IGNORED

Steve Switch Off The Light On The Way Out

Guest ashtonyate

eh? Enoch & Jevons did well enough last season for the league we were in, both had injury issues, however both hit mid double figures so did they part.

good forwards is always the toughest position to fill for any manager

How would you rate Johnsons striker signings to his other signings such as Noble, Johnson McCombe etc

I also find his posts not only entertaining but sometimes very close to what could be construed as the truth, although as everyone knows the truth does sometimes often hurt especially when blinded by blind faith and ignorance!

Just telling him to go away or accusing him of being gas only belittles the authors of those statements.

Just like him I believe that SL should inject a little more of his wealth in the club to ensure survival

If you had his money would you?

I'd go along with that. Due to internal politics at Ashton Gate we're now left with a board of two extremely wealthy individuals who it appears no longer wish to 'invest' in City and two employees that have been appointed to the board without bringing much financial muscle to the table. I think it's fair game for Ashtonyate to question what direction the club is going in.

No, but you should be banned for asking for it.

This is a forum-not a glee club for happy clappys-Debate the situation, don't just jump on the bandwagon like the other muppets!

You what - glee club happy clappy's, bandwagon for muppets. Shall I generalise you then?

Bristol Boy - I like reading your posts, post match summaries, etc, informative and mostly interesting.

But I can't help thinking that you are very sad for even wanting to debate this tripe over and over again, you obviously have too much time on your hands if you want to debate this rather than do something worthwhile.

I'd go along with that. Due to internal politics at Ashton Gate we're now left with a board of two extremely wealthy individuals who it appears no longer wish to 'invest' in City and two employees that have been appointed to the board without bringing much financial muscle to the table. I think it's fair game for Ashtonyate to question what direction the club is going in.

Each to his/her own;(even him) fans should not be bannished for having a view, however against "the grain" it is. :o

Say what you think not what you are supposed to think; aint that what forums are about :dunno:

Guest ashtonyate
I'm with you KNR, I'd really miss him if he went. We would lose the pantomime villian element to the board that has kept me going all summer.

AshtonYate is behind you...

Oh no he's not...

(join in when you're ready)

Oh yes he is...

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssssssshiss oh no he isn't

eh? Enoch & Jevons did well enough last season for the league we were in, both had injury issues, however both hit mid double figures so did they part.

good forwards is always the toughest position to fill for any manager

Enoch & Jevos return of outfield goals in the League was poor in a promotion team, IMHO

Agreed

You what - glee club happy clappy's, bandwagon for muppets. Shall I generalise you then?

No thanks

Bristol Boy - I like reading your posts, post match summaries, etc, informative and mostly interesting.

Thanks

But I can't help thinking that you are very sad for even wanting to debate this tripe over and over again, you obviously have too much time on your hands if you want to debate this rather than do something worthwhile.

I assure you I'm very far from sad but I am interested in all things (well, most things) City.It may not have been very well put and you may disagree, however, it has caused some debate and that's better than some of the "what bus do you catch to work" drivel that goes on on here at times.As Glos Boy & KNR have said, there is an issue, perceived or otherwise and as I posted earlier-what are chairman/owners for?

Each to his/her own;(even him) fans should not be bannished for having a view, however against "the grain" it is. :o

Say what you think not what you are supposed to think; aint that what forums are about :dunno:

Correct.As long as it's not downright offensive or libelous I'll go along with that.

Guest ashtonyate

Well played Ashtonyate (MM). You've really wound them up on this one, but you are spot on (on this occasion) IMHO

[/quote

yes us Gas head are generally right ha ha

Of course its fair game for AY to question what direction the club is going, if fellow members could ignore who posted then the topic is quite concerning.

We have just over 4 weeks to go before the start of the season and the fact is (not rumours or what ever) we have not signed the striker all of us reckon we need. SL is obviously not going to throw his millions at the club, (personal note what is 10 million compared to his fortune) so where do we go.

4 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago people said don't worry we will sign a striker but we haven't so whilst not panicking yet time marches on.

And imo if Trundle is the last option god help us

You grow up dopey, i know for a fact that the ed in chief of the post used to stand on the tote end, has never been to AG (other than to watch the Gas play) and has told me himself that most of the top knobs at the rag are indeed Gas, I KNOW THE MAN VERY WELL, as for going on the gas site, l wouldn't entertain it, perhaps you should go back on it

chav

I fail to see how people believe our chairman has not got ambition.

Let's have a look at the facts for just one second.

Under SL ALL managers have had money at their disposal to buy in new players. I remember us signing Bridges and Stewart and thinking now there's ambition but hey ho.

This season we've had record season ticket sales as we're back in the Championship, now whilst I don't agree with the price hike, by hiking the price it helps to generate a larger income source for the club.

This season GJ has signed admittedly only 3 players BUT when you look at the squad a lot of the team IMO are good enough for the Championship and GJ has publicly stated they will get their chance, which is great as I'd hate for the players who got us to where we are be cast off, so I wasn't expecting lots of signings BUT the players we have brought in they are better players than we have got and will not have been cheap IMO.

We've still to sign a striker it could be Naismith (unlikely) but it could be, would people suddenly agree SL had ambition with one signing??

Just because we aren't spending millions does not make us unambitious.

Archived