IGNORED

Chairmans Q&A

One Team

Hi,

Now that one has to be a member of the Dolman Hall to get in on match days, does anyone know if all City fans, including season ticket holders, can attend SL's Q&A session on Saturday - or is it only (by default) open to those who are a member of the Dolman bar-thing?

Cheers lads,

One Team

If the charges for access were classed as a success this season, will this tempt the club to raise the price for next season?

That will be decided by the Supporters Club Committee.Membership fees are annually reviewed at the end of each season.

One thing is for sure less than 22p per game for membership is excellant value especially as you don't have to be a ST holder to gain access as was the case previously.SC membership is open to anyone.

That will be decided by the Supporters Club Committee.Membership fees are annually reviewed at the end of each season.

One thing is for sure less than 22p per game for membership is excellant value especially as you don't have to be a ST holder to gain access as was the case previously.SC membership is open to anyone.

If I go in to my local I can purchase proper real ale at £2.20 a pint.

The 22p per game in the DEH increases my half-time £2.80 sh!te pint - Worthingtons, John Smiths, whatever - to over £3.

Not really that bothered about it, but don't see whats good value about that, unless there's a benefit I'm missing.

Supporters Club members only have access to the DEH on matchdays.

All City fans are eligable to join if they want to. £5 for Bronze membership per season.

Even me :travolta: it is handy for a pint, but I`ve paid my "dues" for over 40years now; open to all; for FREE :yes: i.m.h.o.

If I go in to my local I can purchase proper real ale at £2.20 a pint.

The 22p per game in the DEH increases my half-time £2.80 sh!te pint - Worthingtons, John Smiths, whatever - to over £3.

Not really that bothered about it, but don't see whats good value about that, unless there's a benefit I'm missing.

Unfortunately the SC can't influence the bar prices.They are set by the brewery - Coors I believe.

The good value is that its very handy.Not much walking involved to get into AG.Its also handy at half-time.Theres also a decent food outlet and a bookies along with Sky TV.You also get the team sheet read out about 30 mins before k.o.

Feedback tells us that lots of fans think its excellant value.You as always have a different view to lots of others.

Unfortunately the SC can't influence the bar prices.They are set by the brewery - Coors I believe.

The good value is that its very handy.Not much walking involved to get into AG.Its also handy at half-time.Theres also a decent food outlet and a bookies along with Sky TV.You also get the team sheet read out about 30 mins before k.o.

Feedback tells us that lots of fans think its excellant value.You as always have a different view to lots of others.

And all that was FREE last season, and the season before, and before,and before :doh:

Times change though, and if extra blood can be squeezed out of a stone.....

Says the man who didnt need to be at Doncaster to know what happened.

Just back from my local. Walking distance. Food served at half the price. Watched ManU on Sky TV. There is a telephone bookies service ran by the landlord.

Real ale cost £2.20 a pint.

Thats not a view mate. Its a fact.

don't be so sensitive, its not your fault the club allows itself to be stitched up by a catering company serving crap at inflated prices.

I disagree in principle with having to pay £5 to get into the R&W, and said so when the charges were introduced. I've had to cough up because taking a 3yo lad to games would have been impossible in the winter without somewhere warm to take him up until the last minute - somewhere that was free to get into last year, although obviously we bought drinks etc when inside.

I don't blame the Supporters' Club for it, as I suspect it was foisted on them by the club. 22p or whatever it is per game (assuming you attend all of them) is not good value when it should be free.

However, I have another gripe. Why can't those of us with season tickets or pre-prepaid tickets get directly into the ground from the R&W like we did last season? Having to walk back out to queue up and go through a turnstile seems unnecessary, takes far longer, adds to last-minute queues outside the ground and is inconvenient. Surely the old system was better and gave us longer to eat, drink and hand over money at the bar?

don't be so sensitive, its not your fault the club allows itself to be stitched up by a catering company serving crap at inflated prices.

unless someone is getting a backhander from somewhere for having this contract

Oh dear, your not doing yourself any favours in trying to justify this, are you saying this is a benefit to the paying customers as apposed to the people who don't pay!!??

Simple answer - it's not

Its all about opinions of course - but apart from a minority of angry-heads :ranting: on this forum the feedback the SC has recieved has been excellant.Lots of fans have commented on how much better the DEH is than before its refurbishment.They enjoy the facilities and think its good value especially as its no longer exclusive to ST holders only. Any City fans can join.

I make it 8-1 to me on this thread so far.

(The one with you because he'd like to price the ruffians out of the market).

About par for the course.

1)I disagree in principle with having to pay £5 to get into the R&W, and said so when the charges were introduced. I've had to cough up because taking a 3yo lad to games would have been impossible in the winter without somewhere warm to take him up until the last minute - somewhere that was free to get into last year, although obviously we bought drinks etc when inside.

2)I don't blame the Supporters' Club for it, as I suspect it was foisted on them by the club. 22p or whatever it is per game (assuming you attend all of them) is not good value when it should be free.

3)However, I have another gripe. Why can't those of us with season tickets or pre-prepaid tickets get directly into the ground from the R&W like we did last season? Having to walk back out to queue up and go through a turnstile seems unnecessary, takes far longer, adds to last-minute queues outside the ground and is inconvenient. Surely the old system was better and gave us longer to eat, drink and hand over money at the bar?

1) It was 'free' to you because you were a ST holder.It was part of the 'priveledge' of having one.Anyone without a ST could not gain access to the hall.This season the hall is accessible to anyone who cares to join the SC.Its therefore much more widely available to all fans.

2) Truth is the SC didn't have much say in the matter of moving, but it was to the benefit of the football club that we did move.The move also gave us room to expand membership which was a serious problem with such limited space in the Atyeo suite.It was the best thing for all concerned.

3) I didn't previously use the Dolman Hall so don't know how fans accessed the stand last season.If someone could explain I'll look into why its changed and try to get an answer.

Its all about opinions of course - but apart from a minority of angry-heads :ranting: on this forum the feedback the SC has recieved has been excellant.Lots of fans have commented on how much better the DEH is than before its refurbishment.They enjoy the facilities and think its good value especially as its no longer exclusive to ST holders only. Any City fans can join.

In my opinion...

Drink is overpriced.

Food is overpriced & of poor quality

Facilities aren't actually much better, just different. They've levelled the floor, painted the walls & added a couple of screens. However, there is no longer any facilities for kids whatsoever and few tables. It's not exactly enticing for all is it? I also question your use of the term "good value" - that's relative.

I used to go in there about half a dozen times last season but the food and drink wasnt the best. I see the standards have not improved since last season from what Ive heard. Do you have any say in feedback from st holders for the food and drink standards?How many members are there and how do you intend on retaining your present members?

I make it 8-1 to me on this thread so far.

(The one with you because he'd like to price the ruffians out of the market).

About par for the course.

Nick, you should know that those with a strong opinion - especially a negative one are always more vocal.

I don't take straw polls on this forum seriously at all.The forum reflects a small percetage of the fan base overall.

At least 70 odd fans have fed back to me and the SC committee positively over the season.We've had very few negative comments at all.

Nick, you should know that those with a strong opinion - especially a negative one are always more vocal.

I don't take straw polls on this forum seriously at all.The forum reflects a small percetage of the fan base overall.

At least 70 odd fans have fed back to me and the SC committee positively over the season.We've had very few negative comments at all.

10-1 now. :D

In my opinion...

Drink is overpriced.

Food is overpriced & of poor quality

Facilities aren't actually much better, just different. They've levelled the floor, painted the walls & added a couple of screens. However, there is no longer any facilities for kids whatsoever and few tables. It's not exactly enticing for all is it? I also question your use of the term "good value" - that's relative.

I certainly agree about the food and drink being overpriced and of questionable quality - but its always been so ever since Lindleys' took over the franchise.Its the same in virtually every football stadium all over the country.They have 'captive customers' if you like.Its the same on the railways,motorway services,airports,theatres.......exploitation imo.

The facilities are better.More tables and chairs,more TV's, nicer decor, upgraded toilets,wider range of food if you want it,more gaming machines.....

I used to go in there about half a dozen times last season but the food and drink wasnt the best. I see the standards have not improved since last season from what Ive heard. Do you have any say in feedback from st holders for the food and drink standards?How many members are there and how do you intend on retaining your present members?

With regard to the food - it depends on who you talk to.Some fans think its far better than before,with a wider choice and so on and others think its just as bad as it always was.Its all about opinions but everyone agrees that its overpriced.

There are approx 3500 Bronze and 240 Gold members.

Fans always have a choice about whether they join the SC or not.This last season they will have seen what facilties are on offer and make their own decision regarding next seasons membership.

With regard to Gold membership - there has been a great deal of interest from fans about upgrading and its likely that we have to start a waiting list.

I certainly agree about the food and drink being overpriced and of questionable quality - but its always been so ever since Lindleys' took over the franchise.Its the same in virtually every football stadium all over the country.They have 'captive customers' if you like.Its the same on the railways,motorway services,airports,theatres.......explotation imo.

Agree - it is exploitation however, why should the Club/Lindley follow suit?

The facilities are better.More tables and chairs,more TV's, nicer decor, upgraded toilets,wider range of food if you want it,more gaming machines.....

It's hardly life changing and, to me, it's still a major disappointment that kids aren't really catered for. Why gaming machines when arcade machines could have been used? However, as I've previously said, it should be open to all - not exclusively S/T holders, SC members or Trust members for that matter (yes, I'm aware that the current arrangement is SC members only). My biggest gripe is that people are being forced to become a member of an organisation just to use the facilities. Ok, so there is freedom of choice & local pubs etc but, again, they're not suitable for all ages and weather also plays a factor.

First come, first serve I say.

People should choose to join the SC &/or Trust for reasons that don't make them feel like they are being held to ransom over the use of Club facilities.

Archived