IGNORED

Any Other Teams Apart From City?

Pack’s Chin

I believe that if you support Bristol City, it's impossible to support any other team. Supporting, to me, is going through the turnstiles week-in, week-out and if you support Bristol City, then there's no way you can do it for any other team. Armchair fan, yes. Supporter? Not a chance. Buying the Shirt and watching them when they are on the box does not qualify you as a supporter.

Soft-spot? Yes, I guess we all look out for other teams results. My "soft-spot" teams are Man City (the only team in Manchester supported by Mancunians), Queens Park and Clevedon Town.

I disagree i watch Man Utd on t.v a lot, by doing this i am giving them my support, whether its heard or not is invalid, i am still supporting them to win.

I disagree i watch Man Utd on t.v a lot, by doing this i am giving them my support, whether its heard or not is invalid, i am still supporting them to win.

And I disagree with you. You are not a supporter, you are an Armchair fan. There is a difference. How many times have you been to Old Trafford, "supporter"?

And I disagree with you. You are not a supporter, you are an Armchair fan. There is a difference. How many times have you been to Old Trafford, "supporter"?

You're both correct in the literal sense lads. He is supporting them (as in willing them to do well) but cant really be described as a supporter (who follows their team live).

I believe that if you support Bristol City, it's impossible to support any other team. Supporting, to me, is going through the turnstiles week-in, week-out and if you support Bristol City, then there's no way you can do it for any other team. Armchair fan, yes. Supporter? Not a chance. Buying the Shirt and watching them when they are on the box does not qualify you as a supporter.

Soft-spot? Yes, I guess we all look out for other teams results. My "soft-spot" teams are Man City (the only team in Manchester supported by Mancunians), Queens Park and Clevedon Town.

I wholeheartedly agree. Earlier in this thread I said Liverpool are my second team, and they are, BUT... Although I want them to win and like it when they do, my feelings for them come nowhere near my feelings for City. I took my (Liverpool mad) daughter to Anfield a couple of times last season (Bolton - good game & Everton - Yawn Bore Draw) and when Liverpool scored (Bolton game) I stood and clapped and was probably smiling, but... Cut to 2 weeks later, scene Burnden Park, Carlisle, City score and I leap around like a demented loon. You can follow a second team and I genuinely like Liverpool but it is not even a pale imitation to how I feel about City - I have even tried to fake it - you can't!

Saw a survey recently that said that the average British man was 25 times more likely to change his wife than he was to change his team.

BCFC = Life Sentence with no hope of parole.

Like, I suspect, many City fans in Somerset, I have a soft spot for Yeovil, the county's first & only league team.

I've been turning up at Ashton Gate off & on since 1968 when I lived further north (still in Somerset) but now live nearer Yeovil than Bristol.

Of course for years I hoped Yeovil would get into the league, and was happy when they did. Then they made it awkward by getting too close for comfort! Now, for a season at least, I can relax & support them again.

That's the trouble with second teams - they can get uppity.

I completely agree.

Being also originally from Somerset (near Bridgy) I always followed Yeovil in the conference, even going along to a few games when I used to live closer. Was delighted to see them go up into the league but when they got into League 1, like you say, they got a bit close for comfort and I was desperate for City to beat them and have a better season than them. I now can have a favourite team in League 1 apart from City, hopefully for more than 1 season.

Oh for **** sake this is petty, i have already said previous how many times i have been, no I'm not a regular but who cares, the wordings different but the meaning is almost identical.

My second team is Morecambe due to being brought up there. Nice to see them get into the football league this year. First starting watching them when i was 11 or 12 infront of crowds of 200 in the mighty Unibond league. Just a shame Rovers couldn't have stayed down.

OCG Nice - had a season ticket there for a year, though hardly went as they seem to like playing games at 8pm Saturday nights in France, which isn't really the best time for a non-committed fan like me.

Also got a soft spot for Marseille - best atmosphere I've ever seen at a football ground was for a dull mid-table 0-0 against a nothing team at the Velodrome a few years back. Most passionate fans in the world I reckon.

Also Yate Town and Mangotsfield.

Leeds United are my soft spot team, really wanted them to stay up so i could go to Elland rd and watch city win, My leeds united mate and myself went to ashton gate a few seasons ago to watch the City V Leeds Friendly. 0-0 didn't realise at the time but that was the last time i saw Leeds with the likes of batty , Smith and the rest.

Leeds United are my soft spot team, really wanted them to stay up so i could go to Elland rd and watch city win, My leeds united mate and myself went to ashton gate a few seasons ago to watch the City V Leeds Friendly. 0-0 didn't realise at the time but that was the last time i saw Leeds with the likes of batty , Smith and the rest.

They were sh1t then and there much worse now. Never forget the incident during that game though when the ball was booted on top of the Williams stand, then came down and landed straight on top of the unsuspectiong cameraman's bonce! Absolutely hilarious!

They were sh1t then and there much worse now. Never forget the incident during that game though when the ball was booted on top of the Williams stand, then came down and landed straight on top of the unsuspectiong cameraman's bonce! Absolutely hilarious!

That was brilliant

couldnt have hit him any sweeter!

thank you everybody for posting... keep them coming..... i remember my 1st game at city.... vs nottingham forest in 1999 i think it was..... we drew with them 0-0 in the worthington cup.... that must of been the season they came down a suppose???!! great day out.... followed the reds ever since

I believe that if you support Bristol City, it's impossible to support any other team.

You're right. One club will be always most important. But its absolutely normal to sympathize with some other teams. In my opinion its absolutely clear: I'm supporter of Polonia Warszawa, but my favourite team abroad is Bristol City.

When i'm watching a World Cup I'm supporting Poland and sympathizing with Croatia, Mexico...

When i'm watching a Champions League i'm sympathizing with teams with polish players (for example: Liverpool 2 years ago) etc...

I've got favourite team in almost every country. But i know that there is one most important team.

Yep, but if you don't live in the country, its a wee bit difficult to watch City eh? City first last and always, but when I lived abroad, I followed a local team.....

I wholeheartedly agree. Earlier in this thread I said Liverpool are my second team, and they are, BUT... Although I want them to win and like it when they do, my feelings for them come nowhere near my feelings for City. I took my (Liverpool mad) daughter to Anfield a couple of times last season (Bolton - good game & Everton - Yawn Bore Draw) and when Liverpool scored (Bolton game) I stood and clapped and was probably smiling, but... Cut to 2 weeks later, scene Burnden Park, Carlisle, City score and I leap around like a demented loon. You can follow a second team and I genuinely like Liverpool but it is not even a pale imitation to how I feel about City - I have even tried to fake it - you can't!

Saw a survey recently that said that the average British man was 25 times more likely to change his wife than he was to change his team.

BCFC = Life Sentence with no hope of parole.

Yeah I totaly agree - having said that I like Newcastle (I have shirts, scarf etc...) they don't even come in the same universe as City - that explains what City mean to me....!

Nice to have another team to follow but the support isnt in the same league s your no.1 !!!

Archived