IGNORED

Price Increase At 10,000

potbelly

Have you read the Club's response to Graham Clapp's letter of complaint re the increases included within his Season Ticket Renewal envelope?

You couldn't make some of it up - if not IT'S HERE

Seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me. The commentary on the letter is poor and bitter. If 8000 people have renewed/signed up then not that many actually care enough to not pay the money, as did your mate when he signed up anyway. Whinging about price rises when buying the ticket anyway gets you no-where!

Anything, absolutely anything to plug your website.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me. The commentary on the letter is poor and bitter. If 8000 people have renewed/signed up then not that many actually care enough to not pay the money, as did your mate when he signed up anyway. Whinging about price rises when buying the ticket anyway gets you no-where!

It's a very good website for content and banter. I used to be on there a lot until Rivals changed their software.

Firstly it's not my website, and I don't need to plug it, it is a relevant point in this thread, or at least I believe it is hence the link. Next time I'll PM you and ask your permission.

totally agree, seems like a fair response in the letter to me, don't see the problem?

as for plug of the website, the only way it gets the views is through contreversy and even then most just say, what a load of shit, if the site had any credibility to it, it would be worth worrying about.

instead it's just a stomping ground for someone to have a pop at the club, supporters club, supporters trust etc.

Have you read the Club's response to Graham Clapp's letter of complaint re the increases included within his Season Ticket Renewal envelope?

You couldn't make some of it up - if not IT'S HERE

Can anybody offer an explanation as to what the club are trying to get at here....

"Our season not finishing until May 5th led us to offer early bird prices to both existing season ticket holders and new purchasers as we did not feel there would be sufficient time for supporters to buy their tickets otherwise."

Is that not complete gobbledegook?

totally agree, seems like a fair response in the letter to me, don't see the problem?

as for plug of the website, the only way it gets the views is through contreversy and even then most just say, what a load of shit, if the site had any credibility to it, it would be worth worrying about.

instead it's just a stomping ground for someone to have a pop at the club, supporters club, supporters trust etc.

Robbo red gives me a sherbert lemon at away games to not have a pop at the SC.

Firstly it's not my website, and I don't need to plug it Then why do you? In nearly every post. It's even on your sig!, it is a relevant point in this thread, or at least I believe it is hence the link. Next time I'll PM you and ask your permission.

No thanks, I'm just wondering why you feel the need to link everything to the rivals site. Do you get money out of the traffic?

1)Simple question - Why?

2)What can the club possibly gain by raising the price again.

3)Is it to make the ones that have already bought feel better?

4)One more nonsensical policy to add to the list.

1) In the absence of 'early bird' or 'loyalty' discounts the club decided that 'discount' would apply to the first 10000 purchases.The problem with that is that most, if not all fans failed to see it as a 'discount'.

2) More income - plain and simple.

3) That was probably not part of the original plan - but I certainly feel better than the bloke who has to fork even more if he wants a ST.

4) I'd call it radical rather than nonsensical.The bottom line is that despite the 30% hike ST sales are better than ever.Thats a big surprise to me and many other fans but someone at the club was obviously right that such a big increase wouldn't put fans off buying ST's.

1) In the absence of 'early bird' or 'loyalty' discounts the club decided that 'discount' would apply to the first 10000 purchases.The problem with that is that most, if not all fans failed to see it as a 'discount'.

3) That was probably not part of the original plan - but I certainly feel better than the bloke who has to fork even more if he wants a ST.

4) I'd call it radical rather than nonsensical.The bottom line is that despite the 30% hike ST sales are better than ever.Thats a big surprise to me and many other fans but someone at the club was obviously right that such a big increase wouldn't put fans off buying ST's.

S T sales appear better than ever as you say,but faced with paying £600 POTD S Ts are good value and would lead any regular supporter to consider buying one, I think this has produced a false demand. As for a further price rise at 10k I believe this is another attempt by C S to scare people who would normally attend to buy before they miss out, this was also the threat to existing S T holders as a form of incentive instead of a loyalty discount (hurry up and buy or we'll sell your seat to the highest bidder).

S T sales appear better than ever as you say,but faced with paying £600 POTD S Ts are good value and would lead any regular supporter to consider buying one, I think this has produced a false demand. As for a further price rise at 10k I believe this is another attempt by C S to scare people who would normally attend to buy before they miss out, this was also the threat to existing S T holders as a form of incentive instead of a loyalty discount (hurry up and buy or we'll sell your seat to the highest bidder).

The bottom line is that the strategy employed by the club has worked - much to the surprise of many fans.Call it ruthless and calculated if you like but the ST sales are for all to see. Does the means justify the end?

Now what we want to see is the extra revenue used to strengthen the squad.

if you don't like the hike at 3pm on the 11th all stand up point to the directors box and boo for 60 seconds and keep doing it at every home game until he apologises oronce tv or the papers have picked up on it he will respond or back down , if you don't like the response continue.

peaceful and legal

The bottom line is that the strategy employed by the club has worked - much to the surprise of many fans.Call it ruthless and calculated if you like but the ST sales are for all to see. Does the means justify the end?

Robbored, there is no bottom line yet ! we don't know what revenue will be achieved ,how many people have not renewed,what our average attendances will be (excluding away support),wether this has alienated existing fans and future fans, if these sales are to new fans, or existing fans not wanting to miss out. The one major thing that is a fact is a lot of people are very upset instead of being excited about the forthcoming season. And it does seem to have taken the shine off of the promotion for a lot of people. I feel our home support will rise very slightly(which will be dissapointing)but revenue will rise. Wether that rise will be enough for future development of the playing staff is questionable, and I can see more rises on the horizon when we have a reduced capacity next season.

• SC&T Board Members
The bottom line is that the strategy employed by the club has worked -

Ah, but has it? Depends what you define as 'worked'? ST numbers are up, yes. But what will total attendances be like over the season? Are there now very few potential POTD customers left? Will lingering resentment come back to bite CS in the bum if the club were to get relegated in 10 months time? In that event, what would ST sales be like in 2008/09? Is their a value to fostering long-term customer loyalty? Is there a missed opportunity cost in not selling 15, 16 or 18,000 STs through more imaginaitve pricing? Will BCFC come to rue their premium pricing policy and lack of regard for loyalty in years to come???

Ah, but has it? Depends what you define as 'worked'? ST numbers are up, yes. But what will total attendances be like over the season? Are there now very few potential POTD customers left? Will lingering resentment come back to bite CS in the bum if the club were to get relegated in 10 months time? In that event, what would ST sales be like in 2008/09? Is their a value to fostering long-term customer loyalty? Is there a missed opportunity cost in not selling 15, 16 or 18,000 STs through more imaginaitve pricing? Will BCFC come to rue their premium pricing policy and lack of regard for loyalty in years to come???

You put it so much better than me.

'Worked' means that the club have/will reach their projected target for ST sales.That meets the POTD attendences don't really matter that much as enough income has come in from ST sales.Any added income from 'casual' supporters is a bonus.Lets not forget that away fan ticket sales will be far greater than last season.

Many fans have realised that its financially more prudent to buy a ST rather than fork out the high POTD prices - even if you don't plan to attend every home game.

If of course City get relegated then its back to the drawing board.......but I'm confident that despite the lack of activeity so far that Johnson wil be bringing in some new players.How they add to the squad remains to be seen.

I'm with Rich & Blagdon Red. Fill the stadium with loyal fans. That's how you become a big club.

Frank, totally agree with you but some of us (me,two kids etc) have been priced out! CS has cost me MY team and I personally will never forget it! The man is full of bull****!

To the vast majority who can afford it, I salute you,just wish I could! 31 seasons and that fool has forced me to miss MY and not HIS team.

Still,not renewed and unfortunately wont!

Thanks Colin.

U REDS

:laugh: NO SURPRISE THERE THEN!!!

i am not pleased with this price increase, i want a season ticket this season but i wanted to wait for the fitures to be produced

because of work comitments i cant go see city play on a sataurday :(

but because we have big games mostly on a tuesday it is worth a season ticket!!!

but cant afford it but ill have to rob a bank

Frank, totally agree with you but some of us (me,two kids etc) have been priced out! CS has cost me MY team and I personally will never forget it! The man is full of bull****!

To the vast majority who can afford it, I salute you,just wish I could! 31 seasons and that fool has forced me to miss MY and not HIS team.

Still,not renewed and unfortunately wont!

Thanks Colin.

U REDS

SL's interview on the main BCFC site says that the final decision on ST prices was made by Himself and Keith. He further mentioned that he, SL had done a survey of fellow ST holders, and 30% increase was seen as an acceptable increase.

Thats not to say that CS had no influence on the final decision, it just states that SL our Chairman and Keith made the final decision.

I think in the short term from a business point of view you'd have to say it's been roaring sucess from the clubs point of view. Although problems could surface further down the road, the majority have renewed but with a bad taste in the mouth! a bad season next time around could be the final straw for many who may stop purchasing ST.

I just hope the club use all this extra revenue to get the right quality of player so we are challenging at the right end of the table, relegation could see us selling the same amount of ST as the sags this time next year.

I can see what will happen, they keep harping on about the magical 10k, to try and make as many people who are undecided hurry up and purchase their season ticket, and then once the barrier of 10k is passed, it'll be extended for a further 1 or 2k "hurry tickets are limited" blah blah blah

No it hasnt worked at all. If we hadn't have had these DAFT price increases there would more than likely be 12-13000 ST next season. The ground would be full most weeks then.

Most City fans i know scoffed at the price HIKE and said they will just pick there games for next season.

You are totally out of touch when it comes to affordable pricing.........mind you, i expect your play off day with your Blue friends saved you a few ££££££ :disapointed2se:

SL's interview on the main BCFC site says that the final decision on ST prices was made by Himself and Keith. He further mentioned that he, SL had done a survey of fellow ST holders, and 30% increase was seen as an acceptable increase.

Thats not to say that CS had no influence on the final decision, it just states that SL our Chairman and Keith made the final decision.

Fair enough RnR, I stand corrected! Still very fed up about it though!

U REDS

Archived