IGNORED

Steve Switch Off The Light On The Way Out

Guest ashtonyate

Oh grow up please, If you venture on the gas site they will tell you its run by shitheads from the top down.

Its just a crap local daily that is just as bad for both teams

You grow up dopey, i know for a fact that the ed in chief of the post used to stand on the tote end, has never been to AG (other than to watch the Gas play) and has told me himself that most of the top knobs at the rag are indeed Gas, I KNOW THE MAN VERY WELL, as for going on the gas site, l wouldn't entertain it, perhaps you should go back on it

What the chuff are you on about??

Can anyone translate?

I'll give it a go...

[Can't you not stand it there never mine I not liked here oh dear I am sorry grow up its a forum people give there view thats what forum are for]

'Can you stand over there? It is never mine because I am not liked. Oh dear, I am sorry I need to grow up. This is a forum full of people who give their views and that is what a forum is for.'

I think I got pretty close there but might be out on one or two phrases. I realise the second sentence makes little sense but I tried to make it sound correct nonetheless.

As an occasional poster I often click on Ashton Yate's posts as I know there is good banter going on, mainly the guy is a buffoon and the responses to his posts crack me up.

I am now sick of his idiotic ramblings and feel for the good of this forum he should be banned.

Can this be arranged?

BAN ASHTONYATE FOR LIFE THE GUY IS A SAGHEAD.

WE DON'T NEED YOUR TYPE DOWN THE GATE

What Steve L says is broadly correct from both a business and long term perspective. In any walk of life, if you take for granted handouts and charity you'll end up with an unhealthy dependency which promotes an incapacity to generate money for yourself. Something which is only bad news in the long run for City.

Yes Abramovich and Glazer etc throw money at their clubs but those are operations which have the size and turnover to continue generating a profit long after those two benefactors have gone. Steve L is astute enough to know that this isn't yet the case at Ashton Gate. Using his money as substitute for developing a business will hurt us in the end.

So his remarks are valid and a bit of thought from the original poster might have recognised that. The only criticism that I can see is that Steve L's view as reported by the BEPP is sorely lacking any reference to the sales of Lita and Cotterill. To talk of using money generated by the club but not clarify how that £3 million was used plays up to the critics.

So his remarks are valid and a bit of thought from the original poster might have recognised that. The only criticism that I can see is that Steve L's view as reported by the BEPP is sorely lacking any reference to the sales of Lita and Cotterill. To talk of using money generated by the club but not clarify how that £3 million was used plays up to the critics.

The £3m wasn't used for anything specific, it just covered the last couple of years' losses.

Why its a response to his article if he does not want to do the job and invest then get someone who will, the trouble is the board is so insular it needs more views and made bigger.

I agree with every single word in that article. Can't you read? We will get our two strikers. You should appology for that title!

Calm down people, it ain't his fault.

Dr Mozo has diagnosed AshtonYate as a sufferer of the illness known as 'Football Hyperchondria' - he has an irrational negative disposition, that makes everything related to BCFC appear foreboding and desperate.

I think some sympathy is needed.

Apart from the title a very balanced post there from ashtonyate.

I don't agree with clubs gambling with their financial futures or the way that covering a loss seems to count as an "investment" in the wacky world of football.

The Glazers' investment at Man Utd means they have now been landed with a massive debt that needs to have the interest paid on it and that money would previously have been spent on players & facilities. So teh club is actually worse off under its new owners.

The only incomer who would be good news would be someone like Walker at Blackburn or Hayward at Wolves where they come in and spend lots of money on the club they love and then write off the debt. Apart from somebody like that I don't think change of ownership would be a good thing; Steve & Colin are doing fine IMHO.

Looking at Man Utds spending this pre-season, about £40m plus Tevez, I can't see how the Glazers have been bad for Man Utd, especially as they're strengthening AFTER a Premiership win.As you've said the club aren't in debt, the Glazers are.So hoe exactly are Man Utd worse off??

Man Utd reported a whopping great profit for last season. Nice to see someone who likes CS though-not just Ashton Yate in a majority of one!.

STOP!!!! No-one light a match, and Steve certainly don't switch any lights off!!!! I smell GAS!

I've not been on here for long, but this guy is unbelievable. Lansdowne is a good chairman, I'd rather have him any day over Abrahmovic, Glazer, <insert names of Czech oil barons here>, Lerner etc. I don't want us to sign players for tens of millions, get relegated anyway and then be in massive debt or worse, be in a Leeds situation.

Ashtonyate, please just support someone else, Chelsea or Man Utd seem to be more your sort of club.

Stewart

That's pretty farcical really.Abramovich's money bought Premiership titles for the first time in about fifty years plus cup wins.For those of us that saw Chelsea as a Championship club will a tumble down stadium not so many years ago, that was a massive change,They'll be in the top two this season for sure and may win other cups.Lerner has brought Martin O'Neil to Villa and he's taking them forward,slowly but surely.Under Lerner season tickets sales have increased to record levels AND the price has been cut.

Liverpool made the final of the European cup with American owners, have spent about £32m on TWO world class players and are planning a £300m 60,000 Seater Stadium.

Still, God Forbid we try that at City

Leeds was completely ****ed up by English owners/management, Leeds fan as well, or so he said, think about that.

ashtonyate, please do all of us a favour and **** off and don't write on here again

your not liked here, so why bother posting and backing it up with s***

So post a counter argument that's factual and concise to discredit what he says.

For example-answer this:"What is The Chairmans role at our club-Any Chairmans role, if you like?

Does it involve investing money or is it simply to own the club?

What else is a Chairman for?

People have mentioned Jack Walker, Majdeski.Wolves were £30m in debt under Hayward and his agreement to sell and write off that debt, was based on the new owner Liverpool fan Steve Morgan of Redrow Homes providing £30m for new players.

Take away the money that these guys have spent on the stadiums and the teams and the clubs would still be in the doldrums.They had vision AND the balls to plough plenty in and that's what they'll be remembered for not "cautious stewardship"

I agree with every single word in that article. Can't you read? We will get our two strikers. You should appology for that title!

If you read the article carefully you will see that the new bit is that the EP say that GJ is struggling to bring targets in.That's the bit that hasn't been said before.I hope the "one or two players" that keep being mentioned are coming.If that happens are they're the right players, I'll be happy with our approach to pre-season.

Then GJ may transfer list one or two, as per last season-Partridge for example.

STOP!!!! No-one light a match, and Steve certainly don't switch any lights off!!!! I smell GAS!

I've not been on here for long, but this guy is unbelievable. Lansdowne is a good chairman, I'd rather have him any day over Abrahmovic, Glazer, <insert names of Czech oil barons here>, Lerner etc. I don't want us to sign players for tens of millions, get relegated anyway and then be in massive debt or worse, be in a Leeds situation.

Ashtonyate, please just support someone else, Chelsea or Man Utd seem to be more your sort of club.

Stewart

So where has Lerner gone wrong? Season Tickets pegged to 2005 prices, a large number of "special offers" in the North Stand, where a Season Ticket for Junior was a huge £50, and a new kit which has a huge number of pre orders, and is having to be brought out earlier than anticipated. I'd say Villa fans were a happy bunch, and lerner has learned quickly.

As an occasional poster I often click on Ashton Yate's posts as I know there is good banter going on, mainly the guy is a buffoon and the responses to his posts crack me up.

I am now sick of his idiotic ramblings and feel for the good of this forum he should be banned.

Can this be arranged?

No, but you should be banned for asking for it.

This is a forum-not a glee club for happy clappys-Debate the situation, don't just jump on the bandwagon like the other muppets!

So where has Lerner gone wrong? Season Tickets pegged to 2005 prices, a large number of "special offers" in the North Stand, where a Season Ticket for Junior was a huge £50, and a new kit which has a huge number of pre orders, and is having to be brought out earlier than anticipated. I'd say Villa fans were a happy bunch, and Lerner has learned quickly.

If you read the article carefully you will see that the new bit is that the EP say that GJ is struggling to bring targets in.That's the bit that hasn't been said before.

Yes it might not have been said before but it wasnt said by anyone at Bristol City - if you think someone's opinions is new then sure it's new but it is not relevent if it is from someone who does not work at Bristol City - if it is indeed the view of a journalist and his words are new then it's just lazy journalism - there is no new factual content in that article that wasn't in SL interview a few weeks ago on BCFC World.

Well now you have made your position clear with regards investment into the club, I think its only fair that you start looking for some sort of take over of the club.

Start by bring more people onto the board then start going into the market place to get some big money backers or a least try.

There are not many clubs who don't need investing in and City just moving up a division need to build a squad to hold its own without financial backing we are dead in the water.

There may be no one out there who would take up the challenge but at least try

I have not seen the report yet but if its true that tells me why we are not signing the right players and looking for the cheaper option

Spending loads and loads of cash very nearly killed the club last time we went up, and is one of the reasons we we stuck in that crappy division for so many years.

Does anyone else think that these comments are directed at the clubs we are trying to sign players off?

Everyone has heard about his windfall and the clubs are trying to add a few noughts onto transfer fees.

Seems like sensible practise to me. What do you think AY?

If you read the article carefully you will see that the new bit is that the EP say that GJ is struggling to bring targets in.That's the bit that hasn't been said before.I hope the "one or two players" that keep being mentioned are coming.If that happens are they're the right players, I'll be happy with our approach to pre-season.

Then GJ may transfer list one or two, as per last season-Partridge for example.

I have read the "new thing" somewhere else before for sure. We can agree the price with other clubs but not the personal terms. Let's be confident we can get the right players in. Gary for sure got an eye for that.

Yes it might not have been said before but it wasnt said by anyone at Bristol City - if you think someone's opinions is new then sure it's new but it is not relevent if it is from someone who does not work at Bristol City - if it is indeed the view of a journalist and his words are new then it's just lazy journalism - there is no new factual content in that article that wasn't in SL interview a few weeks ago on BCFC World.

So do you think the EP are making that bit up or they have spoken to SL on the subject again?

I have read the "new thing" somewhere else before for sure. We can agree the price with other clubs but not the personal terms. Let's be confident we can get the right players in. Gary for sure got an eye for that.

That may be true.

However his record with strikers, permentaly and load, have been dodgy at best. His abilty to bring in quailty strikers and work well with the current strikers could may well make or break our season and GJ's career.

Looking at Man Utds spending this pre-season, about £40m plus Tevez, I can't see how the Glazers have been bad for Man Utd, especially as they're strengthening AFTER a Premiership win.As you've said the club aren't in debt, the Glazers are.So hoe exactly are Man Utd worse off??

Sorry BB, agree with most of what you write, but the bit above is wrong. It is indeed the club that has taken on the debt, rather than the Glazers. The Glazers organised it all and then as part of the transaction it was in effect "transferred" to the club. Man Utd are the ones with who pay the interest.

The good news is that the Glazers realise that they will only be financially successful if the team is successful... it's this on-field success that drives TV payments/ticket revenue/merchandise sales. Hence the outlay on players now.

(Before any quibbles - my firm arranged the financing so I'm quite close to this.)

As an aside - how are Man Utd worse off? Well, as a club they're not. Fans have had to put up with some pretty steep increases in season tickets though...

It does not say having interviewed GJ on the Latvian Tour he confirmed that he is having trouble signing his targets.

It does not say SL having been interviewed today said "GJ is having trouble signing his target"

What it does say "is Johnson's priority remains a striker and City fans are becoming anxious at a perceived lack of firepower at the manager's disposal." - not a direct quote but a supisition. and it says "One option available to Johnson is a like-for-like replacement, but the manager has so far experienced difficulty in landing any of his preferred targets." again not a direct quote and again they are coming to a conclusion - these may be accuyrate assumptions but they are not attributable to any new interview and in my view is a journalist without any sources to go to directly to and unable to speak to SL CS or GJ has dug up info from BCFC World to come up with an article that provides us with "no new factual content".

I don't think he has had an interview of any length with anyone at Bristol City in the last couple of days that led to this article - infact if he had an interview or spoken to anyone then I would expect "new information" to have been solicited either that or he did have an interview but only got info that was already in the public domain and if he knew his job he would know it was in the public domain and ask different questions to get "NEWS".

Spending loads and loads of cash very nearly killed the club last time we went up, and is one of the reasons we we stuck in that crappy division for so many years.

It was what we spent the money on more than spending it.Any money spent MUST be spent wisely and in the right areas and that's why you buy what your manager asks for.

We squandered more under Pulis on rubbish like Steve Jones at £400k and various other crocks.Poor management and poor leadership had far more to do with our exile than spending money after we were promoted.

I don't see to many people telling SL to spend, spend, spend but we are now paying a lot more to watch our football and that's been introduced so that GJ can compete in this Division-CS & SL's words not mine-OK, fair enough, compete and that means you have to target players that will improve on what we have-SL said (not me) that our wage bill will double.

That indicates quite clearly that he realises, as an astute and wealthy man that you gets what you pays for........and he's right, so if the right players cost £1.5m and want £6kpw then that's the market rate.It's no good saying well, we'll pay you £3k and offering their club £500k!

If we want to progress we may have to bite the bullet and speculate to accumulate-People are looking at SL for the money for one reason-He's the guvnor and he's got it.If we do well and reach the Prem he'd get that back ten fold.

It does not say having interviewed GJ on the Latvian Tour he confirmed that he is having trouble signing his targets.

It does not say SL having been interviewed today said "GJ is having trouble signing his target"

What it does say "is Johnson's priority remains a striker and City fans are becoming anxious at a perceived lack of firepower at the manager's disposal." - not a direct quote but a supisition. and it says "One option available to Johnson is a like-for-like replacement, but the manager has so far experienced difficulty in landing any of his preferred targets." again not a direct quote and again they are coming to a conclusion - these may be accuyrate assumptions but they are not attributable to any new interview and in my view is a journalist without any sources to go to directly to and unable to speak to SL CS or GJ has dug up info from BCFC World to come up with an article that provides us with "no new factual content".

I don't think he has had an interview of any length with anyone at Bristol City in the last couple of days that led to this article - infact if he had an interview or spoken to anyone then I would expect "new information" to have been solicited either that or he did have an interview but only got info that was already in the public domain and if he knew his job he would know it was in the public domain and ask different questions to get "NEWS".

How about this; "But the manager has so far experienced difficulty in landing any of his preferred targets". "City are unable to match the wages being offered by many of their championship rivals".

I know what it doesn't say and I didn't say it was a direct quote

What it does say "is Johnson's priority remains a striker and City fans are becoming anxious at a perceived lack of firepower at the manager's disposal." - not a direct quote but a supisition.

I'd say he's been reading the forum :D

and it says "One option available to Johnson is a like-for-like replacement, but the manager has so far experienced difficulty in landing any of his preferred targets." again not a direct quote and again they are coming to a conclusion - these may be accuyrate assumptions but they are not attributable to any new interview and in my view is a journalist without any sources to go to directly to and unable to speak to SL CS or GJ has dug up info from BCFC World to come up with an article that provides us with "no new factual content".

"The manager has so far experienced difficulty in landing any of his preferred targets" is a statement of fact, as written and eludes by the use of the word "any" to the fact that he's had more than one bid knocked back which is entirely different from when GJ said "We haven't lost any of our targets" a few weeks ago on World.At least, it's a different slant/spin take your pick

It could well be that he has some column inches to spare and that the news eminating from AG isn't huge-Thus a bit of a rehash and possibly a telephone call-Who knows, but we ain't signed a striker or two, yet!

That may be true.

However his record with strikers, permentaly and load, have been dodgy at best. His abilty to bring in quailty strikers and work well with the current strikers could may well make or break our season and GJ's career.

eh? Enoch & Jevons did well enough last season for the league we were in, both had injury issues, however both hit mid double figures so did they part.

good forwards is always the toughest position to fill for any manager

Sorry BB, agree with most of what you write, but the bit above is wrong. It is indeed the club that has taken on the debt, rather than the Glazers. The Glazers organised it all and then as part of the transaction it was in effect "transferred" to the club. Man Utd are the ones with who pay the interest.

The good news is that the Glazers realise that they will only be financially successful if the team is successful... it's this on-field success that drives TV payments/ticket revenue/merchandise sales. Hence the outlay on players now.

(Before any quibbles - my firm arranged the financing so I'm quite close to this.)

As an aside - how are Man Utd worse off? Well, as a club they're not. Fans have had to put up with some pretty steep increases in season tickets though...

Thanks City Ben, saved me looking up a source for this.

Archived