IGNORED

The Official Good Luck Lincoln Thread...

Andy082005

IF YOU'RE A SAGHEAD YOU AINT GOT ANY RED FRIENDS.

Oh yea.....ummmmm i think i got about a dozen good mates that are red...not counting family and they,re a bit more down to earth matey,you did yourselves proud with sending jamie to cardiff etc don't let yourselves down eh ?

Guest Topman
firstly, we are not "friends" as you like to call it. Bridges may have been built with the whole Jamie Cooper fund raiser , but friends with your lot, we shall never be. Your clubs poor attempt to "rub in" the victory over us on your official website and constant pathetic comments from players such as Steve Phillips will stop any REAL bridges being built.

Am I bitter? nope!! am I still bitter about losing to your lot? not a chance!

I am however, fed up of Rovers constantly getting away with things that our club, and many others for that matter, would not get away with...to name a few

1, Invading the pitch and trying to attack City fans at the local derby! When we done that a few years back down the Gate against your lot, did we not get a massive fine and suspended points deduction!!

2, The whole Stockport postponement fiasco!! hmmm funny how my Sunday morning game, AND my Saturday game at Fry's was on that weekend!! Yet a club with proffesional ground staff couldnt get the game on.... 3 days before the area final!

3, the thuggish attack on innocent Swindon fans. Yet again, nothing mentioned! City have trouble at Forest, surprise surprise.....its in the paper

Its nowt personal against you as a person, I'm not saying I dislike YOU, I just could never bring myself to wish your sorry excuse of a football club luck!!

Come on Lincoln!! Do us all favour.....

Oh dear oh dear you really just cant get over losing to us can you!!

Guest Topman
If the sags do get to Wembely it could be a double distinction for them this season, the last team to lose an English final at Cardiff and the heaveiest defeat in Wembelys very short history now wouldn't that be a shame :whistle: . On a less bitter note I hope Lincoln progress to the final for Jamie McCoombe, a fantastic capture from the imps so it's only fair they should get some success.

As far as their gloating goes in the paintpot cup let them have their 15 mins of fame we have the knowledge we are a quality side over a full season in fact the second best team in the league ABOVE them also having beaten a team a leauge above us and holding a prem side twice in the FA cup. So to the poor sad sags look at the fact we are the best in Bristol

So if you are the best in the Bristol why did the scores read 0-0 and 1-0 to the gas then ??????????

Guest Topman
Well, I have to say, as much as I dislike the Blue Quarter (cant say half, they don't have that many fans) of Bristol, Ive always been one, that when it comes to them and the big occasions, Ive always wished family and friends that support them luck. Even after the JPT Final, I thought to myself "I'll bite my tongue, I wouldnt like getting stick if we co*k up on the big stage".....I kept quiet, I even said fair play on their performance that day and they were unlucky.

HOWEVER, after the reaction of the Sagheads I work with after we lost to Millwall, and including all the stick Ive taken this season (they really are a bitter, bitter mob arnt they) I really, really hope that they now bomb out completely in the play-offs.

All the crap they spout, half of them care more about City failing then themselves actually doing well!! all of Steve Phillips pathetic, bitter comments and actions!! their pikey fans invading the pitch against the City, not to celebrate....but to try to cause trouble!! The pathetic comments on their website after they did beat us, i.e "Rovers proving they are the number one team in Bristol" and "Gary Johnson walks the walk of shame".

All noted in my little red and white brain.

Now come on Lincoln!! Do us all a favour and really make this the perfect end to a perfect season and knock this rabble out of the play-offs!!

COOOOOOOOOME OOOOOOOOOOON YOU IMPS!! :goingup:

I am sad that you feel that way and really sorry that all gasheads seem to make you feel 'unhappy' But you miss some important points

Within in every club there are different 'sections' of supporters - 'mindless' who have NOT got a brain and make football a sport NOT to follow by their stupid actions / 'fairweather floaters' - who only come out when it suits them / 'moaners' - who don't support the team but just go there to hand out verbal abuse' and the 'true' supporters who follow the team 'week in week out'/ will always support a team whatever their league position etc etc Finally the last section of 'chavs' (which you are NOT) who on every forum want to write rubbish and swear words

On the Rovers forum I will happily 'post' with many City supporters but then there are others who only want to make cheap jibes to provoke just as they would at match (along as they can hide behind someone else probably!)

So as a Rovers supporter for over 40 years how I do I feel at present?

I am pleased for Bristol that BOITH clubs have had some successes this season

Did I want City to go up? Yes from a 'City' perspective - No because of our 'rvialry'

Did I enjoy beating City in the JPT of course - but on form and league position this was a one off

Do I think SP is a good keeper - without doubt - more than anyone he has got us into the playoffs

Do most City supporters still consider him to be good? I suspect yes - why else would they continue to bang on about him even now!

Do I like GJ? No because when he loses he always has an excuse and paid us NO credit for the wins over you PT may or may not get us promotion this year or next year but he like Russell Slade is both diplomatic and talented -GJ needs some lessons in the summer from them

Would I as a Rovers fan buy a ticket to watch City in the hope that they would lose an important game (as suggested by one of yor other posters) NO

Finally you obviously deserve your promotion (statistics prove it) so well done on that I only hope that all those City fans (in their hundreds if not thousands) who were quickly on the 'sack GJ' bandwagon not so long ago improve their football understanding I for one had no doubt that he would be successful even if he really does get right up my nose!!

Oh dear oh dear you really just cant get over losing to us can you!!

more like your club and fans have such a lack of ambition that, no matter what you achieve this season, beating us is your highlight.

Yeah it was disappointing to lose to you of course it was, its a derby, but I'm certainly not struggling to "get over it" like you say.

Whether we had beat you 5-0 on the night, Id still be saying the same thing. I hope you get stuffed, so you can all crawl back into what ever hole you lot keep coming out of.

You have nothing on us! Ok, 1-0! big whoop! one Saghead in work, all he can come back with now is "Bristol City 1982 blah blah blah"

Championship! thats all that matters!

I am sad that you feel that way and really sorry that all gasheads seem to make you feel 'unhappy' But you miss some important points

Within in every club there are different 'sections' of supporters - 'mindless' who have NOT got a brain and make football a sport NOT to follow by their stupid actions / 'fairweather floaters' - who only come out when it suits them / 'moaners' - who don't support the team but just go there to hand out verbal abuse' and the 'true' supporters who follow the team 'week in week out'/ will always support a team whatever their league position etc etc Finally the last section of 'chavs' (which you are NOT) who on every forum want to write rubbish and swear words

On the Rovers forum I will happily 'post' with many City supporters but then there are others who only want to make cheap jibes to provoke just as they would at match (along as they can hide behind someone else probably!)

Did I want City to go up? Yes from a 'City' perspective - No because of our 'rvialry'

Did I enjoy beating City in the JPT of course - but on form and league position this was a one off

Do I think SP is a good keeper - without doubt - more than anyone he has got us into the playoffs

Do most City supporters still consider him to be good? I suspect yes - why else would they continue to bang on about him even now!

Do I like GJ? No because when he loses he always has an excuse and paid us NO credit for the wins over you PT may or may not get us promotion this year or next year but he like Russell Slade is both diplomatic and talented -GJ needs some lessons in the summer from them

Would I as a Rovers fan buy a ticket to watch City in the hope that they would lose an important game (as suggested by one of yor other posters) NO

Finally you obviously deserve your promotion (statistics prove it) so well done on that I only hope that all those City fans (in their hundreds if not thousands) who were quickly on the 'sack GJ' bandwagon not so long ago improve their football understanding I for one had no doubt that he would be successful even if he really does get right up my nose!!

Blah blah blah...

Blah blah blah...

Can we not get teletext on this site please?

A great post Topman, 100% agree.

Guest Topman
Blah blah blah...

Blah blah blah...

Can we not get teletext on this site please?

Are you sure that is not BAA BAA BAA? Sorry it was a long post and I used words with more than four letters! Must try harder next time at school

Chav boy

Do I like GJ? No because when he loses he always has an excuse and paid us NO credit for the wins over you

The wins??? oh yes a draw against a team like city also counts as a win dosn't it, sorry forgot.

Come on Lincoln, shut this twerp up and win me a tenner!

You know, Ihad forgotten the Sags Beat us,

There has been so much excitement over the past few weeks, and it all started with Paul Heffernan scoreing in the JPT final,.

From there things just got better and better for City Fans, LONG MAY IT CONTINUE.

COME ON LINCOLN.

So if you are the best in the Bristol why did the scores read 0-0 and 1-0 to the gas then ??????????

We are the best in Bristol because over 46 LEAGUE MATCHES in a HIGHER LEAGUE we attained AUTOMATIC PROMOTION whereas you gained a play off spot in the Fourth Division. Why did we draw TWICE with Middlesbrough (who beat Chelsea at the Riverside) then? By your twisted and unfathomable logic that makes us the third best team in the whole country behind Manchester United and Bristol Rovers.

Cup success does not make you a great team. Performances week-in and week-out over eight months do. We are also a team that competes EVERY SINGLE WEEK (we only took one two goal defeat in the whole season against all opposition and only conceded more than two goals in a league game once). Contrast that level of performance with your own teams fortunes this season. And that, quite simply, explains why we are clearly the best football team in Bristol.

We are the best in Bristol because over 46 LEAGUE MATCHES in a HIGHER LEAGUE we attained AUTOMATIC PROMOTION whereas you gained a play off spot in the Fourth Division. Why did we draw TWICE with Middlesbrough (who beat Chelsea at the Riverside) then? By your twisted and unfathomable logic that makes us the third best team in the whole country behind Manchester United and Bristol Rovers.

Cup success does not make you a great team. Performances week-in and week-out over eight months do. We are also a team that competes EVERY SINGLE WEEK (we only took one two goal defeat in the whole season against all opposition and only conceded more than two goals in a league game once). Contrast that level of performance with your own teams fortunes this season. And that, quite simply, explains why we are clearly the best football team in Bristol.

Have some of that! Good post :tongue:

Fair shout. I've always had respect for Rovers, given that they are fellow Bristolians who support their team rather than the glory boys of the premiership. Being City first and Bristol second, I've always wanted any Bristolian team to do well.

And every Rovers fan I've met face to face has been a top bloke.

However this season in particular, despite the war hero bring the communities theoretically closer together I've increasingly noticed that Rovers fans are more bitter and twisted than ever before.

Every set of fans has idiots, but yours seem either more numerous (which is ironic given your 'massive' fan base) or voiciferous.

There are so many fans out there who take more relish in City faltering than Rovers achieving. It's just sad and bitter.

So many fans who accuse City fans of being glory boys when your own attendances are pathetic and then miraculous at the JPT final.

So many fans clinging desperately to the glory of beating us over two legs when you should be concentrating on the cracking job you've done in the last third of the season.

So many fans from the family club accusing us of being illiterate south Bristolians when you're the ones causing aggro in the City/Swindon.

So many fans claiming to be the better team when all evidence points to the contrary.

Your idiots may be a minority, but it increasingly seems to be a sizeable one. And as JT sings: "What goes around comes around".

And yet I can't be hypocritical enough to say I hope you lose tonight. That would just make me bitter like your lot. But your idiots put it into perspective for me - I just don't care. Your results will mean nothing to me and only something to a very small section of Bristol. And the Evening Post of course.

Fair shout. I've always had respect for Rovers, given that they are fellow Bristolians who support their team rather than the glory boys of the premiership. Being City first and Bristol second, I've always wanted any Bristolian team to do well.

And every Rovers fan I've met face to face has been a top bloke.

However this season in particular, despite the war hero bring the communities theoretically closer together I've increasingly noticed that Rovers fans are more bitter and twisted than ever before.

Every set of fans has idiots, but yours seem either more numerous (which is ironic given your 'massive' fan base) or voiciferous.

There are so many fans out there who take more relish in City faltering than Rovers achieving. It's just sad and bitter.

So many fans who accuse City fans of being glory boys when your own attendances are pathetic and then miraculous at the JPT final.

So many fans clinging desperately to the glory of beating us over two legs when you should be concentrating on the cracking job you've done in the last third of the season.

So many fans from the family club accusing us of being illiterate south Bristolians when you're the ones causing aggro in the City/Swindon.

So many fans claiming to be the better team when all evidence points to the contrary.

Your idiots may be a minority, but it increasingly seems to be a sizeable one. And as JT sings: "What goes around comes around".

And yet I can't be hypocritical enough to say I hope you lose tonight. That would just make me bitter like your lot. But your idiots put it into perspective for me - I just don't care. Your results will mean nothing to me and only something to a very small section of Bristol. And the Evening Post of course.

All clubs have idiots.....including yours, instead of focusing on that, why cant we focus on how far both clubs have come this season, I (and quite a few other rovers fans) were congratulating city fans who come onto our forum last saturday, and IF we win the playoff's it would be nice to think some of your more mature fans would congratulate us and see that it is for the good of Bristol to have two successful teams competing at a higher level. Nothing wrong with rivalry, but not when it turns nasty and personal.

All clubs have idiots.....including yours, instead of focusing on that, why cant we focus on how far both clubs have come this season, I (and quite a few other rovers fans) were congratulating city fans who come onto our forum last saturday,

This is true,but what need to be recognised is the way in which both sets of fans handle themselves on their respective forums.what i mean is whenever someone from the darkside post on this forum they get either banter or a reasoned reply and very rarely a out and out insult.

Even though i may not post much on your forum i do read it quite often ( we all like a laugh now and then) I have noticed that the majority of replies aimed at city fans seem to be of a derogitory nature,also many complaints about city fans being on your forum,yet many threads about city( and nearly all bemoaning our good fortune or praying we stuff it up big time) how long is that oh yes thread now?or has it lost interest now?

and IF we win the playoff's it would be nice to think some of your more mature fans would congratulate us and see that it is for the good of Bristol to have two successful teams competing at a higher level. Nothing wrong with rivalry, but not when it turns nasty and personal.

And you expect us to be happy for you if you reach league one,what do you think?

All clubs have idiots.....including yours, instead of focusing on that, why cant we focus on how far both clubs have come this season, I (and quite a few other rovers fans) were congratulating city fans who come onto our forum last saturday, and IF we win the playoff's it would be nice to think some of your more mature fans would congratulate us and see that it is for the good of Bristol to have two successful teams competing at a higher level. Nothing wrong with rivalry, but not when it turns nasty and personal.

" Nothing wrong with rivalry" Yep, Iagree with you there.

"but not when it turns nasty and Personal" and i'm sure the Swindon Fans would have an opinion on that one.

Archived