IGNORED

Striker identified

jellyred

Long shots I know but none of the following players can hold down regular place in their squads Kev Phillips. John Hartson or Teddy Sherringham!

Teddy - far to busy in Peppermint Rhino's to be interesting playing football.....can't blame him!

Kevin Phillips - same bloke who scored last week against Palace?

Hartson - seriously!

Instead of Smith, I'd be absolutely delighted.

actually...........just had another look and when Defoe went to B'muff he was at West Ham who were in the Championship at that point.

so if we were to sign an unproven forward who has never scored or barely played at championship level, but comes from a top championship club, you would be happy!

thinking of the last few we have had......Fagan, Nick Wright, Barry Corr, Andy Smith, Leon Best, Beckford, who players have done nothing before joining clubs on loan, some you get lucky with, some you don't

Hartson - Swansea have been trying since Xmas and yes it was down to wages, his present employers were keen if they could offload his wages. However, I am not suggesting him for one moment just saying Swansea have been trying.

My point exactly

actually...........just had another look and when Defoe went to B'muff he was at West Ham who were in the Championship at that point.

so if we were to sign an unproven forward who has never scored or barely played at championship level, but comes from a top championship club, you would be happy!

thinking of the last few we have had......Fagan, Nick Wright, Barry Corr, Andy Smith, Leon Best, Beckford, who players have done nothing before joining clubs on loan, some you get lucky with, some you don't

Very true, it can be a lottery but better than nothing. Remember how short we were on Saturday, one striker on the bench (no I don't believe JMW is a striker) and he could play 5-10 minutes max. Now then a young forward who has done the business at academyand reserve level at FA Prem level (not the poorish standar we play) would have been a better option surely. I don't mean Corr or Smithor Wright.

If that's all we can get, but it's better than having 3 or 4 injured / semi injued and not 100% striekrs surely?

Very true, it can be a lottery but better than nothing. Remember how short we were on Saturday, one striker on the bench (no I don't believe JMW is a striker) and he could play 5-10 minutes max. Now then a young forward who has done the business at academyand reserve level at FA Prem level (not the poorish standar we play) would have been a better option surely. I don't mean Corr or Smithor Wright.

If that's all we can get, but it's better than having 3 or 4 injured / semi injued and not 100% striekrs surely?

I keep hearing how easy it must be but I'm yet to see someone suggest a viable option, Not a dig at you mate but people think this scouting lark is easy. I'm yet to see a sensible suggestion !!

I keep hearing how easy it must be but I'm yet to see someone suggest a viable option, Not a dig at you mate but people think this scouting lark is easy. I'm yet to see a sensible suggestion !!

Quite true, because most of the options have already gone elsewhere............

But you have to keep searching and asking, surely our much improved (GJ's own recent words) scouting system have come up with more than a player PNE beat Yeovil to a couple or more seasons back?

yes, when he was an 18 year old who had never played a league game,

you can guess the reaction if we brought in tomorrow an 18year old, 5ft centre forward from west ham who had never played a game!

We already did it: Andy Cole from the gooners actually, and he did the business very well thank you.

We already did it: Andy Cole from the gooners actually, and he did the business very well thank you.

Aaah, happy days Bucks, Cole, Rosenior and the chief up front. What would you give for an enthusiastic young striker with fire in his belly, from the first game you could see Cole was streets ahead of his team mates. Shame about Mr Leslie Kew forgetting about that sell on clause. :badmood:

yes, however that was a premier league club down to a championship club at the time, only dropping one down one league, we are league one now and is therefore a 2 league drop

Very true, it can be a lottery but better than nothing. Remember how short we were on Saturday, one striker on the bench (no I don't believe JMW is a striker) and he could play 5-10 minutes max. Now then a young forward who has done the business at academy and reserve level at FA Prem level (not the poorish standar we play) would have been a better option surely. I don't mean Corr or Smith or Wright.

someone like Steve Gillespie or Craig Fagan then???? oh great! league one football next season it is then!

someone like Steve Gillespie or Craig Fagan then???? oh great! league one football next season it is then!

Why not 1 of the young strikers from Man United? They mostly drop down to League 2 to get experience. Surely they would relish the chance to play in a promotion chasing team in League 1 for experience?

David Healy? Ordinarily you would think don't be so stupid, but he is a sub for leeds and one of the best finishers outside of the prem, and we could be changing places with them in the next few months, AND no one else is coming in for him. He would be awesome.

Si.

Why not 1 of the young strikers from Man United? They mostly drop down to League 2 to get experience. Surely they would relish the chance to play in a promotion chasing team in League 1 for experience?

ummmm? but most of their up and coming players at the moment are on loan either abroad or in the championship, they have feeder clubs like Antwerp as well where they can get top level games, whatever is left though......would they actually be good enough?

at the moment, Man u have a striker problem of their own and are also unlikely to let anyone decent leave, while they are still in the hunt of the treble

maybe they would....however would they actually be good enough?

at the moment, Man u have a striker problem of their own and are also unlikely to let anyone decent leave, while they are still in the hunt of the treble

True but I'm on about someone who is doing well for the reserves, but not going to play at all this season. Would give him 1st team experience and confidence, plus give us the experience of a higher standard. Plus, if he does well then who knows?

David Healy? Ordinarily you would think don't be so stupid, but he is a sub for leeds and one of the best finishers outside of the prem, and we could be changing places with them in the next few months, AND no one else is coming in for him. He would be awesome.

Si.

came on and scored at the weekend though?........as said elsewhere before, Leeds are fighting against relegation and are unlikely to be letting any more players leave especially........one of the best finishers outside the prem

came on and scored at the weekend though?........as said elsewhere before, Leeds are fighting against relegation and are unlikely to be letting any more players leave especially........one of the best finishers outside the prem

Yep, but he is too good to be on the bench with the mess they are in, something isnt quite right with that, which means they probably don't see him as the man to keep them up otherwise he would be starting every game.

ummmm? but most of their up and coming players at the moment are on loan either abroad or in the championship, they have feeder clubs like Antwerp as well where they can get top level games, whatever is left though......would they actually be good enough?

Just looking through the united reserve squad. what about Chris Eagles? Ok, not really a striker, more of a winger but he's a hell of a prospect at united apparantly.

Archived