IGNORED

City Shop

Portland Bill

Which one of you went to the counter with an 'S' shirt and came out with my bloody STs :grr: OK Merge the thread now.

I only missed one home game last season - the first one against Scunny because of a badly planned holiday still regret it! Portland there's still time mate!

While we were in there a bloke came in with an envelope inside was his letter but at the bottom was a hole.....which the ST had fallen out of......ooooppps....!

Who ate all the pies,

who ate all the pies,

you fat bastard

you fat bastard

you ate all the pies

In the van was my apprentice and my dog. I only got to eat a small amount of the order........but those sick smelling sausage and bean melts are a bit fat bastardish, could easily eat 2. They're almost as addictive as fags.

If you take a shirt to the till and they don't give you that specific one but take them from stock under the counter, what is the point of a) having them out on rails in the shop and b) having them arranged in the various sizes on the rails??

If you take a shirt to the till and they don't give you that specific one but take them from stock under the counter, what is the point of a) having them out on rails in the shop and b) having them arranged in the various sizes on the rails??

Well done, you have talked more sense in this short thread than the whole of the shop staff in several years.

You're hired as the new manager, when can you start....?

They always seem to have around 15 staff in the shop and only one serving

Precisely! Why don't they just pay for 3 with brains and interest in their jobs rather than 15 shameless hangers-on who don't. When did Colin Sexstone last go in the City shop? Does he think it's acceptable? I'm sure having less but more capable staff would actually cost less than retaining these clowns and would generate more sales and less returns.

Commercial strategy anyone? One day I want to go in that little back office to the left of the tills in the City shop because most of the 'staff' seem to find it more interesting than the shop or the customers, god only knows what's in there. Our kit designs for the next five years? Steve Brooker? A Playstation 3?

If I was being logical I'd guess that the shirt press for name & numbering is in that room, but these numpties actually all hang round the room doing nothing and then come over with a straight face and say they can't do shirt name & numbering on matchdays because they need to be in the shop, then disappear back to the room to ignore customers some more....

Not. A. Clue.

i would just also like to post my comment about the staff in the "supershop".I went in to purchase my tickets for the b/mouth friendly and also asked about tickets for QPR i asked the oik behind the counter how much are the tickets for the eastend.To which he replied uhhhh what stand is that then mate and i said the wedlock stand he said let me check came back and said its all sold out and i cant sell anymore for that stand.So i decided to boycott this match and go to the scunny game instead i then found out that the tickets are still available on the mainsite. why don't they employ fans of the club that know which stand is which and where you can obtain tickets

Can I apply to be the manager of the shop?

I'd make sure it was open after every match, including evening games, sort out the miserable grumpy staff, and actually get some semblance of order in there.

Please Colin, employ me before your so-called staff completely balls up and lose customers.

Edit: Oh and as for shirt printing, you can get it done whenever you like up 3 hours before the game.

Can I apply to be the manager of the shop?

I'd make sure it was open after every match, including evening games, sort out the miserable grumpy staff, and actually get some semblance of order in there.

Please Colin, employ me before your so-called staff completely balls up and lose customers.

Edit: Oh and as for shirt printing, you can get it done whenever you like up 3 hours before the game.

I wish you would....sounds like you have your head screwed on and talk more sense than that lot put together.

The Mrs is visiting this afternoon to get the kids names put on their shirts and to replace her wrongly sized shirt - I'm sure something will go wrong as it always does in there...look out for the amusing report later...!

I wish you would....sounds like you have your head screwed on and talk more sense than that lot put together.

The Mrs is visiting this afternoon to get the kids names put on their shirts and to replace her wrongly sized shirt - I'm sure something will go wrong as it always does in there...look out for the amusing report later...!

The Mrs has now visited said shop...with kids in tow. She reports back the following....:

Purchased 1 junior pair of away shorts, 1 adult pair of away shorts and had 2 shirts printed with the kids fav players (No the 4 yr old boy could not fit Showunmi on the back as he wanted...!!? - settled for Enoch...!). Finally whilst there she asked for an exchange of her incorrectly sized shirt.....and all this with no issues apparantly..... :noexpression:

Now 1 of 2 things could have possibly happened here....

1. The 'Supershop' staff have been reading the constant barrage of abuse they have been getting here and are going hell for leather in an attempt to keep their jobs with a new found level of customer service....

OR

2. Sexstone has been reading the forum and has immediately appointed Taz (see post #69) who has put his foot down immediately resulting in a new found optimism from staff (I hope he didnt threaten them too much.... :bruce_h4h: )

Portland Bill - why didn't you check the size of the shirt BEFORE you left Ashton Gate?

It's partially your fault for not checking the size of the shirt she put in the bag surely?

I would've.

Because i trusted them.......perhaps :dunno: , anyway i am in sunny majorca now having the time of me life. Sitting in a bar drinking John Smiths and thinking what time i will force meself off the beach tomorrow to watch the City scores coming in :laugh: .Adios Amigos :sun::sun:

2. Sexstone has been reading the forum and has immediately appointed Taz (see post #69) who has put his foot down immediately resulting in a new found optimism from staff (I hope he didnt threaten them too much.... :bruce_h4h: )

I have indeed been appointed the new manager, and bought this thread to all of their attention. Told them to either shape up or ship out. One of the girls didn't like it one bit so I grabbed her by her hooped ear-rings and dragged her out of the shop, and told her not to come back until she sorted her attitude out.

She came in this morning a completely changed person :noexpression:

It's a bit short notice to get the new opening times in operation for tomorrow, but they should be ok for the following home game.

The Taz has spoken :winner_third_h4h:

Because i trusted them.......perhaps :dunno: , anyway i am in sunny majorca now having the time of me life. Sitting in a bar drinking John Smiths and thinking what time i will force meself off the beach tomorrow to watch the City scores coming in :laugh: .Adios Amigos :sun::sun:

Fair play to you, but I had my jaunt abroad in the close season, wouldn't miss the season opener for anything.

i would just also like to post my comment about the staff in the "supershop".I went in to purchase my tickets for the b/mouth friendly and also asked about tickets for QPR i asked the oik behind the counter how much are the tickets for the eastend.To which he replied uhhhh what stand is that then mate and i said the wedlock stand he said let me check came back and said its all sold out and i cant sell anymore for that stand.So i decided to boycott this match and go to the scunny game instead i then found out that the tickets are still available on the mainsite. why don't they employ fans of the club that know which stand is which and where you can obtain tickets

I'm sure I remember an answer by Richard Gould (remember him?) that tickets were put in batches to be sold, e.g. a batch goes to the ticket office, another to the phone line, another for internet sales.

This obviously stops them double selling a seat, because you'd hate that, wouldn't you?

I suppose an easy way round is to have a net connection in the store so you can purchase tickets via that if you can't buy them in person (I'm challenging Taz for commercial genius).

I suppose an easy way round is to have a net connection in the store so you can purchase tickets via that if you can't buy them in person (I'm challenging Taz for commercial genius).

Ah thats where I play my trump card - I've already got something similar up my sleeve so there.

:bruce_h4h:

Archived