IGNORED

Dolman Bar

mossey

:city: what is it with the 2 oragnisations of the supporters trust and supporters club both bitching at each other,

i thought it was bristol city fooball club.

landsdown and mr sexstone must be pissing them self laughing at the both of them squabbling over every detail, of we did this and they did that, remeber what it says on the back of the shirts BRISTOL YOUR CITY :city::dunno:

I still don't see where all this money is going for £5 spent on bronze membership. Can someone explain how the £5 is spent on because surely it doesnt cover costs of using the Deh for the season. Also how many people signed up this season and are they automatically renewed for next season?

£5 fee goes towards paying for the door staff etc on match days and towards an annual donation to the FC. At the POY the SC gave a cheque for £5000 to the academy with more to follow (amount yet to be decided).Not sure how many people joined up this season,you would have to ask a committee member.

£5 fee goes towards paying for the door staff etc on match days and towards an annual donation to the FC. At the POY the SC gave a cheque for £5000 to the academy with more to follow (amount yet to be decided).Not sure how many people joined up this season,you would have to ask a committee member.

How was the cost covered before last season then if you say that the sc had to cover door staff? Surely not 15k??

Surely it should be about THE SUPPORTERS and not the self obsessed individuals that are meant to be represnting THE SUPPORTERS.

Spot on that man. These individuals do seem to think they're some kind of special breed compared to the rest of us. Why is that?

Before the SC moved into DEH we had only one doorman! With the DEH being so large costs are far greater.

So how many doorman do you have and are you actually saying that it cost 15k per season for doorstaff?? that works out approximately £576 per game surely that cant be right??

So how many doorman do you have and are you actually saying that it cost 15k per season for doorstaff??

No-one is saying that doorstaff cost £15k!

If you are interested in the SC accounts then come along to the AGM which wil be held in about a months time.Date to be confirmed.

Assuming you are a member of course.

No-one is saying that doorstaff cost £15k!

If you are interested in the SC accounts then come along to the AGM which wil be held in about a months time.Date to be confirmed.

Assuming you are a member of course.

why do I have to be a member to go to an agm? I don't believe you have to be a member to go to the supporters trust agm? Is this not open to all fans then?

why do I have to be a member to go to an agm? I don't believe you have to be a member to go to the supporters trust agm? Is this not open to all fans then?

So your not a member?

If not why are you so interested in the SC accounts?

So your not a member?

Does it make any difference if I'm a member or not whether I'm interested in the scs accounts. All I asked was how much it cost for doorman on matchdays and you stated about the agm. I'm just interested how on the players awards night you gave over a cheque for £5k yet you made significantly more than that over the season from bronze memberships(not including the gold members).

Does it make any difference if I'm a member or not whether I'm interested in the scs accounts. All I asked was how much it cost for doorman on matchdays and you stated about the agm. I'm just interested how on the players awards night you gave over a cheque for £5k yet you made significantly more than that over the season from bronze memberships(not including the gold members).

I'm sure you understand that the SC accounts are confidential and an open forum is not the place to discuss them.

I'm sure you understand that the SC accounts are confidential and an open forum is not the place to discuss them.

Can you tell me then why the Supporters Trusts accounts are made public but the Supporters Clubs arent? Why the secrecy? Surely you would want it made public how good you are doing for the club to encourage new members??

Supporters Trust accounts which are viewable on their website.

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/pdf/BCSTye06.pdf

Can you tell me then why the Supporters Trusts accounts are made public but the Supporters Clubs arent? Why the secrecy? Surely you would want it made public how good you are doing for the club to encourage new members??

Supporters Trust accounts which are viewable on their website.

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/pdf/BCSTye06.pdf

If the trust wish to display their accounts then that is upto them.Nothing at all to do with the SC.

The SC accounts are available to any member that wants to see them.

If the trust wish to display their accounts then that is upto them.Nothing at all to do with the SC.

The SC accounts are available to any member that wants to see them.

How can they see them do you just show them at the agm or are they accessible throughout the season?

Guest DanC
So your not a member?

Does not matter one little bit that she is not a member. She is a potential member as is everyone who is not a member. So as a potential member she has the right to be interested in the accounts.

It amazes me that despite the good news that bronze membership is not increasing that people still like to have a pop at the supporters organisations.

Last week the the Trust was taking stick over the unreserved seating issue and prior to that the SC had taken stick on another issue.

Fans are only too ready to critise those other fans that put in lots of hours free of charge for the benefit of the football club and its supporters.Its as if everyone else could do it better but they never come forward and offer their help.Backseat drivers if you like.

For all of you that slag off the trust or the SC for not doing a proper job I would ask you to volunteer your services to either organisation and make an impact on how things happen.

For all of you that slag off the trust or the SC for not doing a proper job I would ask you to volunteer your services to either organisation and make an impact on how things happen.

Id like to Volunteer my services as chairman of the SC please.

Id like to Volunteer my services as chairman of the SC please.

How long have you been a member? The SC constitution states that before anyone can stand for office they have to have been a member for a minimum of two years.You would also have to have a member to propose you.Then if you are successfull you would join the committee to gain insight and experience before standing for election as Chairman.I will point out that the usual procedure is that when a chairman is either deselected or resigns the vice chairman takes over.

Its really nice to see someone is prepared to state publically that they are interested in putting something back into the football club - fair play to you.

Alan I wasnt slagging the trust of merely asking where the money had gone for membership fees. You answered the question which is fair enough. It just seems that when the Supporters Trust are asked questions they are happy to answer. But when you are asked questions you seem to think its an attack against you which it isnt. Perhaps there should be more board members accessible on match days to answer peoples questions in the Deh? Also one more question how are you intending to encourage people to renew their memberships for next season? So you write or email them? How do you intend to bring in new members to the deh for next season?

Also one more question how are you intending to encourage people to renew their memberships for next season? So you write or email them? How do you intend to bring in new members to the deh for next season?

With approx 4000 members it isn't feasable to be contacing everyone individually.Plus we don't have peoples email addresses.We rely pretty much on word of mouth.

We have had significant interest in Gold membership without advertising and that will be fully subcribed next season.With regard to bronze - approx 3750 joined last season and we would expect approx the same number to join next season - especilly as the prices are not going up.

It's great to see the two supporters organizations getting on so well.

Surely it should be about THE SUPPORTERS and not the self obsessed individuals that are meant to be represnting THE SUPPORTERS.

If this is how you act in the public view, then Lansdown must be loving it.

Great post mate! These are people who seem to think they own the club, have a right to dismiss the opinions of anyone outside of "the clique" - and frankly need to get a life outside of this forum!! Sad indeed.

How about we scrap all this nonsense and go back to - buy a ticket - fan for the day - supporter..

:whistle2:

Archived