IGNORED

Idiots On The Pitch

foghornred

• SC&T Board Members
:going up: I know that this will not be popular as there were thousands of you,but were you one of the idiots who ran onto the pitch ?

Do you remember City's celebrations after winning the LDV at the millennium stadium ?

Do you remember watching City sit and watch Southend's celebrations last season ?

Did you see Milan's celebrations after beating Man Utd last week ?

Did you see Sunderland celebrating their return to the premiership today ?

We were deprived of seeing our team celebrate because people decided to run onto the pitch and spoil the players and other supporters celebrations.Even though Gary Johnson had asked us not to go onto the pitch and let the team celebrate.

Looking back do you think that running onto the pitch was the right thing to do ?

I hope this is a wind-up. If not, I feel sorry for you.

PS - If you went to your first game in 1968, how come it took you until 1991 to become a fan?

:going up: I know that this will not be popular as there were thousands of you,but were you one of the idiots who ran onto the pitch ?

Do you remember City's celebrations after winning the LDV at the millennium stadium ?

Do you remember watching City sit and watch Southend's celebrations last season ?

We were deprived of seeing our team celebrate because people decided to run onto the pitch and spoil the players and other supporters celebrations.Even though Gary Johnson had asked us not to go onto the pitch and let the team celebrate.

Looking back do you think that running onto the pitch was the right thing to do ?

Very unpopular view by very select bunch of very selfish people, great for the kids who wanted to run on, but I know a few of the old timers who were gutted they didn't get to really cheer on the players...........personally

looking back at yesterday and comparing it to the Walsall game when we last got promoted I know what I prefer.

The last promotion - the players went off, then came back on 1 by 1 to receive individual applause from the fans, they did a lap of honour, wardy said a few things on the mic and then everyone piled on.......yesterday, everyone piled on right away, then all we got to see a few of players from a distance in the box, pants

as for the council house thing, exactly the same as boring as last promotion but without Greg Goodridge and a pair of comedy breasts

Very unpopular view by very select bunch of very selfish people, great for the kids who wanted to run on, but I know a few of the old timers who were gutted they didn't get to really cheer on the players...........personallu

looking back at yesterday and comparing it to the Walsall game when we last got promoted I know what I prefer.

The last promotion - the players went off, then came back on 1 by 1 to receive individual applause from the fans, they did a lap of honour, wardy said a few things on the mic and then everyone piled on.......yesterday, everyone piled on right away, then all we got to see a few of players from a distance in the box, pants

as for the council house thing, exactly the same as boring as last promotion but without Greg Goodridge and a pair of comedy breasts

...as sure as night follows day.

Yep, we're selfish.

As are the people who smoke in our faces at games.

Tough life aint it.

Very unpopular view by very select bunch of very selfish people, great for the kids who wanted to run on, but I know a few of the old timers who were gutted they didn't get to really cheer on the players...........personally

We didn't have to wait 8 long years between the previous relegation and promotion. This Division Three era featured:

An unpopular bombastic manager

A triumverate of hope

A one hit wonder manager with a "four year plan" and cash to burn

Players who could con the fans, but not themselves

A play-off final defeat

A club legend who became villified as manager through lack of real support

The appointment of a manager who's a proven winner

The club on it's knees following extra curricular events

Rebirth

A team of real winners

Promotion

Having endured this recent history, isn't it any wonder that the outpouring of emotion, born of promotion meant that our fans couldn't contain themselves from running onto the pitch?

Who are you calling selfish?

I hope this is a wind-up. If not, I feel sorry for you.

PS - If you went to your first game in 1968, how come it took you until 1991 to become a fan?

I was wondering the same.

The players coming out in the directors' box was clearly pre-planned by the club all along and was reminiscent of the 1976 promotion-winning game against Portsmouth, the '86 Freight Rover Trophy win over Hereford and my personal favourite, the victory at Chester in '84 when we secured promotion from division 4.

The club, it's officials, stewards and even the police clearly had no problem with us going on the pitch. And we were able to enjoy an emotional celebration with the players & management.

I think that would be a fairly unanimous approval then for the pitch invasion. Apart from one.

I was wondering the same.

The players coming out in the directors' box was clearly pre-planned by the club all along and was reminiscent of the 1976 promotion-winning game against Portsmouth, the '86 Freight Rover Trophy win over Hereford and my personal favourite, the victory at Chester in '84 when we secured promotion from division 4.

The club, it's officials, stewards and even the police clearly had no problem with us going on the pitch. And we were able to enjoy an emotional celebration with the players & management.

I think that would be a fairly unanimous approval then for the pitch invasion. Apart from one.

i was in approval....i guess that makes me an idiot.

stewards didn't even do anything when people were lined up on the goal line at the East End

what a celebration!!

I know the players wanted to do the lap of honour but I think the huge pitch invasion at the end was the ultimate expression of relief and happiness after so many years and so many oh-so-nears!

It was the start of one huge celebration and fans still got the chance to celebrate with the players from the Director's Box and then the tour today.

I say CCTV footage should be examined and all those found to be invading the pitch yesterday should be banned for life....

FFS. Get a life.

Or is this one of them robboredesque wind up posts? In which case, get a life also.

city03_470x350.jpg

Bang on photograph, Chief. I actually have this transparent salty substance running down my face right now :blush: . If one feels the need to call me an idiot for yesterday then so be it...

PA: ''The fourth and final substitution for Bristol City this afternoon, entering the field of play, please raise a hand for the Twelth Man...''

:clap:

• Admin

Invaders of the pitch are selfish in denying others "their" preferred method of celebration but those who wanted everyone to stay in the stands and deny those who wanted to celebrate as one with the players on the pitch are NOT selfish? How does that work?

"Very select bunch"? Look at the photos again, it was very quickly the VAST majority of the stadium on the pitch.

No, I didn't go onto the pitch until it was clear that the half the stadium had already gone on.

Are you an invalid?

How long does it take to walk down some steps?

Go down them 2 mins before the final whistle perhaps?

No offence but if that placid 'celebration' on College Green today excited you I'm suprised you made it the final whistle without fainting from giddyness.

I went on the pitch. Loved it. I went to the "placid celebration" at College Green... Loved it just as much. Particularly once Nobes got going!

We've just had the best thing happen to this football club in the last ten years and still a few (albeit minority) miserable sods have got to find something to moan about. Looking at these posts it seems that 19,400 people (including the 200 Rotherham fans) had a good day on Saturday leaving 100 or so old farts who can think of nothing better than to criticise others instead of enjoying the moment and simply because they didn't get their own way. Lighten up.

No I was one of the idiots who walked on to the pitch and enjoyed 30 odd minutes walking around the hallowed turf chatting to fellow fans, it was the first time I had been on the pitch since april 1976. sorry to spoil your fun but I and a few thousand other people had a great time

Yes i ran on the pitch and loved every second of it, and wouldn't want to change what i did. It's part of the fun and makes the memory all the more special because of the celebrations. I wouldn't regard myself as an idiot for doing it and neither would the thousands of others who did it,it's just something slightly different rather than clapping in the stands like I do every other game of the season.

Everyone who went on the pitch,well done on making it an even more memorable day.

I can confirm that after the initail charge and a few minutes sat in reflection in my beloved Eastend I did walk onto the pitch, :o turn and applaud the Rotherham fans stroll up to the front of the Williams and witness the team and management in total extacsy; I am guilty of encrochment onto the playing area and await my sentence.

Of course it was the right thing to do.

Football fans are a passionate bunch and that pitch invasion was a result of years of pent up frustration being released.

Another thing foghornred, if you were a City player, what memory would you prefer to have?

a) Walking round an empty pitch being applauded by your fans.

b) Being hoisted onto the fans shoulders and paraded like a hero.

Did you not see Bradley Orr-Some pleading with the fans to get on the pitch? These are the experiences that will stay with the players for life.

Bet you're the life and soul of the party.

The fans were never just going to patiently wait for a lap of celebration, not matter how "sensible" it may have appeared in theory. What happened was a spontaneous release of emotion following so many false hopes. It was great. I watched it, with great pleasure from the middle of the Dolman. To see so many supporters in one huge display of elation was something I shall not forget. After a few minutes I was also down there with them to see and (almost) hear the lads in appear in the directors box. I can't really imagine it happening any other way. Just check out the last few photos on the "Promotion Video". http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79821

Brilliant, just brilliant! Enjoy, 'cause believe me it doesn't happen too often!!

I quote bradley orr when he was next to me on the pitch "You Guys Are ###### brilliant" then he started singing the reds are going up. Whilst being on someones shoulders.

I have a video on my mobile that i will try to put on youtube, of orr with a massive smile on his face, Hugging every city fan in sight.

Now if he didnt want that to happen do you think he would of done all that?

Also Gary sent fontiane back to get Orr, but orr still took a big while to get back to the dressing room.

don't call people idiots for how they like to enjoy themselves. Maybe your a idiot for not doing what 18000 people did on saturday

Cheers tio Grebes for posting up my video into this thread - I'm glad I took it cos people seem to quie enjoy it!! Anyway, if you see the way Bradley Orr (bottom right) turns and runs to the fans, you can see that this WAS their celebration and was special BECAUSE it was different!

I didn't feel the need to run onto the pitch at the fina whistle but how good did it make me feel watching not just 11 but thousands celebrating on the pitch!?!?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=2027378828

Thanks for taking that video mate. I just sent the link to one of my best mates - a Forest fan!!!!

The fans were never just going to patiently wait for a lap of celebration, not matter how "sensible" it may have appeared in theory. What happened was a spontaneous release of emotion following so many false hopes. It was great. I watched it, with great pleasure from the middle of the Dolman. To see so many supporters in one huge display of elation was something I shall not forget. After a few minutes I was also down there with them to see and (almost) hear the lads in appear in the directors box. I can't really imagine it happening any other way. Just check out the last few photos on the "Promotion Video". http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79821

Brilliant, just brilliant! Enjoy, 'cause believe me it doesn't happen too often!!

Well said Frenchay Red. I didn't feel the need myself to go on the pitch, as I had a good view of the players tunnel from Atyeo block C. But the scenes were really moving and the smiles on the players faces as they left the pitch showed how they felt. I didn't get to see them in the Directors box as I had to catch the train back to the Big Smoke, but I could hear the cheers as I walked down the road. As the banner said "Mission Accomplished" and that's all that mattered. FANTASTIC DAY!!

I would agree with this IF we had won the title and picking up the trophy for league 1

therefore players needing to get on a podeom to lift that trophy and do a lap of honour

well we didn't do that we were 2nd, nothing for the players to collect but just applause and

pat on the backs, scenes not seen at ashton gate in a long, long time and a lot of emotion being

let loose, just enjoy the moment of promotion.

I enjoyed being a idiot on the pitch.

Invaders of the pitch are selfish in denying others "their" preferred method of celebration but those who wanted everyone to stay in the stands and deny those who wanted to celebrate as one with the players on the pitch are NOT selfish? How does that work?

"Very select bunch"? Look at the photos again, it was very quickly the VAST majority of the stadium on the pitch.

No, I didn't go onto the pitch until it was clear that the half the stadium had already gone on.

just that looking back at the last promotion season and the walsall game, I prefereed the atmosphere of that day than on saturday when the players came back out gave the lap of honour and then everyone piled on,

I also went on the pitch in the end because it was the only way of seeing what was going on in the Directors Box

personally I felt rather deflated at the end because didn't really get to see the players celebrate a well earned promotion apart from at the back of the stand, just felt it worked better the last time, but hey the kids are happy so who cares :disapointed2se:

Correct me if I'm wrong but werent there 3 pitch invasions BEFORE the final whistle Vs Walsall!?!?

That was a brilliant day though - I remember the players alson coming into the directors' box that day too...

Its messages like this that really annoy me.

1, as stated plenty of times on here, the officials had to say that. The players wanted to be carried off as heroes just as much as the fans wanted to do it!

2, my dad has a broken leg, so had to watch from the Atyeo. Was he upset that he didnt see a "lap of honour"?? ....No, his answer was "as far as football is concerned, that was the greatest moment of his life"

Get a grip sunshine, the pitch invasion looked, and was, awesome

you must have been the old geezer sat behind me moaning about us standing up cause were going up. If you go on the city web site and read the player comments you will read the player saying they loved being up in the box looking down at the fans also johnson knew the fans were going on the pitch and always had a plan B

Archived