IGNORED

Latvia For The Week

Bristol Boy

Thanx a lot, mate!

I'm seriously thinking about going. Any idea about area/hotel the majority of the supporters will be staying at? Would be cool to join you there, since I'll probably be travelling alone from Norway.

Cheers,

Kjetil

It looks like we will be renting an Appartment for the week on Elizabetes. When I stayed in Riga last week I stayed at the Hotel Riga which was very nice (right next to the opera house) and they offered me a deal this time of 7 nights for the price of 5 which came to 600 Euros.

Any hotel that has a 1010 or 1050 postcode is very near the old town.

I'm happy to I'm you my mobile number for when you get there.

Regards

Alan

Thanx, Alan.

I'm going to book my flights and hotel next week. Since you've been in Riga before, do you know if there is a good area for hotels (cheapish) in town. There's a city centre plus an "old town", right??

Kjetil

The Old Town and the City Centre are very close together. To stay in a hotel within the Old Town is expensive but there are plenty of hostels. Try the Hotel Saulite as it is close to the Old Town and a single room is only £30 per night. This was one of the cheapest hotels I saw when booking.

Regards

Alan

The Old Town and the City Centre are very close together. To stay in a hotel within the Old Town is expensive but there are plenty of hostels. Try the Hotel Saulite as it is close to the Old Town and a single room is only £30 per night. This was one of the cheapest hotels I saw when booking.

Regards

Alan

Did anyone watch training sessions last year? Guess they are "open".

Did anyone watch training sessions last year? Guess they are "open".

We didn't watch any training sessions last year and I'm not sure anyone else did as I believe training took place at the Latvian National Training Centre and to be honest when there weren't games we went sightseeing or to the beach.

We didn't watch any training sessions last year and I'm not sure anyone else did as I believe training took place at the Latvian National Training Centre and to be honest when there weren't games we went sightseeing or to the beach.

You must be kidding! :nono::laugh:

Here is another hotel in Riga. Fair price (39Ls) in the Old town.

http://www.draugi.lv/eng/

Cheers

Tommy

Might well be going, the family went to Latvia in 2000 and enjoyed it.

It would be slightly surreal, going to another country 1000 miles away, in a former Soviet state, to watch Bristol City play football. :blink:

A little like the Champions League?

Ok, maybe not... :ph34r:

Wouldn't fill me with the same excitement as a Champions League away fixture !!!

But hope you enjoy the trip.

Tickets booked today! I'll bring a friend (although not a big football fan, he's still big;), going to Riga on the Friday and staying until Wednesday.

Looking forward to meet you all!!

Would be cool if some of you could check if it's a possibility to go to some of the training-sessions during the stay in Riga, or if we'll "only" be limited to see the matches.

RIGA HERE WE COME!!!

Kjetil

Archived