IGNORED

This Price Increase? Fair Or Kick In The Teeth To The Loyal Fans?

Andy082005

Having recovered from the intitial shock of seeing my season ticket bumped from £270 to £375, I cant decide whether or not this steep.....no no, VERTICAL price increase is fair??

On one side, I suppose we are up in the Championship now and of course the prices have to go up, I appreciate that, I really do, but by so much???

Wheres the loyalty in this? They could turn round and say they have frozen prices the last couple of years, agreed, but this was only because of the shambles this club turned into during the Tinnion era and it was looking like we were going to lose a lot of our season ticket holders.

I would have liked to have thought that Lansdown and Sextone would have considered some sort of Loyalty scheme. Like I said, I paid £275 for my season ticket last year, so thats a 36% increase this year!!!!. Could they not have considered a scheme. for example, anyone who has had a season ticket for the last 5 years would have the chance to buy renew their season ticket at a reduced rate, maybe 20%. You could even set a 1st June deadline on it!!, after this date it goes up to the normal rate

Personally, I take it as a kick in the teeth. Again, I totally appreciate we now have to compete at a higher level, and its going to cost money, so prices definately need to go up, but being 25 years old, having an average weekly wage and having a mortgage and bills to pay, this is going to hit me in the pocket hard

Ive been putting 20 quid a month away since I paid out for my last season ticket so that I had saved up enough to buy this years one. Not rubbing it in I just had plans to buy this years season ticket in advance.

I live on my own and have bills expenses etc but was able to put that amount away each month and plan for it.

Definetly fair in my opinion, The Championship is the 2nd division of The Premiership really and the standard will be a lot better week in week out.

If the club are to move on then they need to cut their cloth accordingly and this is a big area of revenue and of course I'm sure we will see some quality players signing in the summer to help ease the pain on our wallets :noexpression:

Thank god i joined the City Foundation! :winner_third_h4h:

Ive been putting 20 quid a month away since I paid out for my last season ticket so that I had saved up enough to buy this years one. Not rubbing it in I just had plans to buy this years season ticket in advance.

I live on my own and have bills expenses etc but was able to put that amount away each month and plan for it.

Has the fella in your avtar left you? :ph34r:

When you compare our prices to those of Sunderland, who will be playing Chelsea, Man U etc, then our prices seem very high!

http://www.safc.com/tickets/?page_id=12176

Its certainly priced me out of getting a season ticket :(

EDIT; Just been checking other Premier League clubs and it looks like we are getting well and truley shafted!

Check this out - http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Seaso...,,10265,00.html

Thanks SL :(

When you compare our prices to those of Sunderland, who will be playing Chelsea, Man U etc, then our prices seem very high!

http://www.safc.com/tickets/?page_id=12176

Its certainly priced me out of getting a season ticket :(

But Sunderland will get a £30million payout even if they finish bottom of the premiership so can afford to issue reasonable ticket prices.

Definetly fair in my opinion, The Championship is the 2nd division of The Premiership really and the standard will be a lot better week in week out.

If the club are to move on then they need to cut their cloth accordingly and this is a big area of revenue and of course I'm sure we will see some quality players signing in the summer to help ease the pain on our wallets :noexpression:

Thank god i joined the City Foundation! :winner_third_h4h:

I wouldnt mind it so much if I could be sure we were going to go out and compete in the transfer market! I'm talking about looking at players like Billy Sharpe (well, maybe a bit out of our reach), Varney, Maynard etc

but I just don't see it

But Sunderland will get a £30million payout even if they finish bottom of the premiership so can afford to issue reasonable ticket prices.

Yeah but still! the only argument I see is they play fewer games in the PL.

Even so the prices are very high and will price people out.

I wouldnt mind it so much if I could be sure we were going to go out and compete in the transfer market! I'm talking about looking at players like Billy Sharpe (well, maybe a bit out of our reach), Varney, Maynard etc

but I just don't see it

I know what you mean, you could of course hold fire and see who they sign and then decide although they could be even dearer by then.

Catch 22.

but I just don't see it

Its the 16th May, the real business will start at the end of the month.

I know what you mean, you could of course hold fire and see who they sign and then decide although they could be even dearer by then.

Catch 22.

Ive had a season ticket for 11 years now......and I'm a dumba*s....they could put it up to £500 and Id still pay it :comando:

Just saying I don't think it shows any real loyalty to the long term fans who have stuck by this club through the darker days over the last 8/9 years

I thought there might be some reward for current ST holders compared to the people who will be getting one now we're in the Championship :dunno:

We had, taking into consideration the half season tickets last year, about 8,000 or so season ticket holders

All of these have until 15 June to renew them at the current price. When we hit 10,000 ST holders, the prices increase AGAIN!!

So basically, our reward is getting it at £100 dearer instead of, say, £130 dearer

I'm not shocked by the new prices, Thats why i payed out £57 to join the Foundation-Freezing my ST Price!

If your surprised by the prices of season tickets, just wait until the 'Pay on the day' prices come out.

My advice is get yourself a ST by what ever means you can.

We've all been wanting a better standard of football & you don't want to miss out!

I thought there might be some reward for current ST holders compared to the people who will be getting one now we're in the Championship :dunno:

Agreed. I know prices have to go up, that's obvious, but when you see such a steep increase, well £100 is such a nice round number, I feel...well I can't think of a word which won't make me moderate myself!!! I personally will have to find an extra £160 for 1 adult and 2 children's tickets. A bill of £725 for what, 23 afternoons of entertainment, plus travel expenses etc.

The players wages may have doubled or tripled, but ours (the majority of fans) have not. It seems thats tough.

The club get payments from the football league or FA, and other clubs get parachute payments to ease things after relegation. Again, what about the fans, the club I fear, championship or no championship has priced itself out of the market for many.

I would like a free Direct Debit option at least. No premium rate credit rip off rubbish.

I guess I am entitled to 10% off overpriced merchandise in the shop, and discounted coach travel. I wonder if I will see more than 35 mins of football after the Millwall fiasco?

Yours, P'eed right off

RedM

:sad26:

PS: Go ahead, post all the 'compared to other clubs arguements' but I couldn't care less what other clubs do to be honest. if you are going to follow that arguement 'other clubs' may have better catering but that doesn't improve ours does it!

Having recovered from the intitial shock of seeing my season ticket bumped from £270 to £375, I cant decide whether or not this steep.....no no, VERTICAL price increase is fair??

On one side, I suppose we are up in the Championship now and of course the prices have to go up, I appreciate that, I really do, but by so much???

Wheres the loyalty in this? They could turn round and say they have frozen prices the last couple of years, agreed, but this was only because of the shambles this club turned into during the Tinnion era and it was looking like we were going to lose a lot of our season ticket holders.

I would have liked to have thought that Lansdown and Sextone would have considered some sort of Loyalty scheme. Like I said, I paid £275 for my season ticket last year, so thats a 36% increase this year!!!!. Could they not have considered a scheme. for example, anyone who has had a season ticket for the last 5 years would have the chance to buy renew their season ticket at a reduced rate, maybe 20%. You could even set a 1st June deadline on it!!, after this date it goes up to the normal rate

Personally, I take it as a kick in the teeth. Again, I totally appreciate we now have to compete at a higher level, and its going to cost money, so prices definately need to go up, but being 25 years old, having an average weekly wage and having a mortgage and bills to pay, this is going to hit me in the pocket hard

I think we all expected a price rise but **** me,how much!! :blink:

Me thinks the club are taking the piss and it could back fire, many will be priced out and will choose to go to the better games. a plus 30% price hike is nuts and very disapointing in my view,you can buy a prem ST for the same money!!

First thing this morning I read of Hargreaves Lansdowne's sucessful float on the stock market in the financial press. One of the reason for the businesses sucess was given as the low management charges their clients pay.

It seems that Steve doesn't excercise the same business principal with his football club. Or is it that his business clients pay low fee costs as there is a chance that they might take their business elsewhere if the fee was too high, whereas supporters of his football club can't really take their business anywhere else, so he has a pretty captive audience.

Having said all of that, did anyone seriously expect ticket prices to stay the same following promotion?

Well done for you :noexpression:

Ive had a season ticket for 11 years now......and I'm a dumba*s....they could put it up to £500 and Id still pay it :comando:

Just saying I don't think it shows any real loyalty to the long term fans who have stuck by this club through the darker days over the last 8/9 years

Same here, ive had my seat in the Dolman since 1996 and would pay whatever as i cant imagine doing anything else on saturdays.

As i said previously thankfully i joined The City Foundation on the presentation evening so £325 for me!

You can watch Premiership football cheaper!

yep, question is, if we got promoted to the Prem, would their be a price freeze or even a reduction? because after all we would be playing less home games then?

i'm sure they would find some spin,

one thing I do find VERY OFF, is that these prices are limited to the first 10000 people prior to the deadline?

i can understand any current season ticket holders getting cheaper prices, but that means that nearly 2000 "new" season ticket holders or even glory hunting new fans, can benefit from the same prices as us

I think it was always going to happen. What is it £375 for an adult ST in the atyeo? About £16 a game, Well worth it for Championship football IMO especially when you see what the match day prices will be. We have been in that poxy league for too long and if we want to compete on the field and stay there then this is something that has to be done.

You can watch Premiership football cheaper!

Not my local premiership side, Arsenal. Adult tickets £855 - £1820. Juniors £355. Even my local team Barnet charge £285 - £380. Juniors £152. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter what other teams charge, they are not CITY. So I am just going to swallow hard and pay up, it will only work out far more expensive without a season ticket. Plus away tickets will be in greater demand and I don't want to miss out on visits to great grounds like Colchester etc. :rolleyes:

:city: "We are staying up ..." :city:

Archived