IGNORED

1-0 Down

Taunton_City

The only things I'm hoping for is that Pre-Season REALLY isnt a sign of things to come. If I remember, Tinman has cracking pre-seasons with Stewart and that......and then look what happened

Yep. Made that very point yesterday. Defeats knock confidence though. That's my biggest worry

Guest Eamer
You've changed your tune.

I'm hardly going to be unhappy if he scores am I? I think £1million was a little too much for a near 31 year old yea but doesn't mean I want him to do badly. Quite the opposite. I want him to prove me wrong and show he's worth that money.

Sproule subbed off after 17minutes on the pitch. Injured.

Interesting to see how many injuries we rack up over this 90 minute session.

Slade was very bitter about some Yeovil players getting injured at AG towards end of last season..

...wouldnt put it past him!

:fastasleep:

The only things I'm hoping for is that Pre-Season REALLY isnt a sign of things to come. If I remember, Tinman has cracking pre-seasons with Stewart and that......and then look what happened

Indeed. Tinman's first pre-season was awesome too - Gillespie in particular looked like a cracking signing.

Trundle sounded a class act - scored one and set up the other.

Can't wait to read what he was like from those who were there.

One Team

Just got back, bit of a lacklustre first half, different spirit in the second half several changes we must have used over 20 players !! Trundle gave the Yeovil defence a nightmare time of it

McIndoe and Sproule look promising

Hate to say it but Bradley Orr and Jamie McAllister were a bit out of sorts but improved a hell of a lot as the game went on, I think a fully fit Brooker and Trundle partnership is something to be very optimistic about, if Sproule and McIndoe can create the chances for them which i think they will

Trundle and Jevons goals were both close range finishes the keeper spilled Trundles shot of which Jevons tapped in the rebound

Good times ahead i fill :englandsmile4wf:

Just got back, bit of a lacklustre first half, different spirit in the second half several changes we must have used over 20 players !! Trundle gave the Yeovil defence a nightmare time of it

McIndoe and Sproule look promising

Hate to say it but Bradley Orr and Jamie McAllister were a bit out of sorts but improved a hell of a lot as the game went on, I think a fully fit Brooker and Trundle partnership is something to be very optimistic about, if Sproule and McIndoe can create the chances for them which i think they will

Trundle and Jevons goals were both close range finishes the keeper spilled Trundles shot of which Jevons tapped in the rebound

Good times ahead i fill :englandsmile4wf:

thought Jamie Mac did well overall personally, some excellent linking up play with McIndoe and a couple of real quality cross field balls,

Orr for me looked very poor and we looked better with Wilson at Right back, Betsy will soon be on his way out of the club if he continues with performances like that.

Sproule barely got a look in before injury, but looked quick at times.

lee trundle was fantastic today. But my man of the match was our other debutent Mcindoe.

the two maccas down the left will devastate many championship defenders. Both were great today.

But today is Trundles day, trick after trick after trick. Please give us more in the future Trunds :fingerscrossed:

I don't think we should entertain playing Yeovil again if they treat 'friendlies' like that.

At least Jevo shut the pikeys in the east end up.

Better than FGR and slightly better than Torquay but the defensive blunders are begining to worry me.

I don't think we should entertain playing Yeovil again if they treat 'friendlies' like that.

Better than FGR and slightly better than Torquay but the defensive blunders are begining to worry me.

We aint back to that shyte like early last season are we Tom?

I admit there were one or two tackles that would have warranted yellow cards had they been in league games.

However McIndoes feet first lunge at Mildenhall was reckless at best, downright nasty at worst and something also happened down by the corner flag in the last few minutes when we were trying to get treatment for Lee Peltier.

The game was only played as part of the transfer that took MS to Yeovil and would have been played unless you didn't get promotion.

Let's face it, on the whole, neither team were dirtier than the other and if you want teams to come and not fight for their team / their place in that team then maybe you should play teams from seven or eight divisions below.

McIndoe sounded like a real threat from the radio commentry

Is looking like a good aquisition by GJ!! Kick start McI's career again!!

Still think we need a 'experienced' player at the back, because without McCombe looking a bit dodgy back there!! Try and pick someone up on the cheap maybe???

Is looking like a good aquisition by GJ!! Kick start McI's career again!!

Still think we need a 'experienced' player at the back, because without McCombe looking a bit dodgy back there!! Try and pick someone up on the cheap maybe???

I enjoyed the hospitality of the Premier Suite at AG today. Lee Trundle hardly showed a million pounds worth of showboating. He was a good enough player for Swansea and should earn City a few points this season. But a million pounds? Marcus Stewart was better today and didn't need to showboat to justify his transfer fee. I overheard a number of City fans saying how fit he looked.

McIndoe. Didn't GJ say that the Scottish one would never play for him again? He is a great player but he's not a team player. I doubt he'll be at the Gate at the end of this season. A brave move by GJ assuming it was his decision to bring him in but he (GJ) will need to manage him so that McIndoe doesn't bring disharmony to the dressing room.

Good luck for the season ahead. I shall watch your results with interest - partly because half of the players are ex-Yeovil.

I expected more fans to be there, especialy as the sun was out.

:)

S

I admit there were one or two tackles that would have warranted yellow cards had they been in league games.

However McIndoes feet first lunge at Mildenhall was reckless at best, downright nasty at worst and something also happened down by the corner flag in the last few minutes when we were trying to get treatment for Lee Peltier.

The game was only played as part of the transfer that took MS to Yeovil and would have been played unless you didn't get promotion.

Let's face it, on the whole, neither team were dirtier than the other and if you want teams to come and not fight for their team / their place in that team then maybe you should play teams from seven or eight divisions below.

I thought McIndoe had a right to go for that ball but you were no doubt nearer than me. the only challenge in the whole game that I thought was "naughty" was the one by Cochrane in the second half on Betsy. To Betsy's credit he got up quickly and ran away but in a League match that would have been MINIMUM yellow.

As for the lad Peltier, Slade hinted afterwards that he was being a bit "soft"!! But I agree with your overall sentiment that you have the right to come to AG and stick your foot in.

Archived