IGNORED

Best And Worst

WessexPest

What are the best and worst parts of Bristol these days?

I could be very predictable here and go for Bedminster and Whorefield respectively, but I'm talking about the best and worst areas to live.

The best:- Somewhere like Stoke Gifford?

The worst:- Surely has to be any one of St Paul's, Hartcliffe or Knowle West?

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Depends what you want.

If you like a vibrant City 'feel' with an ethnic mix then Easton,Barton Hill,St Pauls would be ok.

If you want to live in suburbia then any number of places like Bradley Stoke, Westbury on Trim, Lockleaze,Stockwood,parts of Bemmy, Brislington and Hedley Park are fine.

If you want style and sophistication then Clifton especially Clifton Village is the place.

Personally I chose to live outside the City.

I could be very predictable here and go for Bedminster and Whorefield respectively, but I'm talking about the best and worst areas to live.

Any thoughts?

The simple trick is to not live in Bristol, but in South Glos. You get the best of both worlds, a far better council and the schools are far superior.

I'd agree with that.

Depends what you want.

If you like a vibrant City 'feel' with an ethnic mix then Easton,Barton Hill,St Pauls would be ok.

Id rephrase that to..

Want to get shot?

Move to Easton or St Pauls.

Sick of all this 'vibrant, carnival atmoshpere with a wonderful blend of ethnicity' crap.

Its a drug ridden shite hole full of massage parlours where the majority of white people will get trouble.

Id rephrase that to..

Want to get shot?

Sick of all this 'vibrant, carnival atmoshpere with a wonderful blend of ethnicity' crap.

Its a drug ridden shite hole full of massage parlours where the majority of white people will get trouble.

Can't believe Robbored said that. That's New Labour rhetoric to try to disguise the fact that some inner city areas are so crime-ridden because of our spineless police force that no sane person goes there. Obviously there is at least one (and counting) person who believes that "happy carnival atmosphere as you get threatened with a knife in a friendly fashion" tosh.

Can't believe Robbored said that. That's New Labour rhetoric to try to disguise the fact that some inner city areas are so crime-ridden because of our spineless police force that no sane person goes there. Obviously there is at least one (and counting) person who believes that "happy carnival atmosphere as you get threatened with a knife in a friendly fashion" tosh.

Let me explain - personally I would not choose to live anywhere in the City but I know of many who do.Through my work I know of many white, well educated people who choose to live in an area where there is a 'cosmopolotan feel' with an ethnic mix - namely Easton,Barton Hill,St Pauls.St Werburghs and Montpelier.

Its their choice.....

Let me explain - personally I would not choose to live anywhere in the City but I know of many who do.Through my work I know of many white, well educated people who choose to live in an area where there is a 'cosmopolotan feel' with an ethnic mix - namely Easton,Barton Hill,St Pauls.St Werburghs and Montpelier.

Its their choice.....

Yep their choice.

I wouldnt choose to live in any of those rats' nests thats for sure.

You're workmates probably live their because your work has such crap pay.

The two worst parts of Bristol in terms of povery are Barton Hill and Laurence Weston.

There were in the poorest 200 parts of the uk.

Fact is, Bristol doesn't have the sink hole estates like northern towns and cities, or London. This is why places like Southmead and Hartcliff seem so bad, when infact they're not even amongst the worst in the country.

Any thoughts?best area...sneyd park.i lived there once! worst knowle west,southmead,lockleaze.many others

The two worst parts of Bristol in terms of povery are Barton Hill and Laurence Weston.

There were in the poorest 200 parts of the uk.

Fact is, Bristol doesn't have the sink hole estates like northern towns and cities, or London. This is why places like Southmead and Hartcliff seem so bad, when infact they're not even amongst the worst in the country.

Oh come on. The bad areas in the city are comparable to anything found elsewhere in the UK - and I've lived in Glasgow!

I missed the turning for muller road down to the M32 a few weeks ago (fishponds side) and ended up driving down stapleton rd - thats got to be one of the worse places ever, just like horrible parts of london (peckham, blackheath etc..) & Manchester (moss side) & Liverpool (Toxteth)

Don't think Knowle West & Artcliffe are as bad as they were

Personally i think bedminster is up and comin and hey tomorrow could boast a championship footy team....(Believe...)

If I had the funds a nice city centre pad would do me

:laugh: Priceless! You may like to think about getting out & about more.

Id rephrase that to..

Want to get shot?

Absolute b***ocks. I've lived in St Pauls and it's fine. Do you read the Daily Mail? Or the Evening Post?

Id rephrase that to..

Want to get shot?

You're talking absolute rubbish. Talk about scaremongering...

Suprised no one has said Southmead yet, usally one of the first places to get slagged. I love living here myself but then thats because I grew up here and don't know any different.

That what i was expecting Ive lived in southmead all my life and i'm so used to people putting the place down so I'm very surprised no one has put it down yet

That what i was expecting Ive lived in southmead all my life and i'm so used to people putting the place down so I'm very surprised no one has put it down yet

I go to school in Southmead and although some people look rough, you do see alot of OAPs very close and treated with respect. Also the housing doesnt look too bad and its fairly tidy.

Having said that, I'm usually out and about during lunch times and never been there at night.

I feel alot 'safer' walking around Southmead, rather then Hartcliffe or Knowle West.

Archived