he wanted to play it into and Skuse just stood gawping at him!)

I thought he was distributing the ball very well and it kind of made Johnson Jr redundant. I thought he should have brought on Fontaine and pushed Keogh in MF but by going 442 we lost shape and pattern and made life difficult.

Mind you Noble should have just slotted that attempt rather than square it to Wilson.

anyhow 3 points, well done lads.

(tell yer Mum not to phone you when yer at footie!)

She was asking if she could flog her Take That ticket on ebay for 3 grand (which is what some of them are going for)

I threatened her with a really nasty old peoples home and she changed her mind.

Noble was quality definately, looked assured on the ball, the player that Lee Johnson would be if he didn't try his hollywood passes (which he didn't today!!!) and if he was a bit more muscular. Unfortunate with the offside goal, which was definately offside unfortunately, looked a class playmaker this afternoon.

Guest ashtonyate

I thought the first half City were well on top with good inter play but for all our possession we cant finish team's off and in the end I could not wait for the final whistle.I thought Smith play and tried hard, could be a few of us may have to apologizes to Johnson about him I like to see him with a few games under his belt

I agree he was good, but, in the last 15 minutes when we were coming under a bit of pressure and giving away possession cheaply, i was looking for mr ball retention, to do a bit of ball retention. In his defence, the change of shape didn't really help him.

100% agree NOBLE was by far the best player on the park today.quality he looks so at ease with the ball.

Thought Wilson had a great game today best in a city shirt.

Long may it continue.

Smith had a good game lots of running causing all sorts of problems.

I agree he was good, but, in the last 15 minutes when we were coming under a bit of pressure and giving away possession cheaply, i was looking for mr ball retention, to do a bit of ball retention. In his defence, the change of shape didn't really help him.

I thought the change of shape didn't help anyone, but wondered if it was more to do with Johnson being replaced. I think Johnson and Noble work well together as they both create space and time for each other. It does make us quite lightweight though. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, if you combined them I think you'd have a fantastic midfielder who would be playing at a higher level. I think the formation with the two of them and skuse works well because skuse is good at moping up but doesn't offer much going forward, though I think this part of his game is greatly improved this season.

Good shout Robbored, Noble ran the show today. Virtually all of my post match drinking club thought he was easily the best player on the pitch.

Quick feet, quick thinking, strong forward runs, creative passing, he fully deserves his current run.

Can't agree it was good that Johnson left him out for so long though, most of us thought he should have been on the bench at least.

Noble was our best center midfielder at the end of last season, and this forum was constantly praising the trio of Noble, Russell and Skuse. Then we had the highly rated Artus ready to be initiated.

Suddenly this well performed equation was tinkered with, we had an LJ in the mix, and IMO a year early. No doubt GJ has Russell headed out of town when his contract finishes at seasons end, 34 next birthday......not in GJ's team.

Noble could head up an impressive midfield foursome next season, Noble, LJ, Skuse and Artus who will be 19 in September and overdue to make his mark in the squad.

GJ does not get everything right, nor do the fans, nor do the players......." aint nothin queerer than folks "

Heard that in NY at a semina, referring to people from Iowa,[ Idiots Out Wandering Around }, bit of joy to share with you .

Noble was outstanding today and was the architect of all the good things we did. He has deserved his place in all games he's played since his comeback.

I did think he tired a little towards the end - it would've been fitting for Johnson to sub him and allow him the solitary ovation he deserved.

However, I don't think Johnson should get the credit for that. Johnson obviously left him out because he thought he had other players who were better. I think it is significant that he took off his son (an extremely rare occurence!) because he was being outshone by Noble.

Betsy and Smith came a joint 2nd in my view.

Archived