IGNORED

Tristan Plummer Signs 2 Year Deal

wookey

Who does he think he is holding back on a contract, weighing up his future, thinking he's too good for us and going all...oh, hold on, you say he's signed a 2 year deal? Yeah, well, lovely chap, promising lad got a great attitude so I've heard... :whistle2:

Quality!! :clapping:

I guess this is as good as it's going to get in the summer!!!

Who does he think he is holding back on a contract, weighing up his future, thinking he's too good for us and going all...oh, hold on, you say he's signed a 2 year deal? Yeah, well, lovely chap, promising lad got a great attitude so I've heard... :whistle2:

I was told a while ago that he wantd to sign and was happy with the offer.The problem was with others around him "blowing in his ear" Looks like he finally made his own mind up and Championship Football may have been the clincher.

must admit i was stunned by some of the comments made about this kid by people who have probably never met the lad, he is seventeen for christs sake and was entitled to take his time and listen to any other offers that may have been on the table, football is a short career, albeit a well paid one but short.

Finally he signed and well done to the lad lets hope it is a good decision and he goes on to become a real talent, but lets put all this in some type of perspective, city have been promoted and are now a small fish in a very big pond and ahead of all that is a massive gap to the first tier, so the choices for these talented youngsters are there for all to see, for the fans there may only be one team in the land but realistically we have got loads of work to do to compete with the bigger clubs.

yours midland red.

Got to laugh at the U-turns taking place, quality. I would expect a few more but i doubt we`ll get one from ashton yate. He`ll probably find something negative about him signing !!

Anyway, good news. More than anything it shows the difference that being a championship side can make. If we hadn`t gone up he`d have been off and i for one wouldn`t have blamed him.

The first bit of good news for the summer. I`m eagerly anticipating some more.

PDG

you are talking 17/18 year olds 10 min if we are winning easy thats what he will get, the team will have enough trouble without carring a young player

And here's me thinking the Academy was a complete waste of money.......... :whistle:

Carring a player cant be good for any football team, what with the smashed headlights, broken grille etc etc

He obviously has ability but needs to prove over the two years that he can play in a mens league. Based upon reserve team performances last season I would say he is still a little way from first team selection. Perhaps he is a quick learner. Still don't understand why he took five months to sign on the dotted line. I will perform a big U Turn for now!!!

I really hope he gets his chance to prove himself and if he does well then we should sale him end of next season before he goes on a free and we get nothing. I say this because surly if he is as good as what people say he is then a bigger club will come in for him.

Guest Eamer
I really hope he gets his chance to prove himself and if he does well then we should sale him end of next season before he goes on a free and we get nothing. I say this because surly if he is as good as what people say he is then a bigger club will come in for him.

Wow. You really are optimistic for this club aren't you...

I hope that he does sign, as it will be a real coup to our club if we can retain a player of such promise and apparent high regard within the game. If he does decide to leave us, then we may aswell abandon our academy altogether as too many young players have become excessiveley greedy and had their young mind warped by unscrupulous agents.

If Plummer does go, then we should all unite as fans of the club and act to sue his agent! I'm sure there would be a court somewhere we could take our case to.

Hmmm, breech of expectation....... thereby destroying our faith in him as a potential BCFC star?

I'm gutted but 'if' he thinks he is so much better than BCFC....... let the 'BOY' go ;)

I would certainly be tempted to play in Everton's reserves rather than Citys'. There might also be the possibility of a loan to a Championship club with a guarantee of first team action. He really should have been tried by GJ though - if he felt he was good enough there's only one way to find out. If he bombed then it's back to the reserves with more work.

If Gary had have tried him out and it had meant that we BCFC had not been promoted what would you have said then?

Just asking........

Same agent as Keogh, and Keogh is still unsigned.

I am far more interested in a tried and proven performer like Keogh, than a slip of a boy with a few party tricks.

Lets be realistic about Plummer, for a start he's a year younger than Williams and nearly 2 years behind Artus, who turns 19 in September. Plummers scoring record was nowhere near as good as Williams in reserve grade, so he has yet to prove himself against good senior pros.

Other Academy players will be watching his progress or lack of it, with interest. In any event GJ has shown he wont be messed with by any one player, and the club will always be bigger than a single Plummer.

My apologies - I meant Keogh has the same agent as Lita, not the same agent as Plummer :)

Wow. You really are optimistic for this club aren't you...

Were a selling club always have been always will be, trust me i want this club to go far but IF HE DOES WELL IN THE FIRST TEAM i would bet a years wages with you he will be gone in say 2 seasons

you are talking 17/18 year olds 10 min if we are winning easy thats what he will get, the team will have enough trouble without carring a young player

So Leroy Lita, Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney, David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Cesc Fabregas and numerous other top players i could mention were all played too young were they?

Examples of 2 of that list:

Wayne Rooney: Became the Premiership's youngest ever scorer at 16 years, 260 days and also england's youngest player before Theo Walcott, and youngest ever scorer

Michael Owen: Scored one of the best ever goals of any world cup in 1998 at only 18. Also the youngest England international of the 20th century. he held the same international records as youngest players until Rooney beat them.

Now are you going to say that youth should never be tried?!

Guest ashtonyate
Got to laugh at the U-turns taking place, quality. I would expect a few more but i doubt we`ll get one from ashton yate. He`ll probably find something negative about him signing !!

Anyway, good news. More than anything it shows the difference that being a championship side can make. If we hadn`t gone up he`d have been off and i for one wouldn`t have blamed him.

The first bit of good news for the summer. I`m eagerly anticipating some more.

PDG

How dare you think that of me, I not thinking anything like he has done the rounds no one made him a better offer so he signed for us how terrible that people think like that :disapointed2se:

So Leroy Lita, Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney, David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Cesc Fabregas and numerous other top players i could mention were all played too young were they?

Examples of 2 of that list:

Wayne Rooney: Became the Premiership's youngest ever scorer at 16 years, 260 days and also england's youngest player before Theo Walcott, and youngest ever scorer

Michael Owen: Scored one of the best ever goals of any world cup in 1998 at only 18. Also the youngest England international of the 20th century. he held the same international records as youngest players until Rooney beat them.

Now are you going to say that youth should never be tried?!

Of course youth should be tried. And no doubt Plummer, when he proves he is good enough (my words and Gary Johnson's words as it happens) will get his chance. What you do not do, and anyone with half a brain realises this, is throw these kids in at a level that is beyond them. The only thing you achieve is to ruin or severely set back a promising career.

All the players you mention above, with the clear exception being Lita, are top drawer international class players who had EXCEPTIONAL TALENT as youngsters.

All the players you mention above, with the clear exception being Lita, are top drawer international class players who had EXCEPTIONAL TALENT as youngsters.

Spot on.

I remember Michael Owen playing for Liverpool in a friendly down the Gate before he was household name nad he was awesome, even as a very young lad. Now Plummer might end up being decent, but the players on that list are all stupidly talented, and always have been.

Spot on.

I remember Michael Owen playing for Liverpool in a friendly down the Gate before he was household name nad he was awesome, even as a very young lad. Now Plummer might end up being decent, but the players on that list are all stupidly talented, and always have been.

Yes, i remember that, he made our two centre halves look stupid and then through on goal he waited for the keeper to go down and then coolly chipped it over him. class indeed.

Yea I meant just give some of the young players run outs from the bench. Plummer and Artus mainly.

Finally, movie man we agree on something. Nov 2006, GJ says, " Artus is very close to selection", it never happened, apart from a few appearances on the bench. IMO our best assett for many a year, hope he pushes his claim in the pre season. 19 in september, 6ft and 13 stone and our answer to an all round midfield bulldozer. Plummer is behind Williams and will have to show something special in pre season to get an early start........ his call.

James Wilson 6ft 4ins at the back, and is already as good as some of our seniors, but its crowded with talent in the back 4.

Bring on the young lions, Artus, Williams, Wilson and Plummer, its their battle to win. Every one of them that succeeds is one less " genius " we have to sign from outside with big money.

Tell you what, I will start a post on it.............support requested !

At the end of the day some academy players make it, and some don't. But the percentage of players who do is far lower than who don't. I've seen criticism of last year, well the 'loanees' we brought it were only temporary fixes, the guy from birmingham was brought in when murray was injured and actually impressed on his first appearence, was only after he struggled.

Take 3 players who have impressed and made it from the academy, ie Cotterill, Lita and Skuse. They had signed professional contracts before they started, and that is why plummer hasn't been picked. At the end of the day, if we haven't secured his name then why on earth would we parade him in the first team, to be picked for free by some big name club.

Jennison has played at least 30 games this season, which is pretty good for a an ex-academy player. He was taken out of the team because he was overplayed, and his attitude was somewhat negative when substituted. Players like benyon etc were given chances to impress at other clubs, and didn't, which is why they were released. If they can't perform at St albans, i'd rather have a player whos played for Preston, even if he hasn't scored. Its not all about scoring goals, and much like Bas Savage, their attitude aided the team in winning games.

The longer this has gone on, the more I don't want him to sign. If he really feels he will succeed at a premiership or higher club at his age, he should be talking to someone like Joe Anyinsah or Scott Golborne. (not criticising scott at all, as hes a good kid). I reckon plummer has a very good chance of playing next year, much like Artus. But all this hesitation just proves either he, or someone else believes him to be bigger than the club, which is why I haven't got much sympathy.

Benyon actually scored 6 goals in 11 games for a poor St Albans side, I would call that performing !

Finally, movie man we agree on something. Nov 2006, GJ says, " Artus is very close to selection", it never happened, apart from a few appearances on the bench. IMO our best assett for many a year, hope he pushes his claim in the pre season. 19 in september, 6ft and 13 stone and our answer to an all round midfield bulldozer. Plummer is behind Williams and will have to show something special in pre season to get an early start........ his call.

James Wilson 6ft 4ins at the back, and is already as good as some of our seniors, but its crowded with talent in the back 4.

Bring on the young lions, Artus, Williams, Wilson and Plummer, its their battle to win. Every one of them that succeeds is one less " genius " we have to sign from outside with big money.

Tell you what, I will start a post on it.............support requested !

Thats what pre season friendlies are for, tryin youngsters like these out.

Archived