IGNORED

We need one area to congregate

BB.

Guest North Street
I don't see how they have a choice in the matter to be honest, unless they suddenly designate areas around the prem seating as family areas, now wouldn't THAT be cynical.

Much of the clubs ethos is that the entire ground is already a family area.

East End type of support will not be tolerated in the E block even if there truly was room and to be honest it would take a nuclear strike to stir the neighbouring block into song.

I already sit in E block Williams and to be honest it won't change much because even in it's hey day along with the enclosure in more tolerant climes it was not really that good. E is simply more realistic than the Atyeo or more realsitic than taking over a couple of blocks in the Dolman [A&B again chaps]

Guest North Street
Anyway aren't we planning on rebuilding the E End to increase capacity?

No, it will be more or less the same unless the plans have been abandoned.

I don't see it happening, I'm afraid. The big clubs in the Champ like Sunderland, West Ham, West Brom, Soton could easily sell out the entire East End and will surely get all of it. Maybe for the smaller teams like Col U, Burnley, Barnsley. Anyway aren't we planning on rebuilding the E End to increase capacity?

you are right what you say about the level of away support in the championship but no ground will offer an entire stand to away supporters even in the premiere league clubs don't give away more than 3000, 4000 max . Take Cardiff their ground never mind how shit it is gives the same 20000 cap as Ashton Gate and they split their away end with home and visiting supporters with a sterile area for segregation. As for the new stand i don't see that being built yet as there isnt enough time to get it up before the new season starts no matter what league we are in. plus the design was awfull and gave no increase in capacity at all.

Much of the clubs ethos is that the entire ground is already a family area.

Annoying I know. However don't forget that this is a national trend, and something the football league are especially pushing as part of their branding.

East End type of support will not be tolerated in the E block even if there truly was room and to be honest it would take a nuclear strike to stir the neighbouring block into song.

To be fair, it was mostly tolerated the last time it was well used, and certainly this season it has been very relaxed in terms of stewarding for big games.

I already sit in E block Williams and to be honest it won't change much because even in it's hey day along with the enclosure in more tolerant climes it was not really that good. E is simply more realistic than the Atyeo or more realsitic than taking over a couple of blocks in the Dolman [A&B again chaps]

I agree wholeheartedly

Guest North Street

Moomin it's the impact of hundreds of fans would have in that area which would not be tolerated as it would totally alter the dynamics overnight of that stand. It's a bit more than Stewarding to be taken into account

When it comes down to it there is a viable alternative staring all in the face, affects only those using it and it's open saturday...........i have to stop!

Moomin it's the impact of hundreds of fans would have in that area which would not be tolerated as it would totally alter the dynamics overnight of that stand. It's a bit more than Stewarding to be taken into account

When it comes down to it there is a viable alternative staring all in the face, affects only those using it and it's open saturday...........i have to stop!

I kinda see what you mean, but as I said earlier in the thread, it's all subjective as it simply wont happen (fans getting together in a stand that isn't the East End)

Obviously fingers are crossed for the EE next season but if we don't get the result I don't think I can bear too many more morgue-like experiances at the Football, it has made me want to kill myself at times this season.

So what is desperately required is those 688+ for Brentford in the same area of the ground EE or not - as Lansdown suggested during that meeting.

As I've said before that end of the Williams is the best location atmospherically speaking, imo.

Can I though see City fans co-ordinating any such idea without the Club's backing? Maybe.

Can I see 688+ City fans co-operating with each other for anything that does not involve the EE? No.

Until we do away fans are going to continue to take the p*ss out of the perceived diabolical home backing. I know some don't, but I personally get embarrassed by it. It is a shameful reflection of this Club.

I.M.H.O the E.E is our home end and the only place that can unite support; whether its in the present or any new East End.

Could be wrong but cant see Dolman or Williams moving en mass to Atyeo or visa versa but they do seem to be drawn back to the E.E even with its poor views (alledgedly)

A new Eastend would have to have a unreserved area to have the same effect :cool2:

Guest North Street
A new Eastend would have to have a unreserved area to have the same effect :cool2:

Looking at what were the former plans for a new East End it's a blessing in many respects it was not built.

The design could have made things worse and we would have been stuck with it for decades.

Hopefully any new plans will see heavy supporter involvement in the design with atmosphere being a consideration at the fore. There are thousands of acoustic experts at this club who will offer their expertise free of charge.

Looking at what were the former plans for a new East End it's a blessing in many respects it was not built.

I'm not sure they are 'former' plans. It's my understanding they remain current plans that aren't being built yet.

Guest North Street
I'm not sure they are 'former' plans. It's my understanding they remain current plans that aren't being built yet.

I am hoping that they are going to be former plans.

Sexstones comments about the stand letting the atmosphere out and consulting acoustic experts other than those who will pay to be in it always concerned me.

Somehow City fans should have been given a stake in the design as what was proposed is a step backwards.

I am hoping that they are going to be former plans.

Sexstones comments about the stand letting the atmosphere out and consulting acoustic experts other than those who will pay to be in it always concerned me.

Somehow City fans should have been given a stake in the design as what was proposed is a step backwards.

Do these plans exist on-line anywhere?

Guest North Street
Do these plans exist on-line anywhere?

Possibly, but staring at them again won't alter the design, once a munter always......

My qualms were about the slant of the roof & the stands abilty to affect atmosphere adversely, it was simply unamaginative, lack of consultation of those who will occupy the seats then why spend millions and barely alter the capacity?

the plans for the eastend look naff

i think it would better if they joined the eastend

n dolman up.

I think that is the plan in the long term. Don't confuse that photo which often appears when the new stand is mentioned which is, I believe, a simple cut and paste job of Aberdeen's stand.

Guest North Street
I think that is the plan in the long term. Don't confuse that photo which often appears when the new stand is mentioned which is, I believe, a simple cut and paste job of Aberdeen's stand.

Those plans promise a future just as dull but costing more to get in unrerserved seating or not and utterly without the input of those already going.

Maybe Sexys baby is everything fans do not want. Maybe we want a low roof, a gert Robin and Suspension bridge across the seats , fish and chips, Clarks pies and cider on tap. A stand for the fans by the fans which promotes itself by the vibrancy of its support not the promise of a comfy seat.

Those plans promise a future just as dull but costing more to get in unrerserved seating or not and utterly without the input of those already going.

Maybe Sexys baby is everything fans do not want. Maybe we want a low roof, a gert Robin and Suspension bridge across the seats , fish and chips, Clarks pies and cider on tap. A stand for the fans by the fans which promotes itself by the vibrancy of its support not the promise of a comfy seat.

:clap: rock and roll like that plan :pray:

Where do you think that the City fans will 'congregate' if/when the Wedlocks Stand gets pulled down and new stand is erected?

Guest North Street
Where do you think that the City fans will 'congregate' if/when the Wedlocks Stand gets pulled down and new stand is erected?

The Cider fairy tells me the thousands in the Atyeo simply take up residence in the new "improved" East End and it's same same again with maybe unreserved seating pushed out to the corner flag. Different stand virtually same scenario.

Time for the supporters club to flex that position on the board and see what people really want as i reckon fans do know their Leitch's from their Inglis and propped cantilevers from barrell roofs when asked.

Back to the singing issues.... I haven't been to a match yet since kinda big ocean to get over first... but next year I will be there... so this is just a thought or two on the issue...

What about instead of having a single stand area for singing, get a few people who already all sit in different stands and areas to link up with like walkie talkies or whatever you call them over there... and get ALL of Ashton Gate singing the same song at the same time... blow the minds of the away 'guests'.

Other thought... might take more organizing or be combined with the first thought.. when people come in to the stands, hand a song sheet... not with just the words but specifiy some for half time or the run in part or for goals... etc..

And yes, I know I don't use correct terminology yet... so now ya can all tell me what I said wrong and why it wont work, but is just thougts :sofa: or.... ya could tell me it might just work...modify and fix the idea if you will please... :chant6ez:

So in answer to the topic question of "We need one area to congregate, If not the East End, then where?" .... my theory is ALL of ASHTON GATE. :yahoo:

So in the mean time, next season I come down AG and think: ''FFS. man, why is this place dead ??''

The Atyeo E+H-block claim to be singing....

The Dolman A+B claim to be giving it large....

The G Beast is clearly going for it....

Williams E, well we try our best..

But without fail travelling fans will perceive AG as an effing library !!

It need's sophisticated co-operation ......

Other than the East End, mass huddling in 'that' end of the Williams is the only answer, imo.

We'll see if we get any change though...

Archived