IGNORED

Did I Over React?

I think you all need to grow up a bit.

My ex girlfiend and I split up in April 2004, she then went onto meet an 82er. After a few months I found out that she and her new partner were taking my daughter down to Trashcan, and had even bought her a shirt & season ticket!! Now I admit I was not too happy about the arrangement, but there was no swearing & no rasied voices.

Now three years on, she goes to see you lot one week, and comes to watch some proper footy at the Mem the next. She even wears her ci*y shirt round to mine on the weekend, although we soon change that for her Rovers shirt and put the Ci*y one in the bottom of her bag to take straight back home!!

:D

Talking about 'growing up a bit' , re-read your post. Poor kid.

Did she leave you? Ever stop to wonder why the relationship failed?

Yes, football is important I can understand that, but to tell your ex to "f off and die" because she took the kids to see a parade of a local team being promoted is just plain wrong. She probably did it partly to wind you up but even so...

I think you need to see a shrink.

Did she leave you? Ever stop to wonder why the relationship failed?

Yes, football is important I can understand that, but to tell your ex to "f off and die" because she took the kids to see a parade of a local team being promoted is just plain wrong. She probably did it partly to wind you up but even so...

I think you need to see a shrink.

well i apologised to her for the over-reaction. and i got an apology from her for taking them down there and she even brought me a cd!

here is the story...

had plans to go out yesterday with my ex and two kids (long story!). any how, i over slept in the morning and rang to say i would be up after dinner. she then called back and said don't rush cus she was going out with her parents and our kids. turns out they went to see the rovers promotion parade. its fair to say i went absolutely mental with her. my boy being almost 6, trying to really get him in to city (he has been to a few games so far). the last thing i wanted was for him to be taken down there. to top it off, i had a photo sent through with him and my little girl hold a rovers flag! this pushed me over the edge!

i rang my ex shouting and swearing at her and even used the words ' f'off and die' in the same sentence! didnt go out in the afternoon and havent spoken to her since.

now I'm feeling a bit guilty after what i had said to her. she know how much this would wind me up but choose to do it anyway. should i apologies for what i said or should i wait for herr to apologies to me for taking them down there

Well done young man, I say well done! You have taken the first step to ensuring that your children don't become pikey's!

If anything, you should be congratulated for this excellent piece of parenting. Child abuse is allowing your children look at, support and be involved in this tribal gathering!!

Father of the year in my eyes mate :winner_third_h4h:

What was the CD? Goodnight Irene??

here is the story...

had plans to go out yesterday with my ex and two kids (long story!). any how, i over slept in the morning and rang to say i would be up after dinner. she then called back and said don't rush cus she was going out with her parents and our kids. turns out they went to see the rovers promotion parade. its fair to say i went absolutely mental with her. my boy being almost 6, trying to really get him in to city (he has been to a few games so far). the last thing i wanted was for him to be taken down there. to top it off, i had a photo sent through with him and my little girl hold a rovers flag! this pushed me over the edge!

i rang my ex shouting and swearing at her and even used the words ' f'off and die' in the same sentence! didnt go out in the afternoon and havent spoken to her since.

now I'm feeling a bit guilty after what i had said to her. she know how much this would wind me up but choose to do it anyway. should i apologies for what i said or should i wait for herr to apologies to me for taking them down there

Why are you coming on here looking for relationship advice?this is possibly one of the saddest things i have ever heard, feel sorry for your ex and the kids

My ex girlfiend and I split up in April 2004, she then went onto meet an 82er. After a few months I found out that she and her new partner were taking my daughter down to Trashcan, and had even bought her a shirt & season ticket!! Now I admit I was not too happy about the arrangement, but there was no swearing & no rasied voices.

Now three years on, she goes to see you lot one week, and comes to watch some proper footy at the Mem the next. She even wears her ci*y shirt round to mine on the weekend, although we soon change that for her Rovers shirt and put the Ci*y one in the bottom of her bag to take straight back home!!

At least you have the comfort of knowing that YOUR Daughter is being brought up CORRECTLY mate :city:

Fair play to your ex! At least she saw the error of her ways and dumped you for a red.

Now go away and log on to the Forest forum.........At least you'll have something in common on there!

here is the story...

**** off and die ? charming

here is the story...

Having to ask a football forum speaks volumes about the type of person you are mate. Do her a favour and don't bother her again.

Don't feel guilty.

I have an eight year old, City since he was 4, he would have told her to " f'off and die"

Why are you coming on here looking for relationship advice?this is possibly one of the saddest things i have ever heard, feel sorry for your ex and the kids

Why the ###### shouldn't he get some opinions from a wider range of people than the mates me hangs out with ? Jesus, a chap comes on here asking for genuine advice and you slag him off in a really unconstructive manner. If you have nothing to say on the subject, then don't say anything at all.

My two'pennorth is, yes, mate, you did over-react big time despite the jocular comments on here, and I think you probably realised that in any case. You seem like a Dad who cares about his kids, so well done for having the cojones to bare your soul in public and invite the obvious comments - and more to the point, sounds like you've made it OK again. Your family is more important than any football team. (mind you there's some on here who don't actually agree with that)

here is the story...

To be fair, that's harsh. But I would've gone absolutely spare if my ex did that to my kids. Especially at an impressionable age. Just apologise and get them to Gate as much as possible next season. There's nothing worse than having Gas in the family, or so I'm told :blink:

YES you did over react... and you know you did.

We all say things sometimes that we almost instantly regret in the heat of the moment (though on this occasion you did it BIGTIME) ... it looks like you've got away with it this time, I'm pleased for the sake of you & your family, -like someone else said, families are much more important than football (so don't believe everything Bill Shankley ever said)..

Perhaps we should all try to take a deep breath & count to ten before opening our big mouths in heated situations sometimes...

(ps: soz to make light of a family situation, but I added a caption to the Caption Competition thread earlier... hope you & yours can see the funny side of it now... (not that my efforts that funny mind)

here is the story...

had plans to go out yesterday with my ex and two kids (long story!). any how, i over slept in the morning and the rest is history

should i apologies for what i said or should i wait for herr to apologies to me for taking them down there

Glad you apologised and learn the lesson of what might happen if you happen to oversleep again when Rovers are playing at home that day.

F off and die isnt a very nice thing to say to the mother of your children. They wouldnt be here without her.

;)

Dolls, its a serious thing leading your children to a life of sin aint it.... leading them to support the sad sags. Thats real cruelty that is.

You should be reported to social security you should. Abuse of a citizen of the red half of Brizz. Stop your housing benefit that should.

I accept the Trashcan thing, however there are quite a few of 'your like' who come onto OUR forum and spout far worse things to incite trouble. I am merely responding to a post that I read, and I wanted to air my views.

Christ with all the shite sprouted about City on your trashy site and charming user names like Bristol city Play Off Muppets, I really think you could keep quiet about people on this site..

Archived