IGNORED

Player Of The Year Awards

Dave L

we can't wait for this.looking forward to it.value for money.

lets hope it will be a party night as well

I agree; it's great value for money. This is the first event of its type at Bristol City (an End of Season Review and Award Presentation Evening) and the Supporters Club and Supporters Trust were united in believing that we wanted this first event to be top notch entertainment at an affordable price. To cover costs the true price of a ticket ought to be £10 - we've kept it at £5 to encourage people to come and to offer that rare commodity in football nowadays - 'value for money'.

It's hoped costs will be covered and a profit raised for Bristol City Ability FC (a registered charity) by sales of raffle tickets. These can be bought either on the night, in the Supporters Club bar on Saturday or from Trust board members and Supporters Club committee members. Please be generous in supporting the raffle too - the prizes are definitely worth a £5 book of tickets. :)

Reminder - Tickets will also be on sale in the DEH on Saturday from about 1pm. The outlet will be near the main entrance close to the guy who sells the programmes.

If there are any left - then they will on sale after the game as well in the same place.

They will also be available from the ticket office on Tuesday.

I have to say that this is exactly the sort of event that I had hoped a Supporters' Club and Supporters' Trust would run - the sort of thing that adds value to the experience of being a City fan.

I think much credit is due to all of those who organised it - especially Milo, who seems to have been nominated to oversee it - as I'm sure it must have taken a lot of time and work to put together.

If you're dithering about whether to go, think what a great night it will be if we go up, think about what great value the tickets are at £5, and also think about showing support for events like this so that those who organize them can see the support they get and are inspired to make sure they become regular annual showpieces.

Events like this really deserve our support - but most of all, it's going to be a great evening to be at, and you'll miss out if you're not there!

It's also worth noting that although there are 1000 tickets available, there are only 300 seats in the DEH. Clearly all the East Enders and G Blockers will be more than happy to stand, but anyone who wants or needs a seat might be advised to get there early.

It's also worth noting that although there are 1000 tickets available, there are only 300 seats in the DEH. Clearly all the East Enders and G Blockers will be more than happy to stand, but anyone who wants or needs a seat might be advised to get there early.

I sit in the Dolman, so am I allowed to shuffle in a bit late, then leave ten minutes from the end making sure I walk in front of everybody and obscure their view?

Reptop, are you going to this?

RedTop had bought a ticket moments before hearing he'd earned himself a complimentary ticket as a shortlisted candidate for 'Supporter of the Year'.

There are ten supporters on the shortlist and so far 6 have confirmed that they'll be there - I'm still waiting for replies from the other 4. Having coordinated the entries I think this is one of the most hotly contested awards of the night.

Thanks to Brian for his comments above - the good thing about this event is that the Club have really helped out and sharing the jobs between the Club, Supporters Club and Trust activists has made the task manageable. It's been very much a team effort so far.

RedTop had bought a ticket moments before hearing he'd earned himself a complimentary ticket as a shortlisted candidate for 'Supporter of the Year'.

There are ten supporters on the shortlist and so far 6 have confirmed that they'll be there - I'm still waiting for replies from the other 4. Having coordinated the entries I think this is one of the most hotly contested awards of the night.

Thanks to Brian for his comments above - the good thing about this event is that the Club have really helped out and sharing the jobs between the Club, Supporters Club and Trust activists has made the task manageable. It's been very much a team effort so far.

Thanks Milo, l was hoping he would be my friend for the evening as non of my mates are City fans... I will go anyway and party on my own..

I would just like to echo Brian's comments. I was asked to host the evening, and am more than happy to do my bit to support what has been a huge amount of work by both the Supporter's Club and the Trust. It's events such as this which will help to build a community amomgst players, fans and officials.

l was hoping he would be my friend for the evening...

My turn to buy the cider, I think.... ;-)

Perhaps I should wear my super-trendy yellow jacket so you'll be able to recognise me again. It's so trendy that not even Kate Moss has been pictured in one yet. I hear they are basing the away kit on it for next season...

Just an update for those who have not got tickets yet.

They will be on sale before the game from the DEH.

Supporters Club and Trust members will also be selling them from outside of the ticket office after the game.

Bump!

Come on you lot, you know you want to. Its going to be a bloody good evening, and as Scott Murray said on tonights Radio Bristol, he isnt aware of any sort of open top bus trip round town, so this will be a chance to say thankyou to the lads for hopefully getting us promoted.

Tickets on sale before and after the game tomorrow, as Tompo said earlier.

Archived