IGNORED

1-0 Down

Taunton_City

I thought McIndoe had a right to go for that ball but you were no doubt nearer than me. the only challenge in the whole game that I thought was "naughty" was the one by Cochrane in the second half on Betsy. To Betsy's credit he got up quickly and ran away but in a League match that would have been MINIMUM yellow.

As for the lad Peltier, Slade hinted afterwards that he was being a bit "soft"!! But I agree with your overall sentiment that you have the right to come to AG and stick your foot in.

Yep, would agree with your sentiments re Kevin Betsy and that a yellow would have been awarded. Macca also barged into the back of Marcus quite early on too, pretty unnecessary stuff really.

However McIndoes feet first lunge at Mildenhall was reckless at best, downright nasty at worst and something also happened down by the corner flag in the last few minutes when we were trying to get treatment for Lee Peltier.

McIndoe had every right to go for that ball (since Mildenhall had spilled it back out towards the incoming players).

On seeing that he wasn't going to get there, to me it looked like McIndoe tried his best to pull out of the challenge, and his boot seemed to 'lightly' touch the top of the keepers head. It was certainly not a feet first lunge, and definately not nasty.

As for the incident with Peltier, he went down in a heap with no-one near him (so I would assume this to be some kind of muscular injury). Being a mere 5 inches away from the touchline, it would have been wise of him to simply roll off the pitch to receive his treatment. Instead, he refused to move, which then angered the City players as they were eager to get on with the throw in (what with us being 2-1 down with 2 minutes remaining!)

Archived