IGNORED

City Shop

Portland Bill

I used to think like you in the 70's. When you have watched City for 30 odd years you will realise theres more to life than missing the first game. Try enjoying yourself in the sun with your wife and kids and having a great time.....i will be :rolleyes:

I do think I have the solution here. I took my kids out of school in June for 2 weeks to holiday in the domnican republic. Let the state charge me £100 per kid for this privilige!! Its still a lot cheaper then you'll be paying for your holiday.........AND I GET TO SEE THE WHOLE FOOTBALL SEASON!! :city::city::city:

Guest Eamer

Someone I know once pasted a part of the trading standards website to me once and it said that if you order/buy something and you are given something of which you didn't ask for then legally that is treated as a gift and you are allowed to keep that and the company still has to give you what you originally wanted. Could get a free shirt out of it if you manage to find it on the trading standards site and show it to them.

I can't work out how you they swap the shirts without you noticing.

They've got a huge pile of different sized shirts under the counter. They know who quite a lot of the whingers on the forum are and swap the shirt over for a different size one. They distract you by chatting to you in a friendly manner.

Went in the City shop today and took an adult SMALL City away shirt to the counter and ( believed ) purchased it. Just got home and found that instead of the small shirt i handed over to the shop girl ( who looked about as interested in her job as i am with Rovers ) i have a MEDIUM in a sealed bag :ranting: .

How they can take a small off me and put a medium in the bag is beyond me, i am going on holiday tuesday so i now have to make a 70 mile round trip to the City shop on monday all because of there incompetence. :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Can't see the problem personaly, if you eat and drink like i do on holiday you'll go up a size then yer shirt will fit :drunk2::yawn:

Went in the City shop today and took an adult SMALL City away shirt to the counter and ( believed ) purchased it. Just got home and found that instead of the small shirt i handed over to the shop girl ( who looked about as interested in her job as i am with Rovers ) i have a MEDIUM in a sealed bag .

How they can take a small off me and put a medium in the bag is beyond me, i am going on holiday tuesday so i now have to make a 70 mile round trip to the City shop on monday all because of there incompetence.

Here here, the complete incompetence...I went upto the kiosk with a small shirt aswell and have just returned home to find a Bristol City mug in my bag..

Went in the City shop today and took an adult SMALL City away shirt to the counter and ( believed ) purchased it. Just got home and found that instead of the small shirt i handed over to the shop girl ( who looked about as interested in her job as i am with Rovers ) i have a MEDIUM in a sealed bag :ranting: .

How they can take a small off me and put a medium in the bag is beyond me, i am going on holiday tuesday so i now have to make a 70 mile round trip to the City shop on monday all because of there incompetence. :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Hmmmm sounds familiar....I visited the shop on Saturday and bought the kids a shirt and shorts, a home shirt for me and for the first time cause she really liked it an away top in ladies size for my wife having spent £150 before the discount I am confronted with 3 of the most miserable blokes stood at the counter.

I asked if we could have the names put on the back for the kids to be answered with 'Cant do it on matchday mate' like I was some sort of idiot...ok fair enough I said we'll bring them back in the week.

One of the guys starts serving me....taking shirts off of me and hanging them on 1 side and getting the corresponding shirt from the boxes behind the counter. Meanwhile one of the other blokes (who cant put names on shirts on a matchday - even though it was only just 12 noon

both of whom are just stood there with their arms folded doing bugg3r all says 'you can only use 1 voucher from the season ticket books per purchase...' fine I said i understand that - 'well you got 3 season tickets - can only use 1'....'yes I know !!!!' Miserable s0d.

When we left we made a point of saying how miserable they were - it truly p!ssed us off....no smiles for the kids, no nice little comments....no feeling of god, you have just spent £150 in here - no nothing !

So we pay - get home - kids want theirs on straight away - everyone is happy....till the wife shouts out that they have put a Man's shirt in for her.....in XXXL....?????????!!!!!!!!!!!????? Thats not even close !!!!

These guys should understand how much money us supporters spend down there - we could do with just a little service, the occasional smile and maybe the ability to put the right things in the bag for us.

Although lots of the replies on this thread were very funny, there is a serious point here about the complete absence of customer focus in the Shop, it has been getting steadily worse for the past year or two and there doesn't seem to be a manager in there worth the title to sort it out. It's been going downhill since the bald guy who ran it for years, left.

The attitude and interest of the staff in there now can be best compared to a group of disaffected kids in the corner of a playground. I don't know how little they're being paid but they have no pride or interest in their job and absolutely zero incentive to encourage sales or increased spend from customers. Their approach is complacent to say the least.

I live about 400 yards from the City shop and went in there first thing (as in before 10am) on Saturday to get a shirt printed with Trundle 23. I can't do it at any other time because I work out of Bristol during the week. I was confronted by six 'staff' hanging around by the back office looking utterly clueless and generally chatting among themselves.

There was just one other customer in the shop but I was given the distinct impression that it was a great inconvenience for them to be disturbed and actually attend to the till. Knowing full well that [adopts gormless voice] 'we don't do shirt printing on match days' I explained my predicament and pointed out that it was early on the day of a minor pre-season friendly.

But no, when you out-number your customers by six to one, its still far easier for this pathetic mob of underachievers to refuse so they can get back to important tasks like standing round ignoring customers talking about spots or something. Accordingly I was given a mono-syllabic grunted refusal, twice, by someone who should probably still be in school.

The point of this is, that I have no other opportunity to get the shirt, and won't now, even out of principle. That's the whole idea of customer service or lack of it. Lose your customer and they won't bother with you again. The trouble is there is a complacency where loyal fans are concerned and this is not the first time I've wanted to never spend in that shop again.

Last season I recall an occasion not of great inconvenience to myself, but where I watched as the group of staff refused to admit 15-20 customers immediately after a match because the match had finished a bit late and they wanted to stick rigidly to their defined hours, even when faced with potentially generating another 500-1000 quid for five minutes extra work.

Among those trying to get in was a man and his young child who had travelled from the North to the match and wanted to exchange an item at his only opportunity to do so. Still they refused. It is this extent to which the City Shop staff lack any basic customer service skills or compassion that staggers me, it can only be a result of abysmal or no management.

I'm afraid it just doesn't wash for me, we are after all now in the division that is rated as the 5th or 6th most lucrative in the world - above many European top flights - if City want to be a serious commercial enterprise, they really need to get their act together in the shop, there is no pride or enthusiasm for generating revenue in there, it's an embarrassment.

Hmmmm sounds familiar....I visited the shop on Saturday and bought the kids a shirt and shorts, a home shirt for me and for the first time cause she really liked it an away top in ladies size for my wife having spent £150 before the discount I am confronted with 3 of the most miserable blokes stood at the counter.

These guys should understand how much money us supporters spend down there - we could do with just a little service, the occasional smile and maybe the ability to put the right things in the bag for us.

Spot on. See my post immediately above about my experiences much earlier on the same day. I can't say I'm surprised that everyone gets the same impression of this 'staff'. The only thing that does surprise me is that the club continues to entertain such gross incompetency and disinterest in serving customers and generating money.

Bottom line - none of the staff in the City shop are fit to work in any other high street store with the attitude they display. It just wouldn't be tolerated in a commercial chain. Sure, the other extent, 'can I help you at all sir' can get irritating, but it is the right basis for someone to be interested in their customer, from the first minute to the last, City shop staff don't give a ######

If i wanted a medium i would have TRIED to buy one. I am going on holiday because i have kids and as you may know they are on holiday this time of year. I went to the friendly today and don't really care if i miss the QPR game, i will be having a FAR better time.

Part timer,you deserve to have the wrong shirt :whistle2:

Although lots of the replies on this thread were very funny, there is a serious point here about the complete absence of customer focus in the Shop, it has been getting steadily worse for the past year or two and there doesn't seem to be a manager in there worth the title to sort it out. It's been going downhill since the bald guy who ran it for years, left.

The attitude and interest of the staff in there now can be best compared to a group of disaffected kids in the corner of a playground. I don't know how little they're being paid but they have no pride or interest in their job and absolutely zero incentive to encourage sales or increased spend from customers. Their approach is complacent to say the least.

I live about 400 yards from the City shop and went in there first thing (as in before 10am) on Saturday to get a shirt printed with Trundle 23. I can't do it at any other time because I work out of Bristol during the week. I was confronted by six 'staff' hanging around by the back office looking utterly clueless and generally chatting among themselves.

There was just one other customer in the shop but I was given the distinct impression that it was a great inconvenience for them to be disturbed and actually attend to the till. Knowing full well that [adopts gormless voice] 'we don't do shirt printing on match days' I explained my predicament and pointed out that it was early on the day of a minor pre-season friendly.

But no, when you out-number your customers by six to one, its still far easier for this pathetic mob of underachievers to refuse so they can get back to important tasks like standing round ignoring customers talking about spots or something. Accordingly I was given a mono-syllabic grunted refusal, twice, by someone who should probably still be in school.

The point of this is, that I have no other opportunity to get the shirt, and won't now, even out of principle. That's the whole idea of customer service or lack of it. Lose your customer and they won't bother with you again. The trouble is there is a complacency where loyal fans are concerned and this is not the first time I've wanted to never spend in that shop again.

Last season I recall an occasion not of great inconvenience to myself, but where I watched as the group of staff refused to admit 15-20 customers immediately after a match because the match had finished a bit late and they wanted to stick rigidly to their defined hours, even when faced with potentially generating another 500-1000 quid for five minutes extra work.

Among those trying to get in was a man and his young child who had travelled from the North to the match and wanted to exchange an item at his only opportunity to do so. Still they refused. It is this extent to which the City Shop staff lack any basic customer service skills or compassion that staggers me, it can only be a result of abysmal or no management.

I'm afraid it just doesn't wash for me, we are after all now in the division that is rated as the 5th or 6th most lucrative in the world - above many European top flights - if City want to be a serious commercial enterprise, they really need to get their act together in the shop, there is no pride or enthusiasm for generating revenue in there, it's an embarrassment.

Cracking post without being over the top. Sounds like you had exactly the same experience as myself.

Bottom line - none of the staff in the City shop are fit to work in any other high street store with the attitude they display.

You sure... sounds like they'd be perfectly suited to work in most stores these days especially sports shops!

Think I know what happened, and sorry if been mentioned before. You take the shirt up to the desk on the hanger. They then hang it up and take a shirt out of a box behind the desk. Either she was not paying attention and picked up from the wrong box or the wrong shirt was in the wrong box.

That was steve, top class bloke. Although on some matchdays would be slightly stressed, if you caught him on a normal day he would do everything he could to help you out.

He left to join Bristol Rugby.

I know the manager down there is leaving/sacked.

But in all fairness i'd have to agree with everyone, its gone very downhill.

they seem to have employed an awful amount of vicki pollard type people to help out, who you get nothing more than a grunt from.

That maybe fine in the kiosks but not in the club shop.

I went in Greggs 'Is there anything else' Bakers today.

I asked for a large sausage roll, a sausage and bean melt, a yum yum and a iced ring doughnut.

When I got back to my van I noticed that I had been given............exactly what I asked for.

Perhaps the Bristol City 'Supershop' could adopt the Greggs philosophy of customer service.

Someone I know once pasted a part of the trading standards website to me once and it said that if you order/buy something and you are given something of which you didn't ask for then legally that is treated as a gift and you are allowed to keep that and the company still has to give you what you originally wanted.

I should point out this strategy does not work if your complaint involves a combination of fee charging ladies, and STDs...

Oh how I wish I had just gone to the City shop and picked up a shirt in the wrong size instead.

I asked for a large sausage roll, a sausage and bean melt, a yum yum and a iced ring doughnut.

When I got back to my van I noticed that I had been given............exactly what I asked for.

Perhaps the Bristol City 'Supershop' could adopt the Greggs philosophy of customer service.

Who ate all the pies,

who ate all the pies,

you fat bastard

you fat bastard

you ate all the pies

Ha Ha great post.

Maybe we could do one of 2 things....

1. Employee all the Greggs staff in the City shop

or

2. Simply ship all the shirts down to Greggs and get them sell them there...!?

I hope the 'supershop' staff are ready for when my Mrs storms back through the door with her incorrectly sized shirt

and 2 kids in tow instantly wanting names on the back of their shirts !!

As a side note my little boy is 4 and a small 4 at that - when he got his shirt of all the names he could fit on the back of his little shirt

Orr maybe...? Vasko...? Carey...? Jevo..? NO SHOWUNMI please dad !!!!! I think Enoch might fit !!!

Archived