IGNORED

Did Anyoone Not Go On The Pitch Saturday Then

bucksred

and we didnt need the brick in the bag either Dolls!" Wasnt it great? little rebels all of us! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Still, back on topic: anyone NOT on the pitch then?

I didn't, left at about 17:00. Not many others left then though. I'm sure it was great, but the real deal was the game; so wasn't too gutted.

I hate to be bah-humbug and realise that most teams that get promotion = fans on the pitch. But I really would have loved to see Gary and the players celebrating...as it was seeing all the fans was great n'all but I wanted to see the boys and how much it meant to them. I would have loved to see them all celebrating.

Last time we got promoted I'll never forget the lap of honour they did, us fans didn't see it this time and I do feel quite annoyed about that.

I don't know how the club could stop it though and my partner supports Man City and last time they got promoted not one person ran on the pitch...ditto Sunderland today and probably many other teams. I don't want to sound like a square stop all the fun kinda person, because I'm not, I just love my boys and wanted to feel part of the celebrations without having to run on the pitch. Just had to say my piece, whatever happens I'm over the moon about promotion...

I hate to be bah-humbug and realise that most teams that get promotion = fans on the pitch. But I really would have loved to see Gary and the players celebrating...as it was seeing all the fans was great n'all but I wanted to see the boys and how much it meant to them. I would have loved to see them all celebrating.

Last time we got promoted I'll never forget the lap of honour they did, us fans didn't see it this time and I do feel quite annoyed about that.

You do realise that Gary Johnson, Steve Lansdown and all the players came back out to the directors box afterwards? Gary and Steve both gave speeches and the players were all joining in with the singing, a couple of them even started some chants on the microphone. They all looked VERY happy. :city:

Personally invading the pitch no longer appeals to me like it once did. Maybe thats to do with maturity. I didn't need to be on the pitch to enjoy the celebrations.

To be honest nothing will ever beat the feelings of reaching the old First Division on that night in 1976. That memory wil stay with me for ever.

Edited by Robbored

You do realise that Gary Johnson, Steve Lansdown and all the players came back out to the directors box afterwards? Gary and Steve both gave speeches and the players were all joining in with the singing, a couple of them even started some chants on the microphone. They all looked VERY happy. :city:

Yes I did see that (and tried to hear despite the lack of quality PA system!) but its still not the same as seeing the team go mad when the final whistle goes...thats what I missed out on. If you read the papers and website GJ made it very clear he did not want the fans on the pitch... no one respected that.

I was on the pitch in 76 and now in 07. This time out of consideration to the Groundsman and his turf I wore trainers.

As for being an immature yougster; I am a grand father and definitely in the second half of my life. I am now ahead of the game though. In my lifetime City have now been promoted 7 times, but only relegated 6 therefore I'm ahead of the game!

I was on the pitch in 76 and now in 07. This time out of consideration to the Groundsman and his turf I wore trainers.

As for being an immature yougster; I am a grand father and definitely in the second half of my life. I am now ahead of the game though. In my lifetime City have now been promoted 7 times, but only relegated 6 therefore I'm ahead of the game!

I got a handful of the Ashton Gate 2007 promotion turf that I've now planted in my garden. :icecream:

• SC&T Board Members
Yes I did see that (and tried to hear despite the lack of quality PA system!) but its still not the same as seeing the team go mad when the final whistle goes...thats what I missed out on. If you read the papers and website GJ made it very clear he did not want the fans on the pitch... no one respected that.

Come off it - do you think those were really GJ's words? The club were just going through the motions so they were seen to be doing the right thing from a health and safety point of view.

If they had really not wanted fans on the pitch, would they have instructed all of stewards to open the gates to the pitch on the final whistle and stand aside to allow fans on ... as they all did?

Would they also have lined up a minibus to ferry the team from behind the Atyeo to the back of the Williams? Which they did.

The club fully expected a celebratory pitch invasion and, I dare say, were delighted to see so many happy fans on the pitch ... none of the players seemed in much of hurry to get off either!

It was a big party - one of those symbiotic moments between fans and players ... if you can't appreciate that, maybe you should be going to the theatre for your entertainment and not to football.

If you want to see the players go mad then watch the videos of the goals again. Promotion and surviving relagation dramatically are the only times when I feel its acceptable to go on the pitch and I made the most of that on Saturday. Besides, who wants to see a few dozen blokes hug each other when you can watch thousands of your fellow fans go mental?

Personally invading the pitch no longer appeals to me like it once did. Maybe thats to do with maturity. I didn't need to be on the pitch to enjoy the celebrations.

To be honest nothing will ever beat the feelings of reaching the old First Division on that night in 1976. That memory wil stay with me for ever.

Official confirmation of your old fartness if ever it was needed.

Do you enjoy having the pi*s ripped out off you or is it just something you've come to expect after a life time of it what with being ginger?

I'm glad you enjoyed '76. Why though do you attempt to undermine those of '07 with your patronising and predictably tw*tlike comment?

You really are a pr*ck.

Edited by WTFiGO!?!

Personally invading the pitch no longer appeals to me like it once did. Maybe thats to do with maturity.

What a pathetic, pigheaded stupid statement, even coming from you.

I can assure you, that maturity has nothing to do with it.

Spirit, passion, joy, and having a pulse was more likely a cause.

I don't know how the club could stop it though and my partner supports Man City and last time they got promoted not one person ran on the pitch...ditto Sunderland today and probably many other teams. I don't want to sound like a square stop all the fun kinda person, because I'm not, I just love my boys and wanted to feel part of the celebrations without having to run on the pitch. Just had to say my piece, whatever happens I'm over the moon about promotion...

What you saying, Chief?

I saw Orr and McCoome celebrating better than ever I would from some artificicially enduced authority controlled 'lap of honour'.

Mate, the ginger tos*er talks of '76 patronisingly with his bizarre egotistically designed mind games. I will never forget the energy generated by the swarm of The People onto th pitch yesterday. I very much doubt Bradley will either.

I got a handful of the Ashton Gate 2007 promotion turf that I've now planted in my garden. :icecream:

Same here RG. I noticed three small bits of the centre spot turf were lying loose, so I picked up one and brought it home.

As for those H&S minded people, I walked onto the pitch through the gate the Steward held open for us. No wall and/or railings as in 65, 76 and 90.

bucks mate, I wasn't on the pitch and I'm still GUTTED (doctors orders to take it easy). But well done to all those that did go on. Looked orrsome from the Dolman.

Sir Colby, sorry to hear you weren't well enough for the pitch invasion and I wish you a speedy recovery. As I predicted last week nothing stopped me, as one of the maddest of the BCFC Mad March Hares, haring across the pitch yesterday. I was bedecked in my subcider yellow marigolds when that final whistle blew. :winner_third_h4h:

Dolly Marie as Alice in Wonderland hypothesises.......

"The March Hare will be much the most interesting, and perhaps as this is May and City have gained promotion he won't be raving mad -- at least not so mad as he was in March when promotion wasn't so sure."

25mad_tea_party.jpg

that's a subtle way of admitting your getting old ;)

....more like bloody miserable!!!

I'm nearly 40, my three friends are all late thirties and early forties, we would consider ourselves 'mature',

and yes we were on that pitch like greyhounds!!! :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2:

YOU POMPOUS GREAT ####!!!

I'm more than happy to be immature at 46! To stand singing away in the centre circle at the end was great fun.