IGNORED

Matt Jarvis?

Red Cloud

Sorry if already posted but this blokes out of contract, on a free and surely we could afford his wages now?

Why not?

His name was linked with City during the January window and I know for a fact that City were looking at him.Jarvis decided to stay at the Gills untill the end of the season.

Now that City are a Championship club Jarvis may look at City's differently.I would assume that he's still on Johnson's shopping list.That said other more established Championship clubs were also interested so it will probably come down who offers him the best deal.Thats not likely to be City.

Shame because Jarvis is a class act and would be a great signing.

His name was linked with City during the January window and I know for a fact that City were looking at him.Jarvis decided to stay at the Gills untill the end of the season.

Now that City are a Championship club Jarvis may look at City's differently.I would assume that he's still on Johnson's shopping list.That said other more established Championship clubs were also interested so it will probably come down who offers him the best deal.Thats not likely to be City.

Shame because Jarvis is a class act and would be a great signing.

He won't be staying at Gillingham and the reason for the improved offer is so that his new club have to pay additional compensation on the grounds that Gillingham made that improved offer.At 20 he's way short of getting a Bosman.

We have three wide players in Murray who'll probably sign a one year deal-Betsy who's just arrived & Wilson who's really a wing back.Like Jarvis they're all right sided.

After the Gills game GJ said "all pace no end product"

- if Jarvis heard that then he better have had the phone call from GJ stating he was only trying to divert attention from the fact he was trying to buy him - seem to remember he was quite short and sharp about Easter (now at wycombe) when he was trying to sign him before he moved to Wycombe and before anyone had a whiff that he was chasing him.

- seem to remember he was quite short and sharp about Easter (now at wycombe) when he was trying to sign him before he moved to Wycombe and before anyone had a whiff that he was chasing him.

According to a City player I know, Easter was offered a better deal at Wycombe - plain and simple.All this spin about 'wrong attitude' from Johnson was just that - spin.

According to a City player I know, Easter was offered a better deal at Wycombe - plain and simple.All this spin about 'wrong attitude' from Johnson was just that - spin.

He does have the wrong attuide surely though from doing just that.

He does have the wrong attuide surely though from doing just that.

Not necessarily.As a lower league player its important to make good money while you can.You never know when you'll be on the dole.It doesn't matter so much higher up.Players at the top Championship clubs only need to play for 5 seasons to earn enough to be made for life.In the Premiership its just two seasons.

Players like Rooney/Lampard could retire tomorrow and could live extremely well for another 70 years without ever have to work again.

Marcus Stewart is a prime example.Not ever an international but his top seasons at Ipswich and Sunderland will have earned him enough to retire for life if he chose to.

Not necessarily.As a lower league player its important to make good money while you can.You never know when you'll be on the dole.It doesn't matter so much higher up.Players at the top Championship clubs only need to play for 5 seasons to earn enough to be made for life.In the Premiership its just two seasons.

Players like Rooney/Lampard could retire tomorrow and could live extremely well for another 70 years without ever have to work again.

Marcus Stewart is a prime example.Not ever an international but his top seasons at Ipswich and Sunderland will have earned him enough to retire for life if he chose to.

Suppose so although I do feel he is lacking ambition to do so. I mean I cant see Wycombe being able to offer to much more than we did plus if he came to us and did well he would have got offered a better contract like Jamie Mccombe has done.

On the back of the Betsy deal, does that stack up?

Betsy was already under an existing contract at Wycombe whereas Easter was offered a new deal.There would probably be a big difference.

Maybe Wycombe knew that Betsy would be on his way and budgeted accordingly.

At the AGM last year Gary Johnson said that Jarvis was top of the list regarding players in league1. He told us that at the time we were not in a position to pay his wages but when were in the Championship we maybe can.

Last season he looked by far the most talented opponent. Good with his left and right, fairly quick and scores goals.

If we can sign him we will make money in the future too.

I likes Jarvis alot & so does GJ. Get the lad in!

Archived