IGNORED

Striker identified

jellyred

Just looking through the united reserve squad. what about Chris Eagles? Ok, not really a striker, more of a winger but he's a hell of a prospect at united apparantly.

but we don't need a winger???

spent most of last season getting promoted from the championship with watford, so regardless of his position, it would be bit of a backward step, apparently though he's been on the bench for the last few utd games

but we don't need a winger???

spent most of last season getting promoted from the championship with watford, so regardless of his position, it would be bit of a backward step, apparently though he's been on the bench for the last few utd games

True. no a bad option though. There's also that Chinese kiddy, that Dong Fangzhuo. Hes not bad. Or from Arsenal, a kiddy called Jay Simpson. Very good in the reserves by the look of things. 6 goals in 8 starts

All these players would have gone on loan to Championship clubs if available. Its just not going to happen.

Dong Fangzhuo - Man Utd have spent 3yrs trying to get him to play in this country and have a striker shortage - yes he'll come to a league one club. :doh:

And why would we bring in a 18yr old arsenal youth player, when we have one of our own and someone Arsenal want to buy - Tristan Plummer???

All these players would have gone on loan to Championship clubs if available. Its just not going to happen.

Dong Fangzhuo - Man Utd have spent 3yrs trying to get him to play in this country and have a striker shortage - yes he'll come to a league one club. :doh:

And why would we bring in a 18yr old arsenal youth player, when we have one of our own and someone Arsenal want to buy - Tristan Plummer???

If Johnson wont have JMW in the squad, then there's no chance in hell on Plummer being even close to getting in the squad this season!

Why does attempting to get out of favour Premiership strikers on loan look plain stupid?

Jason Roberts is being released from Blackburn at the end of the season, could be an option as it would put him "in the window" so to speak.

Matt Jansen at Bolton? Same again. Both need games and a high profile club on the verge of promotion could be just what they need to kickstart their careers.

Plummerwas never going to arsenal!!! Arsenal are not interested in him at all!

Jason Roberts is being released from Blackburn at the end of the season, could be an option as it would put him "in the window" so to speak.

played at the weekend, how is he being released? he joined blackburn on a 4 year so unlikely he is being released.....sold maybe, but at the moment he is still playing for them so why would they let him leave.

Matt Jansen at Bolton? Same again. Both need games and a high profile club on the verge of promotion could be just what they need to kickstart their careers.

Matt Jansen - hasn't played first team football in nearly a year, will need weeks to get fit, possibly one for next season after a good pre-season, but not right now

QUOTE(ashtonsmate @ Mar 20 2007, 2:44 PM)

Matt Jansen - hasn't played first team football in nearly a year, will need weeks to get fit, possibly one for next season after a good pre-season, but not right now

Ok?????????????

How about Middlesborough's Malcolm Christie. Certainly doesn't seem to be in Southgate's plans. He has Yakubu and Viduka to contend with for a strikers spot and with Boro having nothing to play for, Southgate may opt to blood some of their academy products.

He hasn't had the best of times at Boro but I seem to remember him scoring shed loads for Derby.

How about Middlesborough's Malcolm Christie. Certainly doesn't seem to be in Southgate's plans. He has Yakubu and Viduka to contend with for a strikers spot and with Boro having nothing to play for, Southgate may opt to blood some of their academy products.

He hasn't had the best of times at Boro but I seem to remember him scoring shed loads for Derby.

you know I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that we signed him for a million. I was going to post it but feared ridicule! Probably a bit out of our league though :-(

Not a member Mark and wouldn't want to be, what does it say?

I'm a fan of Mandaric's three-year plan

I've only just come back from my foot injury but unfortunately I'm injured again. I hurt my ankle in training last week, I caught the ball a bit wrong and my foot went with it, so I'm not having the best of luck at the moment.

It seems that it never rains but it pours with these things. I was hoping training would go well and I was looking to be involved again, but I'll have to wait a little bit longer now. The stage I am at in my career I want to be out there playing, so it's a frustrating time.

I am taking it day by day; I don't want to put a scale on when I'll be back just yet. Hopefully I can start jogging and training again soon and I should return before long. As soon as I'm fit I want to do everything I can to get back onto the pitch

From the point of view of the team and the club, things are going really well. The lads are doing superb, which makes me even more eager to be a part of it.

Milan Mandaric's takeover has gone through but in terms of us players it doesn't really affect anything. It has given the fans a buzz though, which is nice.

We are on a five-match unbeaten run at the moment which may look like it's coincided with the takeover, but I think it's a coincidence. I think our good form is more down to the choice of our on-loan players, they have been key to us doing so well.

I've only met our new chairman the once. He had a chat with us where he outlined his thoughts and ambitions for the club, telling us why he took over. But we haven't had a personal chat yet.

It was quite nice to hear that he has got a three-year plan for the club, he wants us back in the Premiership within three years, and it's a good goal to have. He obviously wants to push us in the direction of the Premiership. It's nice to know and it must be great for the supporters who have been here through thick and thin to know that he wants to take this club back to the top-flight. You want someone to come in with ambition and he's certainly got that.

He took Portsmouth back to the Premiership which is a real inspiration to us, with that kind of optimism everyone gets a boost and we can all pull towards the same goal. It's what we want, so hopefully he can match his words with his actions.

The play-offs are 15 points away at the moment, and there may be the smallest chance we can get there. In all honesty, we want to try and keep the momentum we are on and see what happens. We are a long, long way away from the play-offs, we know that. But as long as we keep this run going you never know. The teams in the top-six seem miles ahead, but you never know; there's always one to make it from the pack.

We have got Southend this weekend, and hopefully we will stay unbeaten at Roots Hall. I'd like to think I'll be back for this one, but I don't want to build up my hopes. So I'm not going to think about the game too much between now and then, but fingers crossed.

because I'm not sure who would laugh loudest at the idea, Johnson or Moyes, then it would be down to Beattie to agree!

plus who will cough up his £40k a week?........even if he did agree.

plus...even if we did get Beattie, hardly a renowed goal scorer..........what about Henry? why don't we just got for Samual Etoo? out of favour at Barca and he's been to Ashton Gate before? surely he would fancy coming back?

why not have a look @ bringing Andy Cole back he is sidelined @ Pompey and only on 20k a week

worth it 10 times over if it seals promotion :winner_third_h4h:

Archived