IGNORED

City Support Worldwide

havanatopia

NTTDS is going to get the train from Bristol to Derby, where i shall pick him up from, then we are going to drive to East Midlands Airport, and fly to Prague, for a connecting flight to Singapore.

Then by ferry to Hong Kong, for another ocean going liner to Sydney, for a flight to Wellington, and another to Los Angeles.

Then by train to Chicago, then drive down to Miami, where we will swim through shark infested seas to Cuba, and after a cuba libre or 2, we will get a Fair Trade Banana boat to Cardiff for the relatively short drive to Bristol, parking up at Hotwells, and walking trough the park, to Ashton Gate!!.

:icecream:

So in brief, you're travelling with Bakers Dolphin :10_1_108:

I've just worked out that I do 6,000 Miles a Year Coming to HOME games........what do I get for that??

I know, I know

LAUGHED AT :innocent06:

A Wurzel Gummidge Greatest Hits Album.. we know u luv em really!

you blew me away with your criticism I got confused... make that a..

Wurzels greatest hits album!!

Edited by havanatopia

DEAR ALL,

Well the foreign exiles in particular.

I think it would make an interesting read to here how you finished up where you are, particularly if you started out in Bristol.If not and you started out abroad how did you start follwoing City.

Not compulsory, just an idea.

Grew up in Congresbury and Clevedon but summer lying on pebbles not really my thing unless u want pot marks on your back so upped and went to Dorset where they have sand.. warmer and kind on the skin but still not warm enough so upped and went to Cuba for the sun and... well u know all the rest of the stuff the place offers.. 8 years away and came back, largely, couple of years ago as I was missing quality third tier football. Missing the sun though and my protege Cuban City supporters who need some new City shirts who will be cheering on the team from afar.

A salsa band or cuban cheer leader girls at the pre-match for next season would be great heh? :sun:

:mafia: :mafia:

Well, so far Megan's Dad seems to have the longest journey from Singapore via New York which is an odd route, My bro seems to be second, Anguilla and also via New York into Brizzle tomorrow morning.

Anybody from Easter Island? I think that would about top it. Look out for the Anguilla Flag in the Williams Stand on Saturday...

Union Flag in top left with the rest all navy blue and a crest with golden fishes....

http://www.flags.net/images/largeflags/ANGU0001.GIF

Edited by havanatopia

Thoroughly dejected, been ill for nearly four months. Keep rebooking my flight from Sydney, but as at today my doctor and surgeon have cancelled any travel in the near future. Even tried to work a 3 hop trip with overnight stopovers.

don't get old and sick, its the final curtain . From an old paratrooper, well done to Sparkeyboy 72 and the other Bristol City lads in Afghanistan, you have my love and respect.

:goingup:

Keep your chin up mate, lets hope we can do it for you, all the best :cool2:

NTTDS is going to get the train from Bristol to Derby, where i shall pick him up from, then we are going to drive to East Midlands Airport, and fly to Prague, for a connecting flight to Singapore.

Then by ferry to Hong Kong, for another ocean going liner to Sydney, for a flight to Wellington, and another to Los Angeles.

Then by train to Chicago, then drive down to Miami, where we will swim through shark infested seas to Cuba, and after a cuba libre or 2, we will get a Fair Trade Banana boat to Cardiff for the relatively short drive to Bristol, parking up at Hotwells, and walking trough the park, to Ashton Gate!!.

:icecream:

:clapping: Do you think its worth watching the game though :whistle2:

Sorry Watford i have to put you right there, S****horpe is the end of the world. We'll be leaving about 6.30 sat morning parking up at the ground look for somewhere to get a good fry up then a few pints of the old falling down juice !!! :drunk2:

I know my place NLR. Your journey is the absolute pits. Unless of course you were going to see fine attacking wing play from:

Ray Savino and Lou Peters

Alan Skirton and Danny Bartley

Mark Gavin and Dave Smith

Scott Murray and Aaron Brown

- no your journey is the absolute pits.

I nearly bought a flat on Ashton Road once. Its the one with the entrance steps at the back and at the bottom of the steps is the Dolman ticket office. You can see the pitch from the front door and one of the bedrooms.

The ironic thing is that I didnt buy it cos it was so close to Ashton Gate. Not a problem for me, just worried about the resale.

Flying in from Guernsey - Finish my night shift saturday morning, got a couple of Blackthorns in my fridge, then off to the airport, down a few more Blackthorns in departure lounge, arrive in Brizzle, kiss the tarmac, straight to the pub and then hopefully watch my beloved City get promoted, Night out in Weston and then fly back on Sunday Morn with the mother of all hangovers. AHHHH Happy Days

DEAR ALL,

I think it would make an interesting read to here how you finished up where you are, particularly if you started out in Bristol.If not and you started out abroad how did you start follwoing City.

Do you really want to read this??....To late

Born in Guildford Surrey in 1962...Dad was a City fan and veteran of the war time Hot Wells Road blitz etc thus giving me no choice as to where my real loyalties lay...Despite the fact I was being beaten up by supporters of Chelsea/Arsenal/West Ham/Man U and other London clubs for much of my youff I was pretty much married to the City....largely because my Saturdays consisited of hauls down the M4/A4 from the age of 4 (about 1967)

Since then I have pretty much spent all available time/cash following the City home and away despite never having lived there (However my brother and his family live in Winterbourne Down now...extra info)

Married a yank in 98...and was offered a partnership in a Chicago based IT corporation in 2005 where I have lived since etc etc etc.........You asked!!!!!!!

DEAR ALL,

Followed City since the glory days of Div 4 (not) back in the mid 80's. Was a regular in the Dolman stand (never had a season ticket though) and a sprinkling of away games for about the last 10 traveling from London.

Moved to Brisbane about 2 1/2 years ago, (last home game was the 4-1 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday back in 2004)...

I guess like many of the Expats , I stay in touch with what's going on via the Internet, and to ensure that there will always be a little bit of Ashton Gate in Australia , I have just finished building my own little Red and White Bar at the back of the house, which is now full of the Usual Crap.. ;)

Believe it or not there is huge following for K'Ardiff over here, but to do date, I have yet meet a fellow Cider Red, although, the novelty factor of being English and not following one of the so called glamour clubs, has got a lot of locals looking out for our results....

Edited by City Old Boy

My bro is flying in from Anguilla to see the City promoted. Now, he comes home about once a year but this is not a scheduled visit so that, in my book, is pretty dedicated stuff.

The distance into Bristol Airport, if he could fly like a crow, would be 3,974.89 miles one way. However, he has to go via Newark which is a lot more obviously.

But, for the sake of this little bit of fun we shall leave it as the direct crow flies distance.

Is there any expat out there that can top that? If so, he/she deserves a medal.

Come on u redddssssssssssssssss.

there is no cup for coming.... :winner_third_h4h:

Irony is that he got here before his tickets. :grr:

Wonder how many air miles they clocked up?

Believe it or not there is huge following for K'Ardiff over here, but to do date, I have yet meet a fellow Cider Red, although, the novelty factor of being English and not following one of the so called glamour clubs, has got a lot of locals looking out for our results....

Only on a temp. basis, but the City contingent in Brisbane swelled by 2 last year: I was across for the cricket, and bumped into another City fan in the hostel. They are there, you just need to look a bit harder......

Flying in from Guernsey - Finish my night shift saturday morning, got a couple of Blackthorns in my fridge, then off to the airport, down a few more Blackthorns in departure lounge, arrive in Brizzle, kiss the tarmac, straight to the pub and then hopefully watch my beloved City get promoted, Night out in Weston and then fly back on Sunday Morn with the mother of all hangovers. AHHHH Happy Days

Guernsey Boy.... wazzz goinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... met u outside the burger joint with the anguilla flag.... colonialssss!!!

watch those weston wenches...

c u next season in the championship.

cheers.

Irony is that he got here before his tickets. :grr:

Wonder how many air miles they clocked up?

far too many tompo, Royal Disgrace Mail!!... thanks again and great to meet you and the other lads.. J is safely back in Anguilla now..a 4 day round trip!! just emailed me to thank me for twisting his arm to come and you as it happens.

i am sure we will catch up with a match next season.. The Valley looks tempting?