IGNORED

Idiots On The Pitch

foghornred

:going up: I know that this will not be popular as there were thousands of you,but were you one of the idiots who ran onto the pitch ?

Do you remember City's celebrations after winning the LDV at the millennium stadium ?

Do you remember watching City sit and watch Southend's celebrations last season ?

Did you see Milan's celebrations after beating Man Utd last week ?

Did you see Sunderland celebrating their return to the premiership today ?

We were deprived of seeing our team celebrate because people decided to run onto the pitch and spoil the players and other supporters celebrations.Even though Gary Johnson had asked us not to go onto the pitch and let the team celebrate.

Looking back do you think that running onto the pitch was the right thing to do ?

:going up: I know that this will not be popular as there were thousands of you,but were you one of the idiots who ran onto the pitch ?

Do you remember City's celebrations after winning the LDV at the millennium stadium ?

Do you remember watching City sit and watch Southend's celebrations last season ?

We were deprived of seeing our team celebrate because people decided to run onto the pitch and spoil the players and other supporters celebrations.Even though Gary Johnson had asked us not to go onto the pitch and let the team celebrate.

Looking back do you think that running onto the pitch was the right thing to do ?

yes I do and no one would stop 19000 city fans running on!!

Go away mate and don't rush back, you wasn't deprived of seeing the players celebrate because they done it in front of us in the directors box and most the players loved us running on what would they of thought if all we done was just sat in our seats and clapped

Oh dear... near enough everyone was on the pitch, and i don't see GJ, or SL complaining.

Ive only been on the pitch after yesterday and H'pool..

I have always been sceptical as to whether the experience was overated, whether the players really wanted us too etc.

I wasnt going to bother, until the 91st minute when Bradley Orr signalled to the fans on pitchside to ''Come and get me''..

Made my mind up, the players loved it, the fans loved it.

It was a fantastic experience and spectical, as the pictures show.

The players were mobbed as heros, they wont forget that.

When else are we are fans going to get the chance to show our jubilation and thanks?

Idiots?

No.

Jealous?

Yes, you are.

I was one of those 'idiots' on the pitch and I would not have missed those celebrations for anything. Hero Bradley Orr - a top bloke held aloft by units of the BCFC Red Army - SHEER QUALITY !!!!!!!!!!!! :englandflag: I love this club - I'm truely proud to be BCFC, Bristolian and English. :englandflag:

Super City

I agree, for the few people that got something out of going on the pitch, so many of us missed out on seeing our team celebrate! Seeing how it was done at Sunderland today I was totally gutted!!

It was at Luton though, you cant exactly invade an oppositions ground.

I too thought the club did everything right yesterday. The build up music was right for a change, loud enough to sing to but still could chat to mates etc.

The 'stay off the pitch' was never going to happen, and everyone was let on and encouraged to do so from what I saw. The players and club were united as one which is how it should be on such emotional occasions.

And how come if it wasn't expected/planned there was a microphone conveniently handy in the directors box for makeshift speeches!!!

Like i said, i think the club got it spot on and there are no complaints from me!

I have to say that I do agree. Maybe its because I was in Row z of Block A dolman stand and had no chance of running down in time to celebrate with the boys. Gary Johnson was all poised with the lads to run on and celebrate with the players, and he couldn't even get that far to do it.

It would have meant so much more to me if I could have seen a proper celebration with all the lads and the manager. When thousands of fans run on the pitch thats all you can see and its hard to spot even one player in amongst it all. Its a selfish act and only okay if you can get near one player. Even if I did run on the pitch I would be lucky to see more than one player during that time. It just frustrates me that I didn't have the same elation and celebration that I normally have over a winning game that doesn't mean as much as this.

Last time we went up I'll never forget the celebrations and presentations on the pitch. If (and hopefully when) it happens again then I want to see and feel part of it.

I'm just so pleased I made it to college green today, that more than made up for it.

The club always have to try to prevent it and then condemn it otherwise the FA would punish them.

If club officials were allowed to be honest they're as much in favour of it as the fans. What pictures do you think the telly showed to sum up the fact that City had been promoted? That's right, thousands of City fans streaming onto the pitch. It's what the game is all about and EVERYBODY (bar you apparently) knows that.

I too have only been on the pitch twice, once against Hartlepool and yesterday.

I'm not the sort to just go on the pitch because it's the end of the season, to me it's more special if you do it on the really memorable occasions. Against Hartlepool it was completely spontaneous, I didn't plan to but as soon as I saw other people doing it, I said to my partner "come on" and ran down from Williams block E.

Yesterday I planned to if we went up, but that didn't make it less special - I knew that everyone else was going to do it right at the whistle. To delay would have lost that special moment.

To me, sitting in the stands clapping as the players walk around isn't all that special. Running on to applaud them and celebrate with people you don't know is.

(And you have 90 minutes to see them on the pitch)

Did you go down to college green today (vicar) the players were still celebrating. After 8 yrs of league one, you would have enjoyed being on the holy turf. and i got some turf in a pot, so when it spreads, i can do a lap of honour around my garden.

As I just posted on another thread, if you were patient and stayed long enough you would have seen that Gary Johnson and the players DID celebrate with the fans. They all came out to the directors box, Gary Johnson and Steve Lansdown both gave speeches and the players were all drinking and singing. If that's not celebrating then I don't know what is.

Did you go down to college green today (vicar) the players were still celebrating. After 8 yrs of league one, you would have enjoyed being on the holy turf. and i got some turf in a pot, so when it spreads, i can do a lap of honour around my garden.

Sorry Robins didn't mean to use your post.

Oh my god u sad sod just enjoy what we achieved and let the fans who ran on the pitch (me included) do what they want and run on the hallowed turf to celebrate one or our greatest days

Considering that the Police had cleared off with 10 mins to go............

showed that even the Old Bill were NOT going to stop the fans from running onto the pitch on the final whistle.

And even the Ref knew what was going to happen, so the Officials were near the tunnel when it all went mad!!.

And no matter whether you are pro invading, or anti invading the pitch..........

Was it not a great sight to see!!.

And even the Rotherham fans were celebrating with us!!.

:city:

I was one of those 'idiots' on the pitch and I would not have missed those celebrations for anything. Hero Bradley Orr - a top bloke held aloft by units of the BCFC Red Army - SHEER QUALITY !!!!!!!!!!!! :englandflag: I love this club - I'm truely proud to be BCFC, Bristolian and English. :englandflag:

Super City

with about 5 mins to go bradley was telling us to ignore the announcement and come on the pitch. i didnt until they got in the directors box but i don't blame anyone.

what a great day i love this club

I am so envious of that little kid in the video who is led onto the pitch between his mum (in green) and his dad (in red). What a memory to have.

I know what you mean mate. Had my 6 year old son on my shoulders and we were over by the players tunnel. He loved it, seeing all the players coming through the crowd being one with the fans.

He also went along today with his 3 year old brother and they had their photo taken with Basso (his hero). Basso was magic with them both really touched them both. They haven't stopped talking about him all day.

They also had a photo with the 2 Johnson boys who were again mint and got a nice personal autograph from Enoch.

Very proud of everyone connected with BCFC.

I have to say that I do agree. Maybe its because I was in Row z of Block A dolman stand and had no chance of running down in time to celebrate with the boys.

I'm just so pleased I made it to college green today, that more than made up for it.

Are you an invalid?

How long does it take to walk down some steps?

Go down them 2 mins before the final whistle perhaps?

No offence but if that placid 'celebration' on College Green today excited you I'm suprised you made it the final whistle without fainting from giddyness.

I was one of those idiots!

best experience in my short 8 years following the club. The photos and videos of everyone streaming onto the pitch remind me of how overwhelming it felt. To me, that's what football's about. It would have been such a non-event if everyone stayed in their seats!

Cheers tio Grebes for posting up my video into this thread - I'm glad I took it cos people seem to quie enjoy it!! Anyway, if you see the way Bradley Orr (bottom right) turns and runs to the fans, you can see that this WAS their celebration and was special BECAUSE it was different!

I didn't feel the need to run onto the pitch at the fina whistle but how good did it make me feel watching not just 11 but thousands celebrating on the pitch!?!?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=2027378828

with about 5 mins to go bradley was telling us to ignore the announcement and come on the pitch. i didnt until they got in the directors box but i don't blame anyone.

what a great day i love this club

Bradley Orr is a true showman and I was extremely impressed with his attitude yesterday as he celebrated our promotion with us as the supporters of this great club. :winner_third_h4h:

Bradly Orr - top bloke and good on you mate for not being afraid to celebrate with us. :clapping:

Archived