IGNORED

We need one area to congregate

BB.

i think that the ateyo is the best place as thats where the players run out from and if, other stands like the wiliams and dolman join in when the ateyo is rockin then it will work.

i lost my voice sataurday singing my heart out and with a 19K crowd don't think it made a difrence because every one was showing there support.

if we go up we will probally have more 17 - 19 K crowds so it doesnt matter where you have the singers as all city fans should show there support

The chances of getting everyone together are slim, it's been tried twice (Dulmoan and Williams) yet the Atyeo refuse to come and play, and we just end up with a couple of hundred tops.

The chances have been there, people just don't take them. Normally the same ones that like to give it large over a lack of atmosphere, yet wont put themselves out.

Sorry, Moomin, my knowledge ofthis is hazy however there is one stand out question - so why doesnt everybody go in the Atyeo then for the time being?

Plenty of POTD tickets, plus its a registered singing area?

The problem with the Atyeo is that itr doesn't have anywhere with loads of empty seats, compared to the Williams and Dolman which did have sparsly populated areas which could accom lots of fans together.

I wish everyone would get together, it just aint going to happen mate.

The problem with the Atyeo is that itr doesn't have anywhere with loads of empty seats, compared to the Williams and Dolman which did have sparsly populated areas which could accom lots of fans together.

I wish everyone would get together, it just aint going to happen mate.

I agree, we can talk about it as much as we like but the Ateyo lads wont go anywhere (apart from the Eastend) I think the F-Block would be a good shout (providing the EE isnt opened) But it wont happen cus the Ateyo lot wont go in there.

I also agree that I would be happy to try out the Ateyo but its just not possible there are too many allocated season ticket places. Not many grounds are great for atmostphere when there singing areas are at the opposite end of the ground to the away fans. BUT Leeds and Liverpool are two which work.

I will be honest though nothing will compare to the EE for atmostphere. Although I'm willing to give it a go...any other suggestions?

For now, lets just assume the East End is well and truely off the menue. There's no point confusing things by considering it right now.

I agree with the origional poster, not only is F block empty but the block behind (e) virtually is too.

Unfortuantly there is a stigma attached to the Williams (wrongly).

If anythings there fr the short term then great, however I would have thought whatever stand, all will be close to seling out for the next 2 home games at least.

I would love to think longer term, and I would love for the ST to speak to the club about selling an area which is sparsly taken by season tickerts as a noisey area for next season.

Now we have 1000 tickets for the EE against swansea, but once again you cannot swap your seats for the game. So those who want to sing give up your seats and pay to get in by selling your tickets on the forum.

Once again season ticket holders and those fans unwilling to risk not getting a ticket lose out and fans are forced to technically break the law if they want to go in the east end.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the Forest fans are saying they must be on a wind-up as The Gate was definately noisy on Saturday.

It's almost like the ultimate insult, they couldn't outplay us so they have to run us down, and what hurts football fans? It's questioning their loyal support and passion for their team, which is judged by the noise made and numbers etc.

Personally, after Saturday, I think they (Forest) maybe feeling a little insecure!

:goingup:

unless we're allowed in the east end not everyone will want to change there seats. personally i think it should be in the dolman because

(a) the atmosphere in the williams is sh1te

(b) in the dolman a/b blok and g blok are were alot of the singing takes place anyway

Wrong.

I have my ST in the E block Williams and I can guarantee you that it has been one of (if not THE) liveliest(sp) places in the ground. Although the stewards do appear to have a vendetta against anyone supporting the team in a passionate way, for the big games and some of the little games the E block and F block in front of it have rocked.

Do not dismiss the Williams so lightly.

(Saying that i'm already in the East End on Saturday)

Just swapped my ST in a hurry as i didnt know what time the lines shut, there is now four more in there. I agree that the F block E block would be a decent area for the singing fans to congregate, however this will only work if people do it. I just fear there might be a knock on effect of 'I'm not doing it cause i don't know many people who are', which might hinder the plan. However me and my friends would probably be willing to move, been dying for an area of singing at ashton gate all year. Thank god the east end is open against swansea, should improve the atmosphere and banter somewhat. :yahoo:

Also i think i would prefer one in the E block myself as it makes for a bit better view as well, being a bit higher up n all

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the Forest fans are saying they must be on a wind-up as The Gate was definately noisy on Saturday.

It's almost like the ultimate insult, they couldn't outplay us so they have to run us down, and what hurts football fans? It's questioning their loyal support and passion for their team, which is judged by the noise made and numbers etc.

Personally, after Saturday, I think they (Forest) maybe feeling a little insecure!

:goingup:

I've got to be honest, I was sat in the EE overflow bit (had a great time) but could not here anything from the rest of the stands. I know they were singing as I could see the hands in the the air and the clapping to songs - but I could not here it if I am honest.

I was in B block in the Dolman on saturday and fair play because there was one guy (know him by face not by name) who was starting as many songs as possible. It was working because there were plenty joining in. There were alot of people stood up behind the seats of the back row as well joining in (fair play to the stewards for that one) who i think heard there was a bit of noise coming from there and wanted to join in. B block always used to be good for a sing song and in the big games it normally is too. I think the advantages of the dolman is:

>No pillars ala the Williams stand

>Alot of people prefer the side on view

>Any songs that start from there usually spread to the Atyeo and visa versa so the people who are adament about staying in the Atyeo get to join in/strat something that spreads to other parts of the ground

>There are plenty of singers already there

But in reality i don't think we will ever agree on this as too many people quite simply like where they sit and wont move.

your idea is ok but i can't see the club allowing EASTENDER type of support so near to the prem seating,

they won't want to upset the winning and dining of business people

;)

Did you see the winers and diners at the forset game. The second half kicked off, and a few mins later they then decided to return to their seats after their champers and prawn sarnies. Make my blood boil that life long fans were turfed out for Giles, Henrys and Penelopes !!!!

Did you see the winers and diners at the forset game. The second half kicked off, and a few mins later they then decided to return to their seats after their champers and prawn sarnies. Make my blood boil that life long fans were turfed out for Giles, Henrys and Penelopes !!!!

Fear not everybody i'm sure that the latter stages of this season (Brentford on) has been a cunning test from our directors and co , in respect of the EE and what they can do next season. I'm sure that because of the way our fans (including myself) have conducted thereselves since being allowed back in, and the enjoyment its brought to those in there and helped in the atmos with the rest of the stadium it will be open properly for the start of our championship year!!.

I would imagine 2000 for away support and 2000 for home support and 1000/1500 segregation behind the goal. Just hope it will be on a season ticket basis so i can garantee my place for the whole season . Fantastic work by all those who fought so hard to get it re-opened and for our board of directors and chairman who gave us the chance to prove that we can behave.

AND TO ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORT THE TEAM BY SINGING THEIR HEARTS OUT FOR 90 MINS BRING ON SWANSEA AND ANOTHER GREAT DAY AT THE GATE!

your idea is ok but i can't see the club allowing EASTENDER type of support so near to the prem seating,

they won't want to upset the winning and dining of business people

;)

I don't see how they have a choice in the matter to be honest, unless they suddenly designate areas around the prem seating as family areas, now wouldn't THAT be cynical.

Fear not everybody i'm sure that the latter stages of this season (Brentford on) has been a cunning test from our directors and co , in respect of the EE and what they can do next season. I'm sure that because of the way our fans (including myself) have conducted thereselves since being allowed back in, and the enjoyment its brought to those in there and helped in the atmos with the rest of the stadium it will be open properly for the start of our championship year!!.

I would imagine 2000 for away support and 2000 for home support and 1000/1500 segregation behind the goal. Just hope it will be on a season ticket basis so i can garantee my place for the whole season . Fantastic work by all those who fought so hard to get it re-opened and for our board of directors and chairman who gave us the chance to prove that we can behave.

AND TO ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORT THE TEAM BY SINGING THEIR HEARTS OUT FOR 90 MINS BRING ON SWANSEA AND ANOTHER GREAT DAY AT THE GATE!

I don't see it happening, I'm afraid. The big clubs in the Champ like Sunderland, West Ham, West Brom, Soton could easily sell out the entire East End and will surely get all of it. Maybe for the smaller teams like Col U, Burnley, Barnsley. Anyway aren't we planning on rebuilding the E End to increase capacity?

Archived