IGNORED

Tristan Plummer Signs 2 Year Deal

wookey

Put yourselves in his shoes. There are 4 or 5 players in front of him so it is unlikely that he will get much of a chance next season. He is playing with the best under 17`s in the country who obviously tell him what it is like to be part of a premiership set up.

He will also look at people Rosenior who didn`t get much of a chance for us, then went to a premiership club and people on here were saying the same sort of things about him, like " he will be playing reserve football for a long time, he has got a bad attitude etc etc. Look at him now, he is playing regually at the highest level with some people even talking about a England call up at times last season.

I wouldn`t blame him if he went and if you were honest, most of you in his shoes would be tempted.

Same agent as Keogh, and Keogh is still unsigned.

I am far more interested in a tried and proven performer like Keogh, than a slip of a boy with a few party tricks.

Lets be realistic about Plummer, for a start he's a year younger than Williams and nearly 2 years behind Artus, who turns 19 in September. Plummers scoring record was nowhere near as good as Williams in reserve grade, so he has yet to prove himself against good senior pros.

Other Academy players will be watching his progress or lack of it, with interest. In any event GJ has shown he wont be messed with by any one player, and the club will always be bigger than a single Plummer.

Keogh will sign, l know this 100%.

I know someone who plays football with him in St Pauls every week.......

He has offers from Premiership teams.....

If City had been in League One, he was definately going, but as City are in the Championship, he is tempted to stay.

But he is no overly keen on staying.......

Put yourselves in his shoes. There are 4 or 5 players in front of him so it is unlikely that he will get much of a chance next season. He is playing with the best under 17`s in the country who obviously tell him what it is like to be part of a premiership set up.

He will also look at people Rosenior who didn`t get much of a chance for us, then went to a premiership club and people on here were saying the same sort of things about him, like " he will be playing reserve football for a long time, he has got a bad attitude etc etc. Look at him now, he is playing regually at the highest level with some people even talking about a England call up at times last season.

I wouldn`t blame him if he went and if you were honest, most of you in his shoes would be tempted.

I would certainly be tempted to play in Everton's reserves rather than Citys'. There might also be the possibility of a loan to a Championship club with a guarantee of first team action. He really should have been tried by GJ though - if he felt he was good enough there's only one way to find out. If he bombed then it's back to the reserves with more work.

This is ridiculous!

If he wanted to stay and fight for his break in the first team then stay. This has dragged on to long his heart is not in the club so kick him out. We need people playing for this club who want to fight for there place not some little jumped up upstart who has the "potential" to possibly be a good player, but is unproven. He is 17 why should he be given a chance? he should earn his chance.

The guy could make it, any of the academy could make thats why they are in the accademy in the first place, being there does not give them the right to just get a game and see if they can cut the mustard - you have to earn your place.

Stop going on about how great this guy is let him go, he has never done anything for us yet so we wont be missing anything if he goes!

I would certainly be tempted to play in Everton's reserves rather than Citys'. There might also be the possibility of a loan to a Championship club with a guarantee of first team action. He really should have been tried by GJ though - if he felt he was good enough there's only one way to find out. If he bombed then it's back to the reserves with more work.

What? The only chances he would have got were in real high pressure games which isn't the way to introduce anybody into football. He was best served maturing as he has done in the academy. If he does stay the best thing for him would a loan move to a lower league club who try to play football and then gently introduce him into our team.

Chucking a kid in to either sink or swim would get us nowhere. Look at how Alex Fergusoon has introduced his kids into the club with the vast majority of them being saved from the fate you are suggesting.

This is ridiculous!

If he wanted to stay and fight for his break in the first team then stay. This has dragged on to long his heart is not in the club so kick him out. We need people playing for this club who want to fight for there place not some little jumped up upstart who has the "potential" to possibly be a good player, but is unproven. He is 17 why should he be given a chance? he should earn his chance.

The guy could make it, any of the academy could make thats why they are in the accademy in the first place, being there does not give them the right to just get a game and see if they can cut the mustard - you have to earn your place.

Stop going on about how great this guy is let him go, he has never done anything for us yet so we wont be missing anything if he goes!

He was waiting to the end of the season all along. It's not his fault the club claimed he was going to sign. The boy is only 17 and he's got a big decision to make, and i don't blame him for taking his time. this decision could be vital for his career!

Of course i think he should stay but let him take his time.....

He was waiting to the end of the season all along. It's not his fault the club claimed he was going to sign. The boy is only 17 and he's got a big decision to make, and i don't blame him for taking his time. this decision could be vital for his career!

Of course i think he should stay but let him take his time.....

Let him take his time! He has the chance to represent his local club (providing he fulfils his potential!!!) a club that is going places. He has had enough time he has no sense of loyalty ship him out......... a 17 with a huge ego is not what is needed

Let him take his time! He has the chance to represent his local club (providing he fulfils his potential!!!) a club that is going places. He has had enough time he has no sense of loyalty ship him out......... a 17 with a huge ego is not what is needed

why have you made the presumption he has a huge ego??!! How can you make that statement about someone you don't know??

I don't know him, so he may have a big ego.... but you cant just say that with no reason!! Everyone has the right to look at all the options open to him - in fact its quite sensible!

I will disappointed if he goes, cos i think he should stay and play for city, but you cant say he's got a huge ego just because he hasnt decided who to sign for!

Hope this is true but nothing on official site, yet!

I'd like to wish the young man and Myrie-Williams all the best as young pros.

Wouldn't it be great to see them both make a real breakthrough in The Championship-However, I reckon, barring injuries, they'll have to rely on loans to League One & Two teams for first team opportunities along with Artus, Wilson & Ribiero.

Good sign for the future.

Well done GJ, SL & Academy Coaches.

to be honest i have said a few bad words about him the last three or 4 months due to him being unloyal to us by looking as though he will not be signing a new contract.

i take it all back. well done Tristan :englandsmile4wf:

i also remembered ages and ages ago, some idiot saying he was defiantlety going to Arsenal. either that or Tristan did a U-Turn and though he would get better opportunitys with us.

to be honest i have said a few bad words about him the last three or 4 months due to him being unloyal to us by looking as though he will not be signing a new contract.

i take it all back. well done Tristan :englandsmile4wf:

i also remembered ages and ages ago, some idiot saying he was defiantlety going to Arsenal. either that or Tristan did a U-Turn and though he would get better opportunitys with us.

Takes a brave man to admit when he is wrong! I admit I am wrong too............ Hopefully he will now deliver the potential into reality and be a city legend.

Fair play to him - good luck enjoy the ride!

Takes a brave man to admit when he is wrong! I admit I am wrong too............ Hopefully he will now deliver the potential into reality and be a city legend.

Fair play to him - good luck enjoy the ride!

Disappointing - The boy's got a HUGE ego :clapping:

Hope this is true but nothing on official site, yet!

I'd like to wish the young man and Myrie-Williams all the best as young pros.

Wouldn't it be great to see them both make a real breakthrough in The Championship-However, I reckon, barring injuries, they'll have to rely on loans to League One & Two teams for first team opportunities along with Artus, Wilson & Ribiero.

Good sign for the future.

Well done GJ, SL & Academy Coaches.

On offical site now............. :city:

so I'm informed, the big 4 were all interested in Tristan. If thats true then lets hope he takes the championship by storm next season. Those clubs no a good players when they see one. Perhaps this is why he didnt make an appearance last season, to keep him out view as much as possible.

ooooh, I'm all excited.

Just watched his interview on World.

That lad is as far away as you could get from having an inflated ego.

Comes across as a really nice kid - and you can tell he's really pleased to have signed his contract.

He really is like a kid in a sweet shop at the moment :D

Oh, and he laughed off the interest from Everton and Arsenal as just rumours.

What people fail to understand is that we have scouts at all of our games and at youth level..as do every other club with a decent youth set up or Academy.England youth games are on Sky and you don't need to be Jose Mourihno to spot a potential talent so, yes they are watched in the sense that they're playing in a game that's being watched but it isn't necessarily or even normally with a view to an offer unless a Gareth Bale or Theo Walcott comes along.

Guest ashtonyate
Finally got him signed. Great news. Let's give the young guys a chance this year.

you are talking 17/18 year olds 10 min if we are winning easy thats what he will get, the team will have enough trouble without carring a young player

Who does he think he is holding back on a contract, weighing up his future, thinking he's too good for us and going all...oh, hold on, you say he's signed a 2 year deal? Yeah, well, lovely chap, promising lad got a great attitude so I've heard... :whistle2:

Archived