IGNORED

Any Other Teams Apart From City?

Pack’s Chin

For some reason I always like the the underdogs in the top divisions. I used to support the old Wimbledon in the Vinny Jones and Robbie Earl days, I thought they were great. I have to admit that even though I don't't support them Manchester United for the past 10 years have been a different class and I always enjoy watching them.. But apart form City my second team is Mangotsfield United.

Stenhousemeuir (sp) don't know why, just like the name, i have always looked out for their results ever since i was a nipper.

have to say, When i was little, I liked Queen Of The South simply because of the name and actually managed them on CM 5 or 6 years ago.

Now, one my favourite scottish teams is East Stirlingshire because i have heard they been rock bottom for the last 6 seasons and i feel really sorry for there fans. they also made a book called "Pointless - supporting the worst team in Britain" or something like that. good old East Stirling :winner_third_h4h:

Even had the nack of being them on FM, but lost to many games and quit in a huff. :disapointed2se:

Hi, does anybody support or have a soft sort for any other team apart from city? although i am city through and through.. i have always had a soft spot for spurs! I'm definatly buying there shirt this season.........

Newcastle United -when my hero Kevin Keegan took over.....some people thought I was jumping on the band wagon when they gotin the prem....but when Keegan took over they were below us....

And just before this post getsthe usual....oh god how can you support anyon but City posts....I am City through andthrough - I am 38 and have been goin down the gate since I was 3....!!

But I feel when there are so many premiership games shown now - why shouldn't people have other teams they like or follow...? Many people have Sky Sports and it makes for far better viewing when you have an active interest in the games.

Like, I suspect, many City fans in Somerset, I have a soft spot for Yeovil, the county's first & only league team.

I've been turning up at Ashton Gate off & on since 1968 when I lived further north (still in Somerset) but now live nearer Yeovil than Bristol.

Of course for years I hoped Yeovil would get into the league, and was happy when they did. Then they made it awkward by getting too close for comfort! Now, for a season at least, I can relax & support them again.

That's the trouble with second teams - they can get uppity.

Having lived in The Netherlands for a year and a half, I watched a fair amount of football there.

I watched PSV for a season before watching Roda JC, before settling for AZ Alkmaar, who I have been over to watch since returning to Blighty.

City are my first team now (been a regular for 15 years), but originally they only became my second team because they had the same colours as my original childhood team.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the club with the official world record for the most registered supporters, no not Man Utd thankyou very much, the legendary SL Benfica.

Benfica.gif

Newcastle United -when my hero Kevin Keegan took over.....some people thought I was jumping on the band wagon when they gotin the prem....but when Keegan took over they were below us....

And just before this post getsthe usual....oh god how can you support anyon but City posts....I am City through andthrough - I am 38 and have been goin down the gate since I was 3....!!

But I feel when there are so many premiership games shown now - why shouldn't people have other teams they like or follow...? Many people have Sky Sports and it makes for far better viewing when you have an active interest in the games.

Good shout, I have always supported Man Utd aswell as when i was younger they were the only team that seemed to be on the T.V (or maybe my dad made me think that so that i followed them), still it gives me some enjoyment out of match on the day on a saturday night! But nevertheless i am also City through and through but like watching games on t.v without just being a mutual, but if City were ever to get in the prem i would not need to follow MU as I will always prefer my local team!

Newcastle United - Alan Shearer was the first footballer that I heard of whilst I started getting into football. Ive only been up to St James' once (the 4-1 defeat to bloody Fulham of all teams) but hopefully go back there next season.

The first footballer i heard of was Cantona, thats probably another reason i like Man Utd

Ive been to old trafford 3 times

1 Game Against Wimbledon which was 4-1 and Andy cole got a hat-trick

1 Game against Chelsea 1-0 Darren Fletcher

and went on a tour around the ground the other time.

I believe that if you support Bristol City, it's impossible to support any other team. Supporting, to me, is going through the turnstiles week-in, week-out and if you support Bristol City, then there's no way you can do it for any other team. Armchair fan, yes. Supporter? Not a chance. Buying the Shirt and watching them when they are on the box does not qualify you as a supporter.

Soft-spot? Yes, I guess we all look out for other teams results. My "soft-spot" teams are Man City (the only team in Manchester supported by Mancunians), Queens Park and Clevedon Town.

Archived