IGNORED

Latvia For The Week

Bristol Boy

Given that City will be playing three games, as per last season Sun, Tues, Thurs which will probably mean utilising the squad or in common parlance giving everyone a game-who fancies a week in Latvia?

Flights from Liverpool £29.98

Choice of Hotels for seven nights 3*-5* £300-£800-You pays your money....

Some Hostels-Cheaper Hotels etc

I was thinking about going for the weekend but Fri-Mon lets you see one game :noexpression:

Perhaps those who made the trip last year could advise?

Who's up for it?

It's a real pity the new Ryanair flights from Bristol don't start until November.

They fly out of Stansted twice daily to Riga.

Not been to Latvia yet but I've been to four other eastern european countries in the last few years and thoroughly enjoyed it. Cheap, good beer, and friendly people. Crap food though.

Crap food ? Shhhhhhh.

English cuisine is an oxymoron, and a subject of quaint humour the world over. :laugh:

Crap food ? Shhhhhhh.

English cuisine is an oxymoron, and a subject of quaint humour the world over. :laugh:

English cuisine might not exactly be world renowned but it's a damned sight better than anything I've ever eaten in Eastern Europe.

Until you're tried Polish boiled pork with cabbage and "dumplings" (aka lard cakes) you haven't lived.

The problem is that even in the poshest restaurants it still tastes like a heart attack.

I wonder what hotel they are staying at, I want to go on the 13th and come back the 15th Night, We should all meet up somewhere and have a good old drink, Bring your own Blackthorn & Scrumpy though :P

This is all bit annoying for me!

I'm off to Riga from June the 14th to 17th!! Darn!

Can anyone who went on last years trip recommend gd bars - restaurants - nightclubs...... and bars where, how can i put this, I won't get charged hundreds of pounds for buying a drink for a young lady!!!

Any help would be good cheers all.

Given that City will be playing three games, as per last season Sun, Tues, Thurs which will probably mean utilising the squad or in common parlance giving everyone a game-who fancies a week in Latvia?

Flights from Liverpool £29.98

Choice of Hotels for seven nights 3*-5* £300-£800-You pays your money....

Some Hostels-Cheaper Hotels etc

I was thinking about going for the weekend but Fri-Mon lets you see one game :noexpression:

Perhaps those who made the trip last year could advise?

Who's up for it?

Is that return flights or single way?

I believe (from browsing Ryanair the other night) that price is single way, and on top of that you can add airport tax and fuel duty.

I'd expect the price for a return including tax to be ~£120 and it will go up as it fills up.

I believe (from browsing Ryanair the other night) that price is single way, and on top of that you can add airport tax and fuel duty.

I'd expect the price for a return including tax to be ~£120 and it will go up as it fills up.

£105 inc Tax etc Return from Stansted or anout £77 from L'Pool.

How can any of you afford to go to Latvia? I thought you'd already had to sell all the family possessions to fund your season tickets?

There's affording it and thinking it's right, chump.

Shouldn't you be on your forum talking about the next player you're going to sell and how you plan to survive in Div Three, next season?

Then again, by the time you've had the ground share money from the Gas you should have enough to get rid of the pong every week.

Might well be going, the family went to Latvia in 2000 and enjoyed it.

It would be slightly surreal, going to another country 1000 miles away, in a former Soviet state, to watch Bristol City play football. :blink:

A little like the Champions League?

Ok, maybe not... :ph34r:

:noexpression:

Ok I shall rephrase it, Id be interested to know how much it would cost to go to Lativa for the weekend

That just makes you look more extravagant, no less questionable!

I think the wife might have something to say about that Ian, but i'd be interested to know how much it would cost for just the weekend.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that you had a wife :whistle2:

The air fare will be about the same and about 50% of it is tax.

Room rates are about £53pp per night inc Breakfast.

There are direct flights to & from Stansted & L'Pool every day.L'pool is cheaper until you factor in parking, hotels etc, for me.

In terms of the sharing Mrs BB says as long as it saves her a job she's quite OK about it.

Archived