IGNORED

New Pa System

Robbored

I thought if anything the sound was far too loud before the game started couldnt hear myself speak! The music was far better than it has been though.

Totally agree. was sat in the Atyeo and you couldn't talk to the person next to you. It's fine when yer man is on the pitch doing his stuff, but the music was way too loud - infact painfull. I know I sound like an old bloke, but it was way over the top. Sort it out, it kills the atmosphere. Let the fans create the sound/atmosphere.

However, choice of music was better today.

Hmmmm...... Looks as if I was alone in not being able to hear the teams being read out.It wouldn't normally bother me but for some reason today we didn't get a teamsheet in the SC as we did last season.

Thats why there was no announcement in the DEH.

Perhaps they pinned it up on the noticeboard in the corridor?

I thought if anything the sound was far too loud before the game started couldnt hear myself speak! The music was far better than it has been though.

Yes, me too and a few others, whilst the system was much clearer it was a bit loud to the extent it was difficult to hold a conversation.....could it be turned down just a tad?????????

Thanks for all the comments. It seems as if the volume depends on which part of the ground you are sitting in, so that's something we will have to take a look at. The idea is not to make it impossible to speak to each other, while at the same time using the music to build an atmosphere just before the teams come out. We had representatives from the PA company sitting in various parts of the ground yesterday, and we'll have a debriefing meeting next week to see what fine tuning needs to take place. We'll continue to tweak it until we've got it right.

I thought the place was really rocking pre match yesterday, but that was down to our fans who were superb throughout, and a lively away contingent.

The new PA is excellent if anything the volume was far too loud in the Williams!

The music played was Crystal clear and DaveL was a massive improvement on the previous patronizing tosspot.

I thought the PA was too loud in the Williams, to a degree where it started to distort.

Also, I still don't understand why they continue to play music to the bitter end before kickoff.

You could tell that the atmosphere was building towards kickoff, but it was drowned by the poxy PA. People keep moaning about the atmosphere at the Gate, so why don't they let it happen instead of killing it with overloud music?

Having said that, the team came out to the song that should be our anthem - 'One for the Bristol City' - magic!

Sorry but the PA in the EE sounds worse this season than it did last season. Couldn't hear any of the announcements like subs etc. Guess I wasn't the only one as everyone in the EE kept singing oh Basso when Henderson made a good save.

It just sounded terrible I'm sorry to say.

Sorry but the PA in the EE sounds worse this season than it did last season. Couldn't hear any of the announcements like subs etc. Guess I wasn't the only one as everyone in the EE kept singing oh Basso when Henderson made a good save.

Did Dave L not say new speakers hadn't been instaled in the EE as it is due to come down at the end of the season?

See no evil, hear no evil!!

Music was too loud, couldnt chat during half time. Other than that very clear.

They havn't replaced the speakers in the east end (Due to in being bulldozed in 10 months time) so its still the old speakers, hence everyone in there couldnt hear.

I thought the PA system in the Dolman was dramatically improved and I could hear what was being said fine when I listened personally.

Me too, Nibor. It was a tad loud, but very clear indeed, and I thought Dave L did a great job of compering. A dramatic step up in quality from last season on both counts, and oddly one of the things about the day that made it feel like we as a club had made a definite step up to the Championship, not just on the pitch but off it.

I was doing my best to hear DaveL reading out the teamsheet but was very disapointed not to able to hear much at all.I know the Dolman was bubbling and noisy but nevertheless we should have been able to hear what was being read out.The music was also very dim and difficult to make out.

Maybe the volume should be turned up.

Turned up????

It was far too loud in the Dolmon!

Thanks for all the comments. It seems as if the volume depends on which part of the ground you are sitting in, so that's something we will have to take a look at. The idea is not to make it impossible to speak to each other, while at the same time using the music to build an atmosphere just before the teams come out. We had representatives from the PA company sitting in various parts of the ground yesterday, and we'll have a debriefing meeting next week to see what fine tuning needs to take place. We'll continue to tweak it until we've got it right.

I thought the place was really rocking pre match yesterday, but that was down to our fans who were superb throughout, and a lively away contingent.

Sat in block C Atyeo - music far too loud, especially at half time when we all want to chat. Cant the music just be in the background at half time ? The dancers were really a waste of time - no-one clapped them, no-one really interested and their music was far too loud.

Also leading up to kick off at about 8 mins to 3. Music extremely loud and crowd trying to sing (a different song). Cant there be a bit of flexibility so that if the crowd are singing loudly before kick off, the music takes a back seat? The music doesnt build up the atmosphere - it drowns it.

Some announcements were still so loud that they were distorting - and we all had to shout into each others ears to be heard above the music. Not good when you want to chat with people that you havent seen for a while pre-match and at half time.

Please take these things into consideration when you are doing your fine tuning. Thank you.

Sat in block C Atyeo - music far too loud, especially at half time when we all want to chat. Cant the music just be in the background at half time ? The dancers were really a waste of time - no-one clapped them, no-one really interested and their music was far too loud.

Also leading up to kick off at about 8 mins to 3. Music extremely loud and crowd trying to sing (a different song). Cant there be a bit of flexibility so that if the crowd are singing loudly before kick off, the music takes a back seat? The music doesnt build up the atmosphere - it drowns it.

Some announcements were still so loud that they were distorting - and we all had to shout into each others ears to be heard above the music. Not good when you want to chat with people that you havent seen for a while pre-match and at half time.

Please take these things into consideration when you are doing your fine tuning. Thank you.

Have to agree. Sat in Atyeo Block D and thought the same although it is a better system than before. Ahh well, its only the first game with it and i'm sure the relevant people will geti it right in the end.

I think you are right. Make it much louder and it would have cracked my ear drums.

One thing I thought was really naff was the wurzels 'one for the Bristol City....' being cut off abruptly at the start of the two halves... either fade it out or play at least the first verse... get it sorted City.

Will do.

Whilst the pre-match/half time music was unwelcome and stupidly loud I was amazed to see the goal celebration music (Fratellis?) actually worked and fans sang along with it.

Loud and unwelcome music aside I thought you did a great job Dave and much better than the usual rubbish.

One Team

:preacher:

Thought the new PA was brill, along with the music (Muse/Wurzels/Beethoven) and Dave L. From Dolman Block B, row R, sound lacked a little clarity when the team was read out, otherwise superb, 100% improvement. (bit louder please)

It was Rossini not Beethoven, but thanks anyway. :rolleyes:

There seems to be an issue towards the back of the Dolman and Williams stands where the sound gets a bit muffled, while it's too loud at the front. I've talked with the technical guys about this and they assure me they can fix that. The overall volume needs to come down as well.

Whilst the pre-match/half time music was unwelcome and stupidly loud I was amazed to see the goal celebration music (Fratellis?) actually worked and fans sang along with it.

Loud and unwelcome music aside I thought you did a great job Dave and much better than the usual rubbish.

One Team

Loud, Unwelcome and Great. I think I'll have that put on my gravestone :-)

It was Rossini not Beethoven, but thanks anyway. :rolleyes:

There seems to be an issue towards the back of the Dolman and Williams stands where the sound gets a bit muffled, while it's too loud at the front. I've talked with the technical guys about this and they assure me they can fix that. The overall volume needs to come down as well.

:wub: OOPS!

Sorry Dave, Beethoven would be nice though!

I was near the front of the Williams and the sound was very clear, but deafening when the music was on. Everyone was covering their ears at half time; it was uncomfortable and you could not talk at all. I could hear all announcements perfectly and apart from the volume everything was very good. The music to the goals worked very well too!

Sorry to drag up an old thread but now that the EE is not being knocked down as we will be moving to a new stadium in 3-4 years can we please have some new speakers in the EE? The speakers in there are awful and they make it very difficult to hear any announcements like subs etc. Sorry but not knowing which players are playing for us kinda spoils the game slightly.

Archived