IGNORED

Crewe police and stewards - thought it was too good to last

NickJ

and giving nazi salutes in the kiosk area before the game what do you expect?

I was not there but were these Nazi salutes being given to the Royalist Gestapo Police jobsworths?.......

Rap for doctor who called police 'Nazis'

JIM DAVIS

A FAMILY doctor who told police to "catch some real criminals" after he was stopped for not wearing his seat-belt, was yanked out of a car by five officers, forced to lie face down on the road and had his hands cuffed behind his back.

Duncan Murray, 37, was infuriated when the police patrol car pulled him over in his Ford Fiesta while he carried out his house calls, and a "robust" exchange of views developed between the GP and the traffic officers.

After calling them "Nazis and Jobsworths", Dr Murray found himself confronted by five officers and he was promptly arrested and handcuffed on the street in Grangemouth. Dr Murray was charged with causing a breach of the peace, obstructing the police and resisting arrest, but was cleared of all three charges after a hearing at Falkirk Sheriff Court.

The married father-of-three pleaded guilty to failing to wear a seat-belt when he was stopped in February and was admonished by Sheriff John Newall.

Dr Murray told the court he had been a doctor for 14 years and a GP for the past seven. He admitted being obstructive to the officers.

"I told them they would be better employed catching some real criminals, of which there are plenty in this area," he said. "They became increasingly angry."

Source: http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=1084142002

• SC&T Board Members
Sorry mate, but if you want to chant at FOOTBALL, why not sing City songs? "No surrender to the IRA" is a political statement not a football song that gets behind Bristol City FC. And as for the 16 year old who was drunk, yes most of us have been there but we have had enough sense even in that state to avoid gobbing off at a Police Force who are notorious for the way they deal with football supporters. Whether you like it or agree with it, the lad had it coming to him in the circumstances.

As for S.B.City's comment, it has nothing to do with being boring. Many people can go to football, have a few jars, be a bit loud and a bit boistrous, get behind the lads all afternoon, have a great time and not even get close to having their collar felt by a copper. Some people, unfortunately, do not seem able to do this. Is it always the fault of the police? Do they always get it wrong? Or do we have a small element of support who are perhaps looking for a confrontation with the local plod by trying to see how far they can bend the rules?

Well said, Greebo.

It is clear from reading the various posts on here from those, including myself, who encountered this group that they were foul-mouthed and insulting to Doncaster fans, in particular women, on the way into ground, entered as a mob, took up a position as near to the opposing fans - albeit very few of them - as they could find, used foul and abusive language, sang inappropriate political songs, gave the Nazi salute, abused the police and stewards, threw coins indiscriminately within the City section, spat at people and were caught on TV attempting to vandalise the seats ...

I fail to see how any sane City fan can see any sense in defending this lot.

Those that want to be loud and boistrous - in support of City, not in order to antagonise the local police and stewards - should be dead against this sort of antagonistic behaviour, as it is precisely this that makes it difficult for the stewards to turn a blind eye to the sometimes overly boistrous but harmless antics of genuine fans.

Well said, Greebo.

It is clear from reading the various posts on here from those, including myself, who encountered this group that they were foul-mouthed and insulting to Doncaster fans, in particular women, on the way into ground, entered as a mob, took up a position as near to the opposing fans - albeit very few of them - as they could find, used foul and abusive language, sang inappropriate political songs, gave the Nazi salute, abused the police and stewards, threw coins indiscriminately within the City section, spat at people and were caught on TV attempting to vandalise the seats ...

I fail to see how any sane City fan can see any sense in defending this lot.

Those that want to be loud and boistrous - in support of City, not in order to antagonise the local police and stewards - should be dead against this sort of antagonistic behaviour, as it is precisely this that makes it difficult for the stewards to turn a blind eye to the sometimes overly boistrous but harmless antics of genuine fans.

if true i would tend to agree but chinese whispers going on here and 5+5 = 99

before the game and after the game from what i seen were city fans giving encouragement

to donny fans to go and beat the gas, the group of 30 were looking for a pub rather than a fight,

i think a bit of twisting the truth is going on and making out it was a out right riot.

Common sense also tells me that as a sixteen year old kid, if you are drunk then you should keep your head down as you have broken the law in the first place instead of singing songs like "No surrender to the IRA". Wouldn't you agree? Don't the vast majority of law abiding supporters have a right to enjoy football without listening to all that b011ock$?

Exactly. The vast majority of the city fans didnt get arrested or go causing trouble. We sung just as much and enjoyed the game also.

So that City 'fan' smashing up a seat on TV wasn't a troublemaker?

I know he was just frustrated at the crap attitude of the stewards and local police.Its all thier fault - after all what to they expect? They deserved the Nazi salutes.

still racist

Top angling boys, keep it up. well done. like it.

Ex squaddies who, presumably, are from the Bristol area and not from Ulster? I still don't get it.

Anyway, this "no surrender to the IRA" stuff is about twenty years out of date. Shouldn't these (alleged) squaddies be singing "no surrender to the Taliban" or " no surrender to Al Qaeda"?

As in my mate who is a Celtic fan (although not from Briz), got stabbed in the arm by a forkwit, also wearing a Celtic shirt, whilst keeping the peace in Ulster, which last time I looked is British. He now loathes people over there who are Republicans-hes Catholic by the way, and of Ulster extraction

Probably will do in twenty years hence, cos just like Ulster there will be some who stab the troops and their efforts in the back like.

And no I'm not a nazi/fascist/rightwinger/hoolie either.

NickJ can go on all he likes about injustices and heavy handedness of the Donny police but the bottom line is that once again some City 'fans' are shown to be nothing much than abunch of trouble makers.It was even shown on the Championship this morning - not exactly the kind of publicity any football club wants.

Having been at any number of away games over the years I've seen diabolical policing like at Walsall and Swindon and superb policing like at Brentford,Crewe and Torquay.It varies all across the country.You have to expect inconsistancy - its apart of the experience.

Well it's already been acknowledge that your contribution is deemed worthless.....

You say Tomayto I say Tomato.

If you don't think "no surrender to the IRA" isn't a far right wing song and is bound to draw police presence, then words fail me and we might as well agree to disagree.

Agree to disagree then... silly **** imo....

The authoreties, as well as The People do have questions that need facing up too....

You antagonising it now are on-a-par with the authoureties yesterday ..

I give up .... have as little time with the coppers yesterday as anyone else.....

NickJ can go on all he likes about injustices and heavy handedness of the Donny police but the bottom line is that once again some City 'fans' are shown to be nothing much than abunch of trouble makers.It was even shown on the Championship this morning - not exactly the kind of publicity any football club wants.

I base my comments on my observations, because I was there.

You base yours on what you want to believe, and 10 seconds of TV coverage that shows a few City lads shouting and pointing fingers at the police, because something had clearly upset them.

But I bet you weren't there.

You know jack sh.. about what did and didnt happen, yet you choose to make judgment.

Interesting.

You base yours on what you want to believe, and 10 seconds of TV coverage that shows a few City lads shouting and pointing fingers at the police, because something had clearly upset them.

You know jack sh.. about what did and didnt happen, yet you choose to make judgment.

Interesting.

Totally agree with you mate, thats the problem, people tend to put across their point of view without actually knowing the full facts

I spent the weekend with three mates in Doncaster, two of them are Brummies and are Birmingham City fans. They came to the game, and one of them is a Police Sargeant in the West Midlands Police Force, AND he polices all of the Birmingham home games. Before it even got a bit heated in the ground, he turned to me and said it was going to kick off in a bit as the way the police had congregated in the corner and you could just tell that, along with the stewards, they were singling people out.

Let me just make a point of saying that in no way do I feel these fans were totally innocent, but sometimes, all it takes is a Copper or a steward to say "Look mate, I know you want to enjoy yourself, but just take it down a notch and we can all have a good day here..."....9 times out of 10 this would work.

As i said, we spent the weekend up there, and stayed in a hotel next to the ground. Luckily the hotel had a 24 hour bar which was idea for a nightcap once we got home both nights, and the bar manager on the nights was a Donny season ticket holder. He warned us on the Friday night that the Stewards are renowned for inciting trouble. He said don't even think about standing as you will be out on your ear, he also warned us about a Scottish Steward who is by far the worst....and actually brags about winding up the away fans!

Totally agree with you mate, thats the problem, people tend to put across their point of view without actually knowing the full facts

I spent the weekend with three mates in Doncaster, two of them are Brummies and are Birmingham City fans. They came to the game, and one of them is a Police Sargeant in the West Midlands Police Force, AND he polices all of the Birmingham home games. Before it even got a bit heated in the ground, he turned to me and said it was going to kick off in a bit as the way the police had congregated in the corner and you could just tell that, along with the stewards, they were singling people out.

Let me just make a point of saying that in no way do I feel these fans were totally innocent, but sometimes, all it takes is a Copper or a steward to say "Look mate, I know you want to enjoy yourself, but just take it down a notch and we can all have a good day here..."....9 times out of 10 this would work.

As i said, we spent the weekend up there, and stayed in a hotel next to the ground. Luckily the hotel had a 24 hour bar which was idea for a nightcap once we got home both nights, and the bar manager on the nights was a Donny season ticket holder. He warned us on the Friday night that the Stewards are renowned for inciting trouble. He said don't even think about standing as you will be out on your ear, he also warned us about a Scottish Steward who is by far the worst....and actually brags about winding up the away fans!

Backs up what the copper said to me about putting in a police report about excessive force and lack of dioplomacy

the stewards exploited opportunity knowing full well they would get their desired reaction,

you don't go poking a dog with a bone without it getting annoyed.

all it takes is a Copper or a steward to say "Look mate, I know you want to enjoy yourself, but just take it down a notch and we can all have a good day here..."....9 times out of 10 this would work.

100% spot on.

Hey Ciderhead, I saw these pointless little pseudothugs prior to the game and their behaviour was not the 'all in good fun harmless banter' stuff some people are suggesting on here. Now quite frankly I couldn't care less and if a couple of them got spanked by the police then I couldn't be happier. However with your East End campaign in mind which I do support and did sign, just a little worried that as one of the leading activists, you appear to be defending the way these morons are behaving. Fact is these are the same idiots that'll be climbing up the fence at the first opportunity if it's opened and at the very least I'd feel a bit happier if you were condemning the little ####pots rather than offering albeit qualified support.

This isn't a personal criticism as such, would just prefer that as a leading advocate for opening the East End you didn't appear to be quite so obviously supporting the kind of supporters that ensure it's staying closed.

Interesting.

In that 10 secs of TV coverage you see a City 'fan' punching a seat obviously in an attempt to break it. Dress it up all you like Nick, but its that kind of negative publicity that any football club can do without.

Blaming the police and stewards for 'upsetting' the hooligans is frankly ludicrous. I'm suprised that you didn't blame the owner of the wine bar in Nottingham whose place the City 'fans' smashed up.

These idiots have to take some responsibilty for their behaviour and others making excuses for them is irresponsible imo.

Hey Ciderhead, I saw these pointless little pseudothugs prior to the game and their behaviour was not the 'all in good fun harmless banter' stuff some people are suggesting on here. Now quite frankly I couldn't care less and if a couple of them got spanked by the police then I couldn't be happier. However with your East End campaign in mind which I do support and did sign, just a little worried that as one of the leading activists, you appear to be defending the way these morons are behaving. Fact is these are the same idiots that'll be climbing up the fence at the first opportunity if it's opened and at the very least I'd feel a bit happier if you were condemning the little ####pots rather than offering albeit qualified support.

This isn't a personal criticism as such, would just prefer that as a leading advocate for opening the East End you didn't appear to be quite so obviously supporting the kind of supporters that ensure it's staying closed.

not defending anyone i'm going by what i saw and also told by a police officer that doncaster have a stewarding problem

THEY ARE PUTTING IN A POLICE REPORT AT THE END OF THE SEASON ABOUT IT.

i see the point that these lads may not have been 100% innocent and ok standing up

is not allowed but it's the way you ask people to sit and and my point is security staff

can provoke situation and the head steward told me they are on a learning curve as their

old ground was 80% terracing, what i'm saying is doncaster admitted they had a problem with some

of their staff, as for the eastend no i don't want to see this in there and to be honest i don't think

we see these lads that often but our stewards know their fans and how to deal with them doncaster

are still learning as i've said it's their first season in a new stadium and have not had to deal

with to many large away following in party mood with promotion over the horizon.

In that 10 secs of TV coverage you see a City 'fan' punching a seat obviously in an attempt to break it. Dress it up all you like Nick, but its that kind of negative publicity that any football club can do without.

Blaming the police and stewards for 'upsetting' the hooligans is frankly ludicrous. I'm suprised that you didn't blame the owner of the wine bar in Nottingham whose place the City 'fans' smashed up.

These idiots have to take some responsibilty for their behaviour and others making excuses for them is irresponsible imo.

Likewise the stewards have to take responsibility for their behaviour.

Making excuses for them will lead to a repeat of the fiasco they created.

go to crewe or swansea and see how stewarding should be done.

Are you deliberately missing my point? Based on some of your previous replies on other threads you probably are.

I sense deja vu.

Here we go again. Robbored, please answer me this question:

Apart from the lad punching a seat, what actual evidence of hooliganism or City fans causing trouble did you see?

That's question number one.

Question number two is, what is your point?

Punching a seat is actually a criminal offence under the little known Offences against Inanimate Objects (football Stadia) Act (1987). It is punishable with up to three months imprisonment. Other criminal offences under the Act include; slapping exit signs, head-butting corner flags and kicking turnstiles.

The act was used as recently as 1998, when a Bristol Rovers fan accused of molesting a dugout.

This is all insignificant bulls##t.

I very much doubt any of those fans who were thrown out in the corner and arrested were harshly treated. And we can say for sure that one extra (the seat puncher!) should have got the same treatment as the others - thrown out and arrested.

If we talking about City fans being harshly treated then I think my mate falls unde that category.

For the crime of swearing in front of a police officer (not AT a police officer), he was manhandled out of the ground at half time by two coppers, let out of Doncaster police station at 11pm Saturday night, charged with section 5 of the public disorder act, has to return to appear in court next Monday in Doncaster, if found guilty will be fined, given a criminal conviction and possibly banned from all football grounds for 3 years.

Please can someone tell me how that can be, yet kid who tried to punch in a seat is probably in school this morning, no worries?

Are you deliberately missing my point? Based on some of your previous replies on other threads you probably are.

I'm not sure you can really comment on something that you haven't seen.

Was around by that corner, the 3 stewards in black over coats were walking around like little hitlers obviously enjoying the little bit of power they have. The one with a tatoo on the side of his head was a thug - this was noticable when he ejected the lads.

Fair play to the City fan who gave the stewards a bollacking at half time - no swearing and got his point across. The fact that old bill stood there and let him carry on spoke volumes imo.

not defending anyone i'm going by what i saw and also told by a police officer that doncaster have a stewarding problem

THEY ARE PUTTING IN A POLICE REPORT AT THE END OF THE SEASON ABOUT IT.

i see the point that these lads may not have been 100% innocent and ok standing up

is not allowed but it's the way you ask people to sit and and my point is security staff

can provoke situation and the head steward told me they are on a learning curve as their

old ground was 80% terracing, what i'm saying is doncaster admitted they had a problem with some

of their staff, as for the eastend no i don't want to see this in there and to be honest i don't think

we see these lads that often but our stewards know their fans and how to deal with them doncaster

are still learning as i've said it's their first season in a new stadium and have not had to deal

with to many large away following in party mood with promotion over the horizon.

Fair enough and admittedly I'm talking about what I witnessed outside the ground as was too far away to comment on any incidents inside. I also accept that stewarding/policing is a problem City fans have had to deal with for years but lets be honest if we didn't cart these little scumbags round with us everywhere we go and then act as apologists for them when it all starts to go wrong perhaps the problem wouldn't exist. To my mind there's a huge difference between creating an intimidating atmosphere within the ground and threatening individuals outside.

As long as we are seen to blame the police, stewards etc we are inevitably appearing to offer our support to the very people who are by their simple presence keeping the East End closed.

If we can't get rid of them let's at least make it clear we don't tolerate them or their behaviour as whilst they remain this EE thing hasn't a hope in hell.

This is all insignificant bulls##t.

I very much doubt any of those fans who were thrown out in the corner and arrested were harshly treated. And we can say for sure that one extra (the seat puncher!) should have got the same treatment as the others - thrown out and arrested.

i don't think anybody is saying they were harshly treated. the point is, the stewards created a situation by heavy handling of behaviour that we see up and down the country at football matches.

rightly or wrongly, fans not wanting to sit down at the match.

If they adopted a the crewe approach, we would be talking about that fantastic set piece that led to the late goal, not this.

sorry about your mate, i hope he has a good solictor.

As long as we are seen to blame the police, stewards etc we are inevitably appearing to offer our support to the very people who are by their simple presence keeping the East End closed.

If we can't get rid of them let's at least make it clear we don't tolerate them or their behaviour as whilst they remain this EE thing hasn't a hope in hell.

thank god the east end is closed it keeps the scum away from ashton gate.

keeping closing the east end great, next we will have to get that pesky williams stand shut as well. That will definitly keep ashton gate trouble free.

Fair enough and admittedly I'm talking about what I witnessed outside the ground as was too far away to comment on any incidents inside.

I was close to the incidents inside the ground and apart from not sitting when told(same as my dog) i don't know what else they done wrong before the stewards and police had their little meeting then moved in to drag people out, the lad smacking his seat and any trouble was all after this.

Can't comment what anyone was doing outside because i did'nt see it.

Archived