IGNORED

Daft, Disgraceful And Disappointing...

everreddy

When you think about it, in the cold light of day, its just ridiculous that so many City fans are being deprived of the possibility of celebrating their team gain promotion, on Saturday. I reckon at least 5000 fans would be there, if it wasn't for the mindless idiots who are threatening to ruin our big day. It's time all this nonsense was sorted, once and for all, so that real fans can get on with supporting their team, cheering them on towards promotion - and yes, even going on the pitch, at the end, to revel with the players! Millwall shouldn't be bovverred - they'd make a few grand extra from ticket sales and the rest...

When you think about it, in the cold light of day, its just ridiculous that so many City fans are being deprived of the possibility of celebrating their team gain promotion, on Saturday. I reckon at least 5000 fans would be there, if it wasn't for the mindless idiots who are threatening to ruin our big day. It's time all this nonsense was sorted, once and for all, so that real fans can get on with supporting their team, cheering them on towards promotion - and yes, even going on the pitch, at the end, to revel with the players! Millwall shouldn't be bovverred - they'd make a few grand extra from ticket sales and the rest...

Any other team in the country with a half decent stadium and there wouldn't be a problem. We'd take 5,000 up easily, as we did at Barnsley on the Sunday in 03/04 when we were in a sniff of second spot.

Saying that, it ain't Millwall's fault. It's the fact that their reputation preceeds themselves and the Police are, rightly or wrongly, being ultra cautious.

:clapping:

Yeah mate, come on our pitch, take over our area, fancy a go on my wife as well while you are at it?

"Shouldn't be bothered", most of us won't be as long as you don't overstep the mark, personally i don't think you will be celebrating on Saturday cos i think you'll get beat but if by chance you do get a result surely you realise that to invade our pitch, walk our streets waving 'alien' flags etc, will be like red rag to a bull to some of our supporters as it would be to some of yours if the boot was on the other foot.

"Shouldn't be bothered", most of us won't be as long as you don't overstep the mark, personally i don't think you will be celebrating on Saturday cos i think you'll get beat but if by chance you do get a result surely you realise that to invade our pitch, walk our streets waving 'alien' flags etc, will be like red rag to a bull to some of our supporters as it would be to some of yours if the boot was on the other foot.

Nah we wont lose to your lot Saturday a win or a draw for the robins. :innocent06:

it is not just down to millwall. the police have a say in it.

Here's where the differences between the London and the West Country are highlighted: I'm sure that only a very very small minority of Bristolians would begrudge you celebrating afterwards.

It's not as if you winning would knock us out of the league/playoffs or there's a long running hatred between the two teams. I don't see why anyone should get excited about such a non-game - as it is for yourselves.

Most of us would be respectful that's you'd been promoted through merit and the presence of an alien flag wouldn't be seen as something to get excited about.

went to Millwall once - sat in the stand and the place cheered as their hooligan element tried to climb over the fence and get at City fans in the standing area at the old Den- there were a bunch of elderly City fans toward the front of the section I was in who were generally abused and had coins thrown at them - vowed not to go again - did once to the New Den as part of Gold shareholder package but would not go again. Expect us to win Saturday but not to enjoy it too much - not like we enjoyed Carlisle as the atmosphere of hositility will be there. Will celebrate at home to Rotherham when we can have one huge happy party- free cider as we enter and the Wurzels prematch would top it off- are you reading Blackthorn???

Here's where the differences between the London and the West Country are highlighted: I'm sure that only a very very small minority of Bristolians would begrudge you celebrating afterwards.

It's not as if you winning would knock us out of the league/playoffs or there's a long running hatred between the two teams. I don't see why anyone should get excited about such a non-game - as it is for yourselves.

Most of us would be respectful that's you'd been promoted through merit and the presence of an alien flag wouldn't be seen as something to get excited about.

There is no such thing as a non game if we hear whispers of away support planning to take what we see as 'liberties' e.g. invading our pitch or sitting in amongst the home supporters, it's seen as a lack of respect and there will be some on the lookout for supporters being 'too quiet' a dead giveaway that away supporters have tried to sneak in amongst the home fans. As for no history between the two clubs i first visited Ashton Gate in the very early 70's for an opening day of the season fixture it was carnage even then.

You have to understand that we know we are never going to challenge for the Champions League, to reach the Premiership and spend a few seasons there is probably as good as its ever going to get for us, we can dream but most of us know deep down that we are a small club but what we do have is a reputation and thats something that some of our fans will literally lay their lives on the line to hang on to. I know it sounds stupid but i've seen it with my own eyes in places like Budapest when we played in the Uefa Cup a couple of seasons back when we were warned not to get off at a certain station because Ferencvaros fans would be lying in wait for us our fans packed the train got off and kicked the shit out everyone that was there, i saw it at Maine Rd in our last ever visit there when i bumped into men now their 60's who i hadn't seen for years who'd come out of the woodwork and not for the football, the lead item on the news radio on the trip home was about there being "no spare police cells in Greater Manchester that night", i've seen Millwall fans march straight into the 'Shed' at Chelsea and literally kick them out of their own end, theres nothing they wouldn't do to keep/enhance there name at the top of the tree. We even had a pre-season tour of Germany cancelled a couple of years back becuase the German authorities didn't want us over there attracting many local fascists to what were meant to be low key games.

I am not condoning the fact that our fans take pride in such things but some see it as all we've got. If you're Millwall you are always going to have your backs to the Wall because you're treated like 'shit' by the media, the League, the F.A. the police, in fact all and sundry so some of our fans see it as their duty to act accordingly, in that respect you have to be a 'fighter' to follow the club it's far easier to follow someone like Crystal Pal, Charlton or Arsenal if you're from 'round here believe me. Millwalls average crowd ths season is probably around 9000 which makes us small fry in the great scheme of things yet everybody knows us, and our fans know it's not for our footballing achievements. If you're coming on Saturday have a good day, be sensible and stay safe, personally i don't care if you get promoted or not as long as you don't do it at our expense, 2 - 1 to us i reckon.

This is not a boast, this is not meant to antagonise or prompt reaction

MILLWALL the most famous small club in world!

There is no such thing as a non game if we hear whispers of away support planning to take what we see as 'liberties' e.g. invading our pitch or sitting in amongst the home supporters, it's seen as a lack of respect and there will be some on the lookout for supporters being 'too quiet' a dead giveaway that away supporters have tried to sneak in amongst the home fans. As for no history between the two clubs i first visited Ashton Gate in the very early 70's for an opening day of the season fixture it was carnage even then.

You have to understand that we know we are never going to challenge for the Champions League, to reach the Premiership and spend a few seasons there is probably as good as its ever going to get for us, we can dream but most of us know deep down that we are a small club but what we do have is a reputation and thats something that some of our fans will literally lay their lives on the line to hang on to. I know it sounds stupid but i've seen it with my own eyes in places like Budapest when we played in the Uefa Cup a couple of seasons back when we were warned not to get off at a certain station because Ferencvaros fans would be lying in wait for us our fans packed the train got off and , i saw it at Maine Rd in our last ever visit there when i bumped into men now their 60's who i hadn't seen for years who'd come out of the woodwork and not for the football, the lead item on the news radio on the trip home was about there being "no spare police cells in Greater Manchester that night", i've seen Millwall fans march straight into the 'Shed' at Chelsea and literally kick them out of their own end, theres nothing they wouldn't do to keep/enhance there name at the top of the tree. We even had a pre-season tour of Germany cancelled a couple of years back becuase the German authorities didn't want us over there attracting many local fascists to what were meant to be low key games.

I am not condoning the fact that our fans take pride in such things but some see it as all we've got. If you're Millwall you are always going to have your backs to the Wall because you're treated like 'shit' by the media, the League, the F.A. the police, in fact all and sundry so some of our fans see it as their duty to act accordingly, in that respect you have to be a 'fighter' to follow the club it's far easier to follow someone like Crystal Pal, Charlton or Arsenal if you're from 'round here believe me. Millwalls average crowd ths season is probably around 9000 which makes us small fry in the great scheme of things yet everybody knows us, and our fans know it's not for our footballing achievements. If you're coming on Saturday have a good day, be sensible and stay safe, personally i don't care if you get promoted or not as long as you don't do it at our expense, 2 - 1 to us i reckon.

You going to pause for breath or stop or just going to keep going til you run out of breath and choke?

You have to understand that we know we are never going to challenge for the Champions League, to reach the Premiership and spend a few seasons there is probably as good as its ever going to get for us, we can dream but most of us know deep down that we are a small club but what we do have is a reputation and thats something that some of our fans will literally lay their lives on the line to hang on to. I know it sounds stupid but i've seen it with my own eyes in places like Budapest when we played in the Uefa Cup a couple of seasons back when we were warned not to get off at a certain station because Ferencvaros fans would be lying in wait for us our fans packed the train got off and , i saw it at Maine Rd in our last ever visit there when i bumped into men now their 60's who i hadn't seen for years who'd come out of the woodwork and not for the football, the lead item on the news radio on the trip home was about there being "no spare police cells in Greater Manchester that night", i've seen Millwall fans march straight into the 'Shed' at Chelsea and literally kick them out of their own end, theres nothing they wouldn't do to keep/enhance there name at the top of the tree. We even had a pre-season tour of Germany cancelled a couple of years back becuase the German authorities didn't want us over there attracting many local fascists to what were meant to be low key games.

Blue Lion, that's probably the best, most honest and most heart felt reply I've ever read on this message board from an opposition supporter. Fair play to you, you have my respect.

You have to understand that we know we are never going to challenge for the Champions League, to reach the Premiership and spend a few seasons there is probably as good as its ever going to get for us, we can dream but most of us know deep down that we are a small club but what we do have is a reputation and thats something that some of our fans will literally lay their lives on the line to hang on to. I know it sounds stupid but i've seen it with my own eyes in places like Budapest when we played in the Uefa Cup a couple of seasons back when we were warned not to get off at a certain station because Ferencvaros fans would be lying in wait for us our fans packed the train got off and kicked the shit out everyone that was there, i saw it at Maine Rd in our last ever visit there when i bumped into men now their 60's who i hadn't seen for years who'd come out of the woodwork and not for the football, the lead item on the news radio on the trip home was about there being "no spare police cells in Greater Manchester that night", i've seen Millwall fans march straight into the 'Shed' at Chelsea and literally kick them out of their own end, theres nothing they wouldn't do to keep/enhance there name at the top of the tree. We even had a pre-season tour of Germany cancelled a couple of years back becuase the German authorities didn't want us over there attracting many local fascists to what were meant to be low key games.

Blue Lion.

OC beat me to it,cracking post. I do have a grudging respect for Millwall. Maybe it is because (and excuse the pun) you have punched above your weight in recent years. Whenever City play Millwall at the Gate, the old faces reappear just like when we play Rovers or Cardiff. If that means respect then so be it.

City have a reputation around the country and although it is nowhere near as bad as Millwalls,I am sure some people take pride in it. I personally cannot see the point in 'pride in violence' but each to his own.

PS Shouldn't it be 'Millwall the most IN-famous small club in the world?

I am not condoning the fact that our fans take pride in such things but some see it as all we've got. If you're Millwall you are always going to have your backs to the Wall because you're treated like 'shit' by the media, the League, the F.A. the police, in fact all and sundry so some of our fans see it as their duty to act accordingly,

With all due respect, you are treated like that by the media, league, police etc due to the actions of your supporters in the first place and not the other way around. Millwalls reputation is a self-fulfilling prophecy

Good post Blue Lion, however, there's one thing I would pick up there.

You talk about City fans showing a lack of respect by purchasing tickets in the home end and, whilst I understand where you're coming from, I think you'll find that works both ways.

I remember the Millwall game in 2001 (Lee Matthews' last minute pen) and Cahill, Ifill, Harris et al went and trashed up the away dressing room whilst fans did battle in the stands. I believe Millwall players caused something in the region of £30,000 worth of damage that they even refused to pay for!

With this is mind, I personally lost all respect I ever had for Millwall and those who are desperate enough to go in the home end aren't doing it deliberately as an act of disrespect, they're doing it due to the unique circumstances of the game. Just as long as they're streetwise enough not to celebrate or anything like that then why shouldn't they sit with home fans, given what's at stake?

reckon a draw meself..... and agreed red rags and bulls is fair comment.

Mate fair play to ya for explaining yourself, but I have heard some of the subtleties of your faithful at the Gate over the years, and it is little wonder you get treated like you do, with attititudes like those I heard after the last time we played you at the Gate, before this season.

Maybe, just maybe some of yours glory in the reputation?

With all due respect, you are treated like that by the media, league, police etc due to the actions of your supporters in the first place and not the other way around. Millwalls reputation is a self-fulfilling prophecy

Theres a Mr High'n'Mighty at every club look in your own backyard before criticising others, i at least recognise our faults you it seems have a long way to go before you come to terms with yours!

Theres a Mr High'n'Mighty at every club look in your own backyard before criticising others, i at least recognise our faults you it seems have a long way to go before you come to terms with yours!

Blue Lion...you've totally lost the plot of my oroginal comment on this thread, and I really despair of the likes of you (and admittedly, some of our lot). My point being - its just ridiculous that the match, and the opportunity of supporters in a so-called democratic society to maybe see their team gain promotion, after 9 years in the wilderness, should be ruined by the few "mindless idiots"....

Blue Lion...you've totally lost the plot of my oroginal comment on this thread, and I really despair of the likes of you (and admittedly, some of our lot). My point being - its just ridiculous that the match, and the opportunity of supporters in a so-called democratic society to maybe see their team gain promotion, after 9 years in the wilderness, should be ruined by the few "mindless idiots"....

That's the way we are and thats the way we like it.

And 'mindless idiots'........very Daily Mail!!!!

Rarely post anymore, but felt the need to comment on this.

Seriously excellent post mate.

Good post Blue Lion, however, there's one thing I would pick up there.

You talk about City fans showing a lack of respect by purchasing tickets in the home end and, whilst I understand where you're coming from, I think you'll find that works both ways.

I remember the Millwall game in 2001 (Lee Matthews' last minute pen) and Cahill, Ifill, Harris et al went and trashed up the away dressing room whilst fans did battle in the stands. I believe Millwall players caused something in the region of £30,000 worth of damage that they even refused to pay for!

With this is mind, I personally lost all respect I ever had for Millwall and those who are desperate enough to go in the home end aren't doing it deliberately as an act of disrespect, they're doing it due to the unique circumstances of the game. Just as long as they're streetwise enough not to celebrate or anything like that then why shouldn't they sit with home fans, given what's at stake?

Blue Lion - You as a person i respect BUT 75% of your Millwall fans are the reason i do not take my step-son to a Bristol City v Millwall game.

When ever Bristol City play Millwall there is only 2 things i think about - 1) Bristol City fans safety 2) Dean Horrix and the family he left behind. God bless them.

Sorry about this reply DB, as you and your fellow'Wallers have been good posters on here offering decent banter and some good advice. comments like this cross the line.Respect.

No probs mate, some muppets at every club, including ours.

everreddy - Why should i get myself off to Iraq? Very silly comment.

Very rarely pat opposition fans on the back for their comments, but thats as good as it gets cocker!!!!!

Nice one.....Arn

Archived