IGNORED

Pj

yessir

Are we talking about Phiil Jevons the BCFC player, you know the one that scored 15 goals and is still at the club hasn't moved on has he, did I miss something. I must have done surely, we wouldn't be giving one of OUR players so much stick if he was still here would we, maybe we would, strange.

Sorry couldn't bring myself to go on the other thread to embarressed.

Its not as if people enter AG and tell him to F off and boo his every touch, well maybe some..

Point is, we need to stay up.

If we go down it'll be a disaster so we should be vigilant as to whether current squad members are up to the job.

No point being sentimental and nicey nice just because he's a BCFC player, he might not be good enough, hard truth.

Are we talking about Phiil Jevons the BCFC player, you know the one that scored 15 goals and is still at the club hasn't moved on has he, did I miss something. I must have done surely, we wouldn't be giving one of OUR players so much stick if he was still here would we, maybe we would, strange.

Whats strange about fans having an opinion about players? I would have thought thats perfectly normal.

Sorry couldn't bring myself to go on the other thread to embarressed.

you can tell it's the pre-season because you get people posting ridiculous threads like these :disapointed2se:

Whats strange about fans having an opinion about players? I would have thought thats perfectly normal.

Nothing wrong with fans having an opinion, but remember he played a part in getting us promoted it would be nice if we just enjoyed the moment until the season starts if he's shite in the ccc then know doubt you'll let him know.

Lets look at GJ's and SL's comments.

GJ is on record as saying last seasons successful squad will get their opportunity to prove themselves in the Champioship.

SL is on record as saying, whoever we sign will be better than the players we have.

Say we sign 2 strikers, then there's Brooker, Showumni, Williams, Plummer and Jevons. 7 players fighting for 1 or 2 front positions. Somebody will be dissapointed.

Lets look at GJ's and SL's comments.

GJ is on record as saying last seasons successful squad will get their opportunity to prove themselves in the Champioship.

SL is on record as saying, whoever we sign will be better than the players we have.

Say we sign 2 strikers, then there's Brooker, Showumni, Williams, Plummer and Jevons. 7 players fighting for 1 or 2 front positions. Somebody will be dissapointed.

Your dead right csg but surely we don't need to slaughter one of our own players wether we rate him or we don't,GJ knows where we have to strengthen and if PJ is surplus to requirements so be it. Last season was horses for courses

and he made a major contribution, this season we have to raise the bar that's everyone not just PJ

If your right, which you very well could be, i think it could be Plummer and Myrie-Williams that are disappointed. Purely down to experience. But i would like to see Williams used as a winger next season.

Its not as if people enter AG and tell him to F off and boo his every touch, well maybe some..

Point is, we need to stay up.

If we go down it'll be a disaster so we should be vigilant as to whether current squad members are up to the job.

No point being sentimental and nicey nice just because he's a BCFC player, he might not be good enough, hard truth.

He might not be good enough? So all the fans should rush in, tell him he's shit, blow his confidence and watch him probably not play well? Or get behind him, maybe see if he can score another gert lush volley and maybe not have to see another city player playing in blue?

you can tell it's the pre-season because you get people posting ridiculous threads like these :disapointed2se:

And your point in replying was what oh lordship?

We should get behind Jevons, until he's in blue hes city and hes one of the stars. Simple as that. As long as he is in red we should give him our all. No one else is being singled out, except Jevons, and for very little reason.

He might not be good enough? So all the fans should rush in, tell him he's shit, blow his confidence and watch him probably not play well? Or get behind him, maybe see if he can score another gert lush volley and maybe not have to see another city player playing in blue?

And your point in replying was what oh lordship?

We should get behind Jevons, until he's in blue hes city and hes one of the stars. Simple as that. As long as he is in red we should give him our all. No one else is being singled out, except Jevons, and for very little reason.

Skuse is in another thread. And, IMO, there is no reason for Skuse or Jevo to be abused after the season they had.

Skuse is in another thread. And, IMO, there is no reason for Skuse or Jevo to be abused after the season they had.

And they say bristolians are fickal? No idea why. These two were at the heart of the team last season, and before a ball is being kicked they're being slated. And folk wonder why our best tallent always leave early in their career.

We haven't played a game in the Championship but we have "experts" on here who seem to know for fact the players that will and won't be good enough.

I think that Jevons might be found to be wanting at this level as he never fully convinced me last season and his lack of strength and pace could find him out at a higher level, however, the only person whose judgement really counts is GJ. I am sure that, dependant on new players yet to arrive, that GJ will want to see how the existing players perform before deciding whether they come up to the required standard or are surplus to reuirements. If PJ has 10 goals under his belt by Christmas I, and I guess everyone else, will be more than happy.

I don't see anyone asking for McCombe to be ditched. Yet a case could easily be made that his lack of pace will be exposed by many strikers at this level and goals conceded as a result could be just as damaging as the lack of goals scored by PJ that so many are predicting.

I hope, and am sure, that one of GJ's messages to players is that they will all have to raise their game to a higher level in order to compete in the Championship and maintain a place in the team. I suspect we will be pleasantly surprised by how some players rise to the challenge, and equelly will be surprisingly disappointed by how others fail to improve and come up to the new standard required.

Roll on August!

Well I havnt told him personally he's shit for starters.

Secondly, if I think he is shit, its my right as a paying supporter to have that opinion.

All people are doing is giving opinions, most justified with what they've seen all season, so what your boggle is I'm not sure anybody on here knows!

Fact is, no matter how big a Jevons fan you are, he was poor all season long in League 1, so whats your counter argument based on, assuming you have one.

Well I havnt told him personally he's shit for starters.

Secondly, if I think he is shit, its my right as a paying supporter to have that opinion.

All people are doing is giving opinions, most justified with what they've seen all season, so what your boggle is I'm not sure anybody on here knows!

Fact is, no matter how big a Jevons fan you are, he was poor all season long in League 1, so whats your counter argument based on, assuming you have one.

Ha ha ha, boggle?

I can't argue with that!

Jevons, last season was not played in the role he came to the club for. He came to play off the target man (Brooks). This couldnt happen. Hence Jevons not playing towards the end of the season - he's not the type to play on his own up front, and the team didn't really have the balance with him and Showumni. Poor, would be Bas standard. 15 goals, regardless, is not poor.

I can't tell if you're being a person I disagree with or if you're taking the piss?

Ha ha ha, boggle?

I can't argue with that!

Jevons, last season was not played in the role he came to the club for. He came to play off the target man (Brooks). This couldnt happen. Hence Jevons not playing towards the end of the season - he's not the type to play on his own up front, and the team didn't really have the balance with him and Showumni. Poor, would be Bas standard. 15 goals, regardless, is not poor.

I can't tell if you're being a person I disagree with or if you're taking the piss?

If he put in more workrate I think he could have been more effective with Enoch, just lacked the instinct to get in the box when it mattered.

15 goals was his total?

Take away 3 penalties and a hatrick, 9 League goals in open play.

Why take away penalties, well because id back any of our players to take one and score, its an easy route to booster an otherwise failing goal count.

Take away 3 penalties and a hatrick, 9 League goals in open play.

Why take away penalties, well because id back any of our players to take one and score, its an easy route to booster an otherwise failing goal count.

Take away goals?

What an idiot.

15 goals is 15 goals, end of.

Do expand if I can?

Well I was going to point out the contradiction, but I don't want to confuse.

No contradiction there, unless you meant hypocrisy?

Take away goals?

What an idiot.

15 goals is 15 goals, end of.

So you would accept it if Jevons scored 15 penalties all season then, out of curiosity?

Jevons was not what i expected last season, However you & Many others are being very harsh.

Jevons scored the most goals to get us promotion and played his role in the team.

I'm still not convinced one way or the other, Give Jevons a go in CCC- Who knows what he can do?

What would the Club be like if dezgimed was in charge, A bloody shambles i imagine!

Thank God we have GJ as our manager- A man who does know what he is on about!

What would the Club be like if dezgimed was in charge, A bloody shambles i imagine!

Thank God we have GJ as our manager- A man who does know what he is on about!

Ive said in the original thread I hope he proves me wrong.

All I'm interested in is staying up, not being over sentimental, if a player (any player) isnt good enough, why pretend otherwise?

If GJ knows best, why is it rumoured that PJ is on his way out? How likely is it he'll be our number 1 striker on the team sheet each week, if thats what he is.

No contradiction there, unless you meant hypocrisy?

So you would accept it if Jevons scored 15 penalties all season then, out of curiosity?

The whole thing this summer has been folk crying out for a 15-20 a season scorer. So yes. A goal's a goal.

If GJ knows best, why is it rumoured that PJ is on his way out? How likely is it he'll be our number 1 striker on the team sheet each week, if thats what he is.

Rumoured? Doesn't mean it has substance does it.

Point being, like you confirmed, this is mere specualtion. All we can do is get behind Jevons/Skuse/whoever else you fancy scapegoating so it doesn't go to the detriment of the team

Ive said in the original thread I hope he proves me wrong.

All I'm interested in is staying up, not being over sentimental, if a player (any player) isnt good enough, why pretend otherwise?

How do know any of our players aint good enough?

Why single out last seasons top scorer?

What about a ageing Scotty, Mcallister or Bradley Orr? None of us know YET!

But GJ has more of an idea than any of us on here!

Jesus how a thread gets out of hand, all I'm saying is I don't think he is good enough.

I'm not lambasting the guy at games or anything.

One final point if I may,

Jevons was our top scorer last season, so he's our best striker. Therefore he definately starts on August 11th.

Happy with that?

Smacks of hypocrisy when everyone sticks up for Jevons so much then are gagging for us to sign Trundle, Holt, Pospisil, Finnboggson etc.

:surrender:

Archived