IGNORED

Striker identified

jellyred

Apparently GJ has found a striker that should help to solve our apparent striker crisis.

They are currently playing in Serie B in Italy and the move to ourselves is not seen as a step down.

The player in question is a Mr D Trezeguet who has some experience at a higher level and has said after being told of the interest of Bristol City 'I'd love to play for the best team in the west country it certainly could never be considered a step down, they are a massive club'

There are also rumours that Steve Lansdown is looking to bring in Theo Walcott to Ashton Gate with a view to a perm move as he doesn't get much first team play at the Emirates Stadium.

Apparently GJ has found a striker that should help to solve our apparent striker crisis.

They are currently playing in Serie B in Italy and the move to ourselves is not seen as a step down.

The player in question is a Mr D Trezeguet who has some experience at a higher level and has said after being told of the interest of Bristol City 'I'd love to play for the best team in the west country it certainly could never be considered a step down, they are a massive club'

There are also rumours that Steve Lansdown is looking to bring in Theo Walcott to Ashton Gate with a view to a perm move as he doesn't get much first team play at the Emirates Stadium.

Have you got a job?

The point is all these ridiculous posts from people saying that we should go for such and such a player. THERE IS NO CHANCE A PLAYER WITH THE KIND OF EXPERIENCE THAT IS BEING MENTIONED IN OTHER THREADS WOULD COME TO OUR CLUB.

This is simply point out some of those keerrrazy posts.

Yes we might need a striker but its finding one with the required ability and who would also join.

The point is all these ridiculous posts from people saying that we should go for such and such a player. THERE IS NO CHANCE A PLAYER WITH THE KIND OF EXPERIENCE THAT IS BEING MENTIONED IN OTHER THREADS WOULD COME TO OUR CLUB.

This is simply point out some of those keerrrazy posts.

Yes we might need a striker but its finding one with the required ability and who would also join.

Oh I get it, you were ridiculing myself and a fair few others for having some ambition and actually thinking that BCFC were something when actually we are all idiots and the club is worthless shite akin to the Gas.

Ok fair enough.

Why does attempting to get out of favour Premiership strikers on loan look plain stupid?

because I'm not sure who would laugh loudest at the idea, Johnson or Moyes, then it would be down to Beattie to agree!

plus who will cough up his £40k a week?........even if he did agree.

plus...even if we did get Beattie, hardly a renowed goal scorer..........what about Henry? why don't we just got for Samual Etoo? out of favour at Barca and he's been to Ashton Gate before? surely he would fancy coming back?

:fastasleep::mf_sleep::punish:

Why does attempting to get out of favour Premiership strikers on loan look plain stupid?

If you're talking about Beattie then I'd be interested to know how you came to the conclusion that he's 'out of favour'? He's started 2 or 3 of their last 5 games. I'm sure Moyes would be more than willing to send him to a League One side on loan.

Stupid and idiotic I'd say.

And you have to remember Everton only have 4 strikers - 2 of which are inexperienced 18yr olds - they'll let Beattie come to us for sure!!

Out of form Premiership player, we wouldn't have a chance with, they'd go to the Championship. I.E. Stoke - Hendrie, Berger to name but a few.

They wouldn't go to league 1 - plain and simple!

If you're talking about Beattie then I'd be interested to know how you came to the conclusion that he's 'out of favour'? He's started 2 or 3 of their last 5 games. I'm sure Moyes would be more than willing to send him to a League One side on loan.

Stupid and idiotic I'd say.

I haven't mentioned Beattie once. It was a generalisation.

Why do people stoop to ridicule, what doesit achieve?

Ahhh diddums.

You've been ridiculing our strikers all day! Time for a lie down I reckon.

Johnson's steered us into 2nd place on merit, he's the expert. You and your merry little band aren't.

So the worst case scenario would be a NO?

So, who hasn't been told NO before? GJ will have been countless times.

Why do people stoop to ridicule, what doesit achieve?

if people bring up names such as Luke Moore and James Beattie, then understandably they can expect to be laughed at a bit!

Ahhh diddums.

You've been ridiculing our strikers all day! Time for a lie down I reckon.

Johnson's steered us into 2nd place on merit, he's the expert. You and your merry little band aren't.

Who is in my merry little band?

I haven't ridiculed our strikers other than to say Smith is not of the required quality, I have simply stated a fact, they aren't fit. How is that ridiculing them?

Why?

League 1 clubs have done better in the past you know.

eh???? I pressume your not talking about in recent times then, as I can't remember the last time a young and upcoming premiership striker or england striker left a club for a league 1 team?

When have a league one club signed an england international (under the age of 30) or even a current under 21 international from the prem?

You got me there, but I wouldn't class Beattie as an england international of under 30 as far as recent form is concerned, not that i have previously mentioned Beattie as a possible target.

However, League 1 clubs have pulled some crackers out on loan over the years as well you know it.

But it won't happen if you don't ask.

Jeeezzzz! don't give up your day job mate! If that was a joke, it wasn't even funny... in fact, it made me yawn.... :sunwon:

Why?

League 1 clubs have done better in the past you know.

Its not just a case of picking someone and saying lets get him in !

JB is a daft suggestion as has been pointed out he has played in a number of recent games or been on the bench, Everton are pushing hard for Europe and with a lack of out and out goal scorers in there side there not likely to be considering letting anyone go.

With the Premier league the season tends to go right to the wire, More champions league places and Uefa places mean that more clubs are trying to claim that last spot right up until the last game.

Teams near the bottom could be sucked into the relegation battle so are wary of letting any players go.

The championship is the only place your going to pick players up at this time of the year and then again its only the mid table lot.

I agree that we could do with a six yard box player but there not the sort of guys out of the team kicking there heels, so we have to go down the unproven route which is a gamble, You may loan 10 players who don't meet the required standard at this level before you find a Billy Sharpe, If it was easy every team would be doing it !

Archived