IGNORED

Will We Get A Trophy/cup For Coming Second?

bcfc 99

Think we'll get a shield, it was presented at the finale of the open bus tour on Collage Green last time.

I think Goodridge jumped in the fountains, Cramby maybe too although I may be going nuts.

More of the same please lads, a double flip somersault from Bradley and a dive bomb from Gary would be nice. I can't see Basso being reserved either.

Still business to be completed first though.

Think we'll get a shield, it was presented at the finale of the open bus tour on Collage Green last time.

I think Goodridge jumped in the fountains, Cramby maybe too although I may be going nuts.

More of the same please lads, a double flip somersault from Bradley and a dive bomb from Gary would be nice. I can't see Basso being reserved either.

i was thinking about this not so long ago. I'll be very happy if they do give us some trophy or shield so the city players can parade it all over the ground.

And as for the open top bus at College Green. If that does happen, than i will be there.

:winner_third_h4h:

Only the divisonal chamions receive a cup/shield/trophy (delete as applicable). In 1976 the club paid for each player to receive an engraved commemorative drinks tray. Oddly enough the play off winners are presented with a trophy so we ned to finish 1st or (potentially) 6th to get anything. :disapointed2se:

Hmmm... wonder how much one of those would fetch on Ebay?

It was Murray who got into the moat in front of the Council House, He'd only signed from Villa that season under Wardy and I remember my son asking what was he doing?!!!

Got all their sigs on that fantastic poster (photo of Ashton Gate) around at the time.

framed now!

Only the divisonal chamions receive a cup/shield/trophy (delete as applicable). In 1976 the club paid for each player to receive an engraved commemorative drinks tray. Oddly enough the play off winners are presented with a trophy so we ned to finish 1st or (potentially) 6th to get anything. :disapointed2se:

Hmmm... wonder how much one of those would fetch on Ebay?

City did get a 'runners up' shield last time we were promoted from this division. It wasn't presented at the ground, presumably on the basis that we hadn't actually 'won' anything (the division or a play-off final) but we did get one and it was displayed in the following season's team photo.

we get a nice silver plate.......great

the reason it wasn't presented at the ground after the match last time, was because we still had a game to play, and we didn't know if we would be 1st or 2nd at that point.

the players brought out a banner saying "Bristol City Champions" we then promptly lost the last game and Watford took the title........hmmm, watford, didn't do much after they got promoted did they????

Archived