IGNORED

Daft, Disgraceful And Disappointing...

everreddy

Sorry about this reply DB, as you and your fellow'Wallers have been good posters on here offering decent banter and some good advice. comments like this cross the line.Respect.

Oh get a life.....it was a joke. I'm sure the roughty, toughty millwall fans have heard worse than that.

Maybe some people on here have been taken in by the "reputation" spouted on here over the last week or so. Seems I have already "taken a liberty" and not shown "respect"

Oh get a life.....it was a joke. I'm sure the roughty, toughty millwall fans have heard worse than that.

Maybe some people on here have been taken in by the "reputation" spouted on here over the last week or so. Seems I have already "taken a liberty" and not shown "respect"

Yeah but my misses is right dog so it was a bit too close to home.............!!!

There is no such thing as a non game if we hear whispers of away support planning to take what we see as 'liberties' e.g. invading our pitch or sitting in amongst the home supporters, it's seen as a lack of respect and there will be some on the lookout for supporters being 'too quiet' a dead giveaway that away supporters have tried to sneak in amongst the home fans. As for no history between the two clubs i first visited Ashton Gate in the very early 70's for an opening day of the season fixture it was carnage even then.

You have to understand that we know we are never going to challenge for the Champions League, to reach the Premiership and spend a few seasons there is probably as good as its ever going to get for us, we can dream but most of us know deep down that we are a small club but what we do have is a reputation and thats something that some of our fans will literally lay their lives on the line to hang on to. I know it sounds stupid but i've seen it with my own eyes in places like Budapest when we played in the Uefa Cup a couple of seasons back when we were warned not to get off at a certain station because Ferencvaros fans would be lying in wait for us our fans packed the train got off and kicked the shit out everyone that was there, i saw it at Maine Rd in our last ever visit there when i bumped into men now their 60's who i hadn't seen for years who'd come out of the woodwork and not for the football, the lead item on the news radio on the trip home was about there being "no spare police cells in Greater Manchester that night", i've seen Millwall fans march straight into the 'Shed' at Chelsea and literally kick them out of their own end, theres nothing they wouldn't do to keep/enhance there name at the top of the tree. We even had a pre-season tour of Germany cancelled a couple of years back becuase the German authorities didn't want us over there attracting many local fascists to what were meant to be low key games.

I am not condoning the fact that our fans take pride in such things but some see it as all we've got. If you're Millwall you are always going to have your backs to the Wall because you're treated like 'shit' by the media, the League, the F.A. the police, in fact all and sundry so some of our fans see it as their duty to act accordingly, in that respect you have to be a 'fighter' to follow the club it's far easier to follow someone like Crystal Pal, Charlton or Arsenal if you're from 'round here believe me. Millwalls average crowd ths season is probably around 9000 which makes us small fry in the great scheme of things yet everybody knows us, and our fans know it's not for our footballing achievements. If you're coming on Saturday have a good day, be sensible and stay safe, personally i don't care if you get promoted or not as long as you don't do it at our expense, 2 - 1 to us i reckon.

This is not a boast, this is not meant to antagonise or prompt reaction

MILLWALL the most famous small club in world!

probably the most interesting reply from another teams supporter i have ever seen on here

as for taking 'liberties'

well it does look like we could be promoted tomorrow and to be honest your place would not be our first choice of locations to do so but hey ho such is life .

surely you can understand that 2150 tickets is nowhere near enough for us as we have had nearly 20k at home for our last few games so there are a hell of a lot of us going to travel with either Wall tickets or none at all to hopefully see our boys promoted .

we could say the same about liberties for your boys in the past i can remember a couple of times in my younger days when Wall came to town especially the one in the mid 80's when a couple of hundred of your lads thought they could sit in our Dolman stand for the day and the stand ended up with not many seats left in it.

as for the going on the pitch anyone stupid enough to try that at your gaff deserves a slap in my opinion as this is blatent disrespect and something that would not be tolerated at our place either .

oh and by the way I reckon we will beat you 2-1

probably the most interesting reply from another teams supporter i have ever seen on here

as for taking 'liberties'

well it does look like we could be promoted tomorrow and to be honest your place would not be our first choice of locations to do so but hey ho such is life .

surely you can understand that 2150 tickets is nowhere near enough for us as we have had nearly 20k at home for our last few games so there are a hell of a lot of us going to travel with either Wall tickets or none at all to hopefully see our boys promoted .

we could say the same about liberties for your boys in the past i can remember a couple of times in my younger days when Wall came to town especially the one in the mid 80's when a couple of hundred of your lads thought they could sit in our Dolman stand for the day and the stand ended up with not many seats left in it.

as for the going on the pitch anyone stupid enough to try that at your gaff deserves a slap in my opinion as this is blatent disrespect and something that would not be tolerated at our place either .

oh and by the way I reckon we will beat you 2-1

I beg to differ. I remember not so long back, PNE were promoted as champions at the Gate. At the final whistle, City fans ran on the pitch and towards the away end and when we got there, what did we do? We shook their hands and invited them onto the pitch with us so they could have their celebration.

All this nonsense about taking liberties is just an excuse for violence. The 80's are long gone unless you support Millwall.

Yeah but my misses is right dog so it was a bit too close to home.............!!!

Probably a bit close to home for wellyredhead as well, you know, coming from Taunton......

don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be high and mighty, I just find it amazing that a post from Blue Lion, albeit an honest and concise one, was in a nutshell explaining/trying to justify the actions of the hooligan element at millwall and yet I get pulled up for calling your misses a dog....I mean, I don't even know you...you could be gay! ;)

I wonder if the likes of wellyredhead will still be in awe should he get a spank from your mob on saturday

I beg to differ. I remember not so long back, PNE were promoted as champions at the Gate. At the final whistle, City fans ran on the pitch and towards the away end and when we got there, what did we do? We shook their hands and invited them onto the pitch with us so they could have their celebration.

All this nonsense about taking liberties is just an excuse for violence. The 80's are long gone unless you support Millwall.

Agreed. Possibly the most sporting thing i have ever seen at Ashton Gate. Although i cant see it happening at Millwall due to the fact that we are in the top tier. IF we were in the bottom, the amount of polcie in front of us would be near on impossible to get through. Also, we would be met by about 9000 millwall fans.

As Blue Lion said - what you see with us is what you get.

I'm split on the decision to give you the lower tier. On one hand I think the police should actually earn their pay, on the other hand if you did win promotion and spilled onto the pitch all sorts of problems would follow.

Millwall ain't going to allow you to celebrate on our 'manor' so to speak. That's just the way it is.

Unfortunately for you lot your promotion winning game looks like being down The Den. Speaking from a selfish point of view, I'd rather see Forest go up. Not because I have a dislike of yourselves, but because our games with you always have a bit more edge about them.

I do have quite a lot of respect for Bristol City.

Probably a bit close to home for wellyredhead as well, you know, coming from Taunton......

don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be high and mighty, I just find it amazing that a post from Blue Lion, albeit an honest and concise one, was in a nutshell explaining/trying to justify the actions of the hooligan element at millwall and yet I get pulled up for calling your misses a dog....I mean, I don't even know you...you could be gay! ;)

I wonder if the likes of wellyredhead will still be in awe should he get a spank from your mob on saturday

We are PinkLions, Super PinkLions.

As Blue Lion said - what you see with us is what you get.

I'm split on the decision to give you the lower tier. On one hand I think the police should actually earn their pay, on the other hand if you did win promotion and spilled onto the pitch all sorts of problems would follow.

Millwall ain't going to allow you to celebrate on our 'manor' so to speak. That's just the way it is.

Unfortunately for you lot your promotion winning game looks like being down The Den. Speaking from a selfish point of view, I'd rather see Forest go up. Not because I have a dislike of yourselves, but because our games with you always have a bit more edge about them.

I do have quite a lot of respect for Bristol City.

Can assure you Mr Millwall, we to respect the Wall........ :shocking:

You are not the only one to raise a wry smile at the irony of this, RedRaw. Blue Lion's 'Cleaner Close' hand-on-heart autobiography appears to me disingenuous in it's candour. Imagine a rapist hiding behind the proclamation of 'It's all I can do well'. Violence is violence - 'the last refuge of the incompetent' according to Isaac Asimov - and no amount of 'onest Harry swaggering makes it a justifiable recourse in a civilised society.

It's not just those that are 'looking for it' that become involved. There are women and children (ask the 6-year-old birthday party attendees of the Amici bar in Nottingham) - and men who are comfortable that we have largely transgressed beyond our tribal nature - who get caught up in this charade of bluster and one-upmanship and imitation and occasional horror. And when it's all over, when you've thrown your plastic chairs, and inflicted your cuts, and punched your seats, and 'claimed your territory', we, the majority, pick up the pieces, and the tab, and pay the penalty with police corridors to train stations and pepper sprays and all-seater stadia and CCTV.

Please, spare us the hand-wringing 'The world done us bad' diatribe.

You are not the only one to raise a wry smile at the irony of this, RedRaw. Blue Lion's 'Cleaner Close' hand-on-heart autobiography appears to me disingenuous in it's candour. Imagine a rapist hiding behind the proclamation of 'It's all I can do well'. Violence is violence - 'the last refuge of the incompetent' according to Isaac Asimov - and no amount of 'onest Harry swaggering makes it a justifiable recourse in a civilised society.

It's not just those that are 'looking for it' that become involved. There are women and children (ask the 6-year-old birthday party attendees of the Amici bar in Nottingham) - and men who are comfortable that we have largely transgressed beyond our tribal nature - who get caught up in this charade of bluster and one-upmanship and imitation and occasional horror. And when it's all over, when you've thrown your plastic chairs, and inflicted your cuts, and punched your seats, and 'claimed your territory', we, the majority, pick up the pieces, and the tab, and pay the penalty with police corridors to train stations and pepper sprays and all-seater stadia and CCTV.

:laugh: X100000 :violin:

People have to get their buzz somewhere. Some get it through drink, some get it through drugs, some get it through violence. It's very rare that innocent people get caught up in any trouble that occurs, certainly in the modern day anyway.

As I said here during the week - if you were to come down and didn't want trouble you would not encounter any trouble. I love the fact we're hated and feared but I don't like it when so much rubbish is written about us. "They hit scarfers", "Theay eat children" it's all a load of rubbish. If you come down Saturday, drink away from the ground and don't do anything stupid you will be FINE.

Sound advice from MrMillwall - but this applies in general to a lot of football club's. I having been watching Birmingham City for 5 years now and i have seen the Brum Zulu's doing 'their thing' around the Country. Any away fans lipping off or singing around St. Andrews will get fronted (including scarfers). Not right, but this is the society we live in. If you are visiting another 'manor' then show respect - you will be fine.

Just how new are you? No long running hatred??!!!!!!! City and Millwall have always been at it. Your so naive its unreal.

Been supporting City for 5 years. Wasn't aware that City had more of a history with Millwall than any other team in particular. Thought Millwall hated everyone.

Naiveté is me walking into a London Bridge pub being abusive. I wouldn't do that because it's stupid.

Not knowing Millwall's history is one of ignorance and I'll put my hands up to that. Wasn't aware that warranted that level of abuse.

Sound advice from MrMillwall - but this applies in general to a lot of football club's. I having been watching Birmingham City for 5 years now and i have seen the Brum Zulu's doing 'their thing' around the Country. Any away fans lipping off or singing around St. Andrews will get fronted (including scarfers). Not right, but this is the society we live in. If you are visiting another 'manor' then show respect - you will be fine.

And that may be the case.....but to me the over-riding "advice" given by all the guys from Millwall has carried an under-tone of scare-mongering, probably because, as stated, the minority, or in this case possibly majority, enjoy having the reputation and will do all they can to keep it.

The vast majority of City fans going will be there purely for a good day out, a city win, promotion and a good all sing-song........I doubt they will want to walk the streets, drink in their manor or run on the pitch, in other words not taking "liberties" or showing "disrespect" but you can bet your bottom dollar that Millwall will revel in making it overly hostile and will no doubt at some point clamber over seats to try an get at the city contigent

Been supporting City for 5 years. Wasn't aware that City had more of a history with Millwall than any other team in particular. Thought Millwall hated everyone.

Naiveté is me walking into a London Bridge pub being abusive. I wouldn't do that because it's stupid.

Not knowing Millwall's history is one of ignorance and I'll put my hands up to that. Wasn't aware that warranted that level of abuse.

Where have I abused you? Calling someone naive is not abuse. Think thats abuse then wait until tomorrow!

Where have I abused you? Calling someone naive is not abuse. Think thats abuse then wait until tomorrow!

^_^

Your so naive its unreal.

Well maybe not abuse - I'm not exactly going to lose sleep over it, but that kind of statement is pretty obnoxious. In Millwall terms, it's not showing respect and would get you a "smack in the marf" if you said it to someone's face on the manor. ;)

And that may be the case.....but to me the over-riding "advice" given by all the guys from Millwall has carried an under-tone of scare-mongering, probably because, as stated, the minority, or in this case possibly majority, enjoy having the reputation and will do all they can to keep it.

The vast majority of City fans going will be there purely for a good day out, a city win, promotion and a good all sing-song........I doubt they will want to walk the streets, drink in their manor or run on the pitch, in other words not taking "liberties" or showing "disrespect" but you can bet your bottom dollar that Millwall will revel in making it overly hostile and will no doubt at some point clamber over seats to try an get at the city contigent

Yeah.

What we didn't tell you was that upon entry we're all fitted with jetpacks.

You're not safe in the top tier.

Yeah.

What we didn't tell you was that upon entry we're all fitted with jetpacks.

You're not safe in the top tier.

My point was not that you will actually get to the city fans, thugs or shirts, but intent will be shown, just to maintain that reputation :evil:

HOW DO YOU DELETE A POST IF YOU'VE HIT THE WRONG KEY BY MISTAKE?

No probs mate, some muppets at every club, including ours.

everreddy - Why should i get myself off to Iraq? Very silly comment.

...because you clearly enjoy and advocate violence: that has its place in Iraq, but not among supporters of two decent football teams!

...because you clearly enjoy and advocate violence: that has its place in Iraq, but not among supporters of two decent football teams!

It's amazing how well you know me after replying to, what, two posts on a message board :rolleyes:

In your mind, hooliganism has no place in football, but for others it does....an arguement that has gone back 40 years and is as tedious now as it no doubt was back then. People like you are never going to understand it and the people on the other side are always going to believe in what they do.

and how exactly does violence have a place in Iraq? I'm sure the women and children of that country will be delighted to know that you agree with the on going chaos over there.

Whats Taunton got to do with it? Or are you now insulting my wife as well? I am not a boy scout and in the dark and distant past I have had what I will only describe as interesting Millwall experiences.Flying milk bottles and masonary tend to be painful.

I just think that banter doesn't need to extend to insulting wives/boyfriends/whatever floats your boat.IMO that is unneccesary.

I am not in awe. I am a realist.If I do get a 'spank' as you call it then so be it.I won't be 'larging it' or looking for grief.At my age that doesn't appeal.

I am going to watch the football. No need to be insulting to me because I thought your response was OTT.

Whats Taunton got to do with it? Or are you now insulting my wife as well? I am not a boy scout and in the dark and distant past I have had what I will only describe as interesting Millwall experiences.Flying milk bottles and masonary tend to be painful.

I just think that banter doesn't need to extend to insulting wives/boyfriends/whatever floats your boat.IMO that is unneccesary.

I am not in awe. I am a realist.If I do get a 'spank' as you call it then so be it.I won't be 'larging it' or looking for grief.At my age that doesn't appeal.

I am going to watch the football. No need to be insulting to me because I thought your response was OTT.

I think you need to chill old man! I don't appreciate you feeling the need to apologise on my behalf considering he jokingly offered his misses and I jokingy refused. If you read on you will see he took the banter in good spirit and joined in, if anybody took that sort of joke as a personal insult then they really are soft.

The comment about Taunton was the usual jokey generalisation that anything South of Bristol being animal-worrier country, I never mentioned your wife.....but hey, if you have a hang-up.....

There are more than likely Millwall, City, fFrest, sad Sags, Swindlers, barfdiff and Plymuff fans there among many other teams represented.

WTF is the point of that dum@ss comment eh?

I think you need to chill old man! I don't appreciate you feeling the need to apologise on my behalf considering he jokingly offered his misses and I jokingy refused. If you read on you will see he took the banter in good spirit and joined in, if anybody took that sort of joke as a personal insult then they really are soft.

The comment about Taunton was the usual jokey generalisation that anything South of Bristol being animal-worrier country, I never mentioned your wife.....but hey, if you have a hang-up.....

No hang ups with the wife, thanks all the same!! Can't speak for her though. Let's say you meant no harm, I overreacted, but I am as defensive of Taunton as a Bristolian would be about Bristol. Just off to oil the zimmer frame for my blue rinse coach trip to see the queen.

No hang ups with the wife, thanks all the same!! Can't speak for her though. Let's say you meant no harm, I overreacted, but I am as defensive of Taunton as a Bristolian would be about Bristol. Just off to oil the zimmer frame for my blue rinse coach trip to see the queen.

No probs.....you'll find that a lot of my posts include tounge-in-cheek, sacrcastic, harmless humour!

Maybe the heat and tension of the coming weekend is getting to all of us.

Come 5.00 Saturday, I'm sure we'll all be singing from the same hymn sheet......and that wasn't a religously motivated dig at anyone! :me?:

Anyway, wouldn't you be getting a tractor upto London? :farmer:

Archived