IGNORED

Chairmans Q&A

One Team

12.45 - 1.30pm.

A balanced view no doubt.

In what way do you think improvements could be made? apart from the price and quality of the beer and food which beyond the control of the SC.

Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated.

Me balanced, sometimes but rarely. La La.

Improvements- Glass containers for over 18's fluid, no more tannoy safety announcements for all parts of the ground in the DEH, more tables and chairs, better screens, topless female bar staff!.

No probs with food, but surely the SC have a say with price/quality of ale, somewhere along the line someone has to accept responsibility. I would hope that as the SC readily accept my money/membership that the same organisation would endeavour to 'control' or influence the environment in which their members are accommadated.

Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated.

No probs with food, but surely the SC have a say with price/quality of ale, somewhere along the line someone has to accept responsibility. I would hope that as the SC readily accept my money/membership that the same organisation would endeavour to 'control' or influence the environment in which their members are accommadated.

The SC have absolutely no influence on food or beer prices.I have spoken to Lindleys about both and the area manageress informed me that the beer prices are set by the brewery and not Lindleys themselves and that food prices are set nationally by Lindleys.You will pay the same price for Lindleys food whenver you are at a club where they have the franchise.

With regard to the food - it depends on who you talk to.Some fans think its far better than before,with a wider choice and so on and others think its just as bad as it always was.Its all about opinions but everyone agrees that its overpriced.

There are approx 3500 Bronze and 240 Gold members.

Fans always have a choice about whether they join the SC or not.This last season they will have seen what facilties are on offer and make their own decision regarding next seasons membership.

With regard to Gold membership - there has been a great deal of interest from fans about upgrading and its likely that we have to start a waiting list.

So out of those 3500 Bronze & 240 Gold members, you have recieved "70 odd" positive comments, there are more negative comments on this post alone.!!!!!!!

So out of those 3500 Bronze & 240 Gold members, you have recieved "70 odd" positive comments, there are more negative comments on this post alone.!!!!!!!

I reckon that at least 3500 of our members would have positive comments to make if they were asked.The comments we have recieved so far have been volunteered.Fans felt that they wanted to pass on thier positive remarks.Thats a pretty good indicator imo.

Don't tell me that a few negatives comments on this forum are to be taken seriously.Many people come on here just to moan about something.If its not the SC its the ticketing,the EE,the premier seating,the catering, the manager, the players, the board, the chairman,the chief executive, the stewarding.......ect,ect.

The SC have absolutely no influence on food or beer prices.I have spoken to Lindleys about both and the area manageress informed me that the beer prices are set by the brewery and not Lindleys themselves and that food prices are set nationally by Lindleys.You will pay the same price for Lindleys food whenver you are at a club where they have the franchise.

Thanks for the reply. I now understand that the ale/food prices are controlled by Lindleys. Remember that there is always competition. Shame that Clarks Pies in Bemmy don't make cheap ale, heaven.

I would still appreciate that the views expressed with regard to improving other areas of the 'City experience' were possibly addressed.

Thank you for your input.

I reckon that at least 3500 of our members would have positive comments to make if they were asked.The comments we have recieved so far have been volunteered.Fans felt that they wanted to pass on thier positive remarks.Thats a pretty good indicator imo.

Don't tell me that a few negatives comments on this forum are to be taken seriously.Many people come on here just to moan about something.If its not the SC its the ticketing,the EE,the premier seating,the catering, the manager, the players, the board, the chairman,the chief executive, the stewarding.......ect,ect.

But you expect me to take your comment seriously about the "70 odd", I go to watch City every week with a lot of mates, and the majority are not happy with the new set up, if you were to do a poll, I would be very surprised if there were more positive than negative remarks on this subject.

The guy who asked the first question has a valid point, how can someone who pays over £300 per season ( the life blood of our club), not be allowed to ask OUR Chairman a question, but someone who pays £5 a season, just to have a half time drink, can ???????

In what way do you think improvements could be made? apart from the price and quality of the beer and food which beyond the control of the SC.

I want the Supporters Club of BCFC to be about more than providing somewhere for people to have a pint on the 20 odd matchdays during a season.

I don't understand why the SC don't get involved in other activities to make watching BCFC an easier and more pleasurable experience.

You confuse moaning with constructive criticism and/or making valid points.

You make a comment that 22p per game for bronze membership is "excellant value" and accuse anyone that disagrees with that subjective statement to be a moaner.

£2.20 for a pint of proper real ale at my local or in the Coopers, against £2.80+22p = £3.02 for a pint of sh!te in the DEH?

Whether you have any control over Lindleys is irrelevant.

Its not excellent value.

17-2.

Only last month I raised the following question to Steve (lansdown). He kindly replied see Question and Response from Steve. Anyone can raise a question like I did to SL by emailing, and he will reply...which is fair play.

Question / Suggestion sent 16 March 2007 to SL

Hia Steve,

Tomo here who has featured in the matchday programme through Ed Furnis many times.

I appreciate that there are already plans being made to change the seats in the dolman. However, have you ever considered knocking out some seats between B and C BLOCK & E and F Block and building steps down into the exhibition hall. This would help congestion when leaving the ground and also give the Dolman fans access to better catering / facilities. I never see any point in ever knocking down the Dolman whilst the Williams and East end gets developed moving forward. The Dolman is perfectly adequate and this structural change would be great for the stand. I think the exhibition hall is a brilliant improvement to the Dolman and this proposal would keep all the Dolman fans happy.

One other thing, I think all Dolman season ticket holders and pay on the gate fans should have instant access to the hall (without the membership thing). Membership for the good facilities does not add up. We need to keep everyone happy and I would say that it may be more profitable in the long run.

Not everyone will use it....alot of fans prefer to stay in their seats at the half time interval anyway but I think this would certainly bring in revenue through the bar and catering services,

Let me know what you think Steve ?

Cheers for now

Tomo

STEVE LANSDOWN RESPONSE ISSUED 26 MARCH 2007

Dear Tommo

Dolman Stand

Thank you for your email which was forwarded on to me. The points you highlight are valid and ones which illustrate the poor design of the Dolman Stand. Unfortunately it has not been built in such a way to make the entrances/exits in the manner you suggest and to be perfectly honest I think it would be cheaper to knock the whole thing down and build a completely new stand rather than do what you are suggesting.

On the subject of entrance to the Dolman Hall on match days I do not think you can do this without having some form of membership. Even with the crowds we are getting now i.e. 10,000 plus on a regular basis you are never going to be able to please everyone so those people who want to use the hall need to be able to come at the time they wish knowing they can get in. Even then with the excess numbers we have in the membership people realise they have to get there early. To be honest it does seem to be working pretty well at the moment and contrary to popular belief I do not like changing things just for the sake of it.

I appreciate you dropping me a note with your suggestions. Keep them coming. I have always said you need at leas ten ideas to find a potentially good one.

Kind regards.

Yours sincerely

STEPHEN P LANSDOWN

Archived