IGNORED

Steve Switch Off The Light On The Way Out

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

Well now you have made your position clear with regards investment into the club, I think its only fair that you start looking for some sort of take over of the club.

Start by bring more people onto the board then start going into the market place to get some big money backers or a least try.

There are not many clubs who don't need investing in and City just moving up a division need to build a squad to hold its own without financial backing we are dead in the water.

There may be no one out there who would take up the challenge but at least try

I have not seen the report yet but if its true that tells me why we are not signing the right players and looking for the cheaper option

Apart from the title a very balanced post there from ashtonyate.

I don't agree with clubs gambling with their financial futures or the way that covering a loss seems to count as an "investment" in the wacky world of football.

The Glazers' investment at Man Utd means they have now been landed with a massive debt that needs to have the interest paid on it and that money would previously have been spent on players & facilities. So teh club is actually worse off under its new owners.

The only incomer who would be good news would be someone like Walker at Blackburn or Hayward at Wolves where they come in and spend lots of money on the club they love and then write off the debt. Apart from somebody like that I don't think change of ownership would be a good thing; Steve & Colin are doing fine IMHO.

Seriously AY, just f off and support someone else.

Whilst you are entitled to your views the constant bashing of the board and the manager is now extremely tiresome.

You are a boring man with nothing good to say about anyone at the club. please take your negativity to the blue side.

Guest ashtonyate
Seriously AY, just f off and support someone else.

Whilst you are entitled to your views the constant bashing of the board and the manager is now extremely tiresome.

You are a boring man with nothing good to say about anyone at the club. please take your negativity to the blue side.

I am not bashing the board they do that there self its a fair comment on Lansdowne Statment do you think we can stay up with out investment

STOP!!!! No-one light a match, and Steve certainly don't switch any lights off!!!! I smell GAS!

I've not been on here for long, but this guy is unbelievable. Lansdowne is a good chairman, I'd rather have him any day over Abrahmovic, Glazer, <insert names of Czech oil barons here>, Lerner etc. I don't want us to sign players for tens of millions, get relegated anyway and then be in massive debt or worse, be in a Leeds situation.

Ashtonyate, please just support someone else, Chelsea or Man Utd seem to be more your sort of club.

Stewart

Lazy journalism at it it's finest - take the interview SL gave weeks ago on BCFCWorld - respin it and come up with an article that doesnt tell us anything new - doesnt give us new facts and the editor of the sports section at Evening Post should be asking for more "new original" content rather than a rehash of an interview given weeks ago.

"Written by Andy Stockhausen, Bristol Evening Post" - lazy arsed mechanic get off your backside and do some journalism that your family would be proud to say was your work.

I am not bashing the board they do that there self its a fair comment on Lansdowne Statment do you think we can stay up with out investment

The article in the post was v. disappointing to read, when i think of what percentage of my income i spend and have spent for over 30 years it was not what i wanted to see, i still think he's playing cautious though and am convinced (hopeful) that a top striker is on his way, as for Sextone doing a good job, that is just a kick in the teeth for the many of us who could not afford a season ticket for the first time for many seasons after putting up with utter dross for many years

I'm obviously in a minority, but I find Ashtonyate's mutterings rather entertaining.

I'm with you KNR, I'd really miss him if he went. We would lose the pantomime villian element to the board that has kept me going all summer.

AshtonYate is behind you...

Oh no he's not...

(join in when you're ready)

Oh yes he is...

I'm obviously in a minority, but I find Ashtonyate's mutterings rather entertaining.

I also find his posts not only entertaining but sometimes very close to what could be construed as the truth, although as everyone knows the truth does sometimes often hurt especially when blinded by blind faith and ignorance!

Just telling him to go away or accusing him of being gas only belittles the authors of those statements.

Just like him I believe that SL should inject a little more of his wealth in the club to ensure survival

If you had his money would you?

Guest ashtonyate
ashtonyate, please do all of us a favour and **** off and don't write on here again

your not liked here, so why bother posting and backing it up with s***

Can't you not stand it there never mine I not liked here oh dear I am sorry grow up its a forum people give there view thats what forum are for

Well now you have made your position clear with regards investment into the club, I think its only fair that you start looking for some sort of take over of the club.

Start by bring more people onto the board then start going into the market place to get some big money backers or a least try.

There are not many clubs who don't need investing in and City just moving up a division need to build a squad to hold its own without financial backing we are dead in the water.

There may be no one out there who would take up the challenge but at least try

I have not seen the report yet but if its true that tells me why we are not signing the right players and looking for the cheaper option

I like you Ashtonyate but this is going far to long.

Lazy journalism at it it's finest - take the interview SL gave weeks ago on BCFCWorld - respin it and come up with an article that doesnt tell us anything new - doesnt give us new facts and the editor of the sports section at Evening Post should be asking for more "new original" content rather than a rehash of an interview given weeks ago.

"Written by Andy Stockhausen, Bristol Evening Post" - lazy arsed mechanic get off your backside and do some journalism that your family would be proud to say was your work.

As said many times before the EP is totally ran by Gas from the editor in chief down to the bloke who sells the rag outside the Odeon

As said many times before the EP is totally ran by Gas from the editor in chief down to the bloke who sells the rag outside the Odeon

Oh grow up please, If you venture on the gas site they will tell you its run by shitheads from the top down.

Its just a crap local daily that is just as bad for both teams

Guest ashtonyate
I like you Ashtonyate but this is going far to long.

Why its a response to his article if he does not want to do the job and invest then get someone who will, the trouble is the board is so insular it needs more views and made bigger.

Why its a response to his article if he does not want to do the job and invest then get someone who will, the trouble is the board is so insular it needs more views and made bigger.

your recent posting well they are driving me to the edge......I think I've reached the point, where I'm going to get my account closed on this forum and ask if I can be IP blocked, because quite simply I am sick to utter death of the constant and consistent rubbish that is being spouted at the moment by ashtonyate!

p.s - to call him a gashead is unfair on the gas,

Archived