IGNORED

Holloway's a Legend!

Robbored

I'm not sure about that. Skeletor has had his day, Johnson is the new master of the funny quote.

Holloway is a legend which is why he has his own BBC webslot every week. Johnson is witty at times but not a patch on Holloway - not yet anyway!

Btw -anyone listen to Chris Kamara on Sky? He's a real funny bloke.The problem is that he doesn't mean to be.

Holloway is a legend

OH MY GOD!!! I cannot believe what I've just read??

Sir Colby, I am sorry to sway from your original, and excellent topic, but I simply cannot believe this comment from the so called Chairman of the Bristol CITY supporters club. Absolutely shocking.

Holloway is an absolute c ** t and any self respecting City fan should have nothing but hatred for this awful, little man. Do not believe his jovial media image, it is not the real man. The reality is, that when I was 11 years old and wearing my City shirt coming out of a shop on Banjo Island, a certain Mr Holloway was posting a letter and mouthed the words "f ***ing Sh**head" to me behind my back. I got into my mums car and she asked me what a "Sh**head" was, and she explained to me what he had said. Shocking behaviour from the then 30 year old captain of bristol rovers, mouthing these words behind the back of an 11 year old. My mum has no passion at all for football, but one thing is for sure, she absolutely hates Holloway, and has every right to.

So, no Robbored, Holloway is not a legend, he is a total f ***ing a**hole. And I simply can't believe you have said this.

:redcard:

Sir Colby, I am sorry to sway from your original, and excellent topic, but I simply cannot believe this comment from the so called Chairman of the Bristol CITY supporters club. Absolutely shocking.

Holloway is an absolute c ** t and any self respecting City fan should have nothing but hatred for this awful, little man. Do not believe his jovial media image, it is not the real man. The reality is, that when I was 11 years old and wearing my City shirt coming out of a shop on Banjo Island, a certain Mr Holloway was posting a letter and mouthed the words "f ***ing Sh**head" to me behind my back. I got into my mums car and she asked me what a "Sh**head" was, and she explained to me what he had said. Shocking behaviour from the then 30 year old captain of bristol rovers, mouthing these words behind the back of an 11 year old. My mum has no passion at all for football, but one thing is for sure, she absolutely hates Holloway, and has every right to.

So, no Robbored, Holloway is not a legend, he is a total f ***ing a**hole. And I simply can't believe you have said this.

Probably a terrible misunderstanding that has scarred you for life Harry, reckon old Hollowhead had just realised he'd forgotten to put a stamp on his letter & was pi$$ed off at himself.... & at the same time he saw your nice Red shirt & it was dawning on him that he'd chosen the wrong Bristol team but it was all to late he was stuck with shitty Blue. Not to forget of course, the postbox was a nice Red colour.. the phone box was also Red, -the only thing he could think of that was Blue was old Irene's blue rinsed hair. No wonder he called himself a F@@@ing S@@@head eh?.. & who could blame him for seeing Red!

There, there Harry -calm down, and keep telling yourself there's an explanation for everything - ahh, let it all go, breath easy & relax... now thats better innit?.. :)

Probably a terrible misunderstanding that has scarred you for life Harry, reckon old Hollowhead had just realised he'd forgotten to put a stamp on his letter & was pi$$ed off at himself.... & at the same time he saw your nice Red shirt & it was dawning on him that he'd chosen the wrong Bristol team but it was all to late he was stuck with shitty Blue. Not to forget of course, the postbox was a nice Red colour.. the phone box was also Red, -the only thing he could think of that was Blue was old Irene's blue rinsed hair. No wonder he called himself a F@@@ing S@@@head eh?.. & who could blame him for seeing Red!

There, there Harry -calm down, and keep telling yourself there's an explanation for everything - ahh, let it all go, breath easy & relax... now thats better innit?.. :)

Thanks WH, I feel a lot better now.

I understand now that he's a thoroughly bloody nice chap and holds all us City fans so dear to his heart.

At last I can put this moment behind me that has haunted me for 20 years. :dancing6:

back in 2000, when i was about 11, i was doing this "find santa" thing, when we went back to the airport who do i see..... Ian Holloway. Much to any 11 year olds horror.

when everyone was getting presents from santa, one of teachers told Ian Holloway that i was a city fan, a minute later, Ian gave me a plastic knief with washing up liquid in it (to make bubbles) just after he recieved it to me, he laughed "here, i hope you stab your dad in the back with that for making you a bristol city fan"

i just walked on after he said it. :noexpression:

looking back on it, i thought it was kind of funny

what do you expect from the BRfc coach driver.

I simply cannot believe this comment from the so called Chairman of the Bristol CITY supporters club. Absolutely shocking.

Holloway is an absolute c ** t and any self respecting City fan should have nothing but hatred for this awful, little man. So, no Robbored, Holloway is not a legend, he is a total f ***ing a**hole. And I simply can't believe you have said this.

Holloway is the most popular manager with the BBC and Sky as well.The media love him and so do fans from every other club - including some City fans.The guy is just what football needs - characters.

Its narrow minded bigots like you that cause 'hatred' and bad feeling to fester in what is a family game.You should be ashamed of yourself for posting such drivel that poisons the beautifull game.

Its the ignore button for.

back in 2000, when i was about 11, i was doing this "find santa" thing, when we went back to the airport who do i see..... Ian Holloway. Much to any 11 year olds horror.

when everyone was getting presents from santa, one of teachers told Ian Holloway that i was a city fan, a minute later, Ian gave me a plastic knief with washing up liquid in it (to make bubbles) just after he recieved it to me, he laughed "here, i hope you stab your dad in the back with that for making you a bristol city fan"

i just walked on after he said it. :noexpression:

looking back on it, i thought it was kind of funny

I wouldve given it back to him and said "this is for you to stab yourself in the stomach for playing for Rovers!"

Holloway is the most popular manager with the BBC and Sky as well.The media love him and so do fans from every other club - including some City fans.The guy is just what football needs - characters.

Its narrow minded bigots like you that cause 'hatred' and bad feeling to fester in what is a family game.You should be ashamed of yourself for posting such drivel that poisons the beautifull game.

Some City fans love Hollowhead??? :dunno: He's a legend???? :dunno: Speak for yourself.

This "character" you admire so much hates Bristol City F.C. and has never let an opportunity pass to express that fact.

Your support and apparent hero worship of this unamusing City detesting buffoon is astonishing.

Who cares if Hollowhead is the darling of the media, or if fans of other clubs like him, we are Bristol City fans and have good reason to dislike him and most of us do.

No way should Harry be ashamed of himself, and what bare-assed cheek to accuse him of being a bigot after what Skeletor said to him.

What a legendary hero to swear at an 11 year old boy. :grr:

No way should Harry be ashamed of himself, and what bare-assed cheek to accuse him of being a bigot after what Skeletor said to him.

What a legendary hero to swear at an 11 year old boy. :grr:

How do you know that what 'Harry' says isn't just made up to re-inforce his bigotted views?

How do you know that what 'Harry' says isn't just made up to re-inforce his bigotted views?

How can you even speculate about this (knowing literally nothing about the situation) yet have the audacity to call him bigotted? He is entitled to his opinion, funnily enough, it's called freedom of speech (from the same system that uses innocent until proven guilty). However, you sir have proven my opinion, where you are an in pen, but the other way round. How you can be that rude to a fellow city fan and that in awe of a gashead is far far beyond me.

its a shame that Sir Colby Tit's witty original thread has been spoilt by the Gas loving,

so called Chairman, and official mouthpiece of the Supporters Club. It amazes me

that this clown clings on to his title. Holloway hates City with a passion , end of.

its a shame that Sir Colby Tit's witty original thread has been spoilt by the Gas loving,

so called Chairman, and official mouthpiece of the Supporters Club. It amazes me

that this clown clings on to his title. Holloway hates City with a passion , end of.

Just because I like Holloway as a media figure doesn't mean I'm 'gas loving'.

This thread was started about 'Johnsonisms' and all I've done is pointed that Holloway is a master of funny quotes - thats why he's such a media darling.Its been people like Harry and yourself who have rared up at the mention Holloway - now imo that says far more about you and Harry's outlook on life when you slag me off for making a reasonable and balanced point.

Whats the matter with you, are you cognitively impaired?....oh, of course you wouldn't know if you were....

Right then you condescending bar steward, before you start throwing elaborate insults about maybe you should gain some understanding of them first? Cognitive impairments are clearly something you know nothing of. If you actually knew what you were talking about you would realise the 5 or 6 cognitive impairments you have already disclosed in your answers are making you look like a tool. I shall highlight some here:

Holloway is the most popular manager with the BBC and Sky as well.

Obivous that one, your opinion is being swayed by an emotional disposition towards people you know nothing of. That's something 5 year olds do.

More bias and confounding perception that should really be taken with a barel of salt.

How do you know? Inappropriate, disillusioned and cognitively baffling

- now imo that says far more about you and Harry's outlook on life when you slag me off for making a reasonable and balanced point.

More biased innaprorpriate poo.

In fact, in light of all this I would even go as far as to proclaim you cognitively retarded.

That's all very well, but who are the narrow-minded bigots here? These days Holloway might be lauded now as a chirpy bloke-next-door, but he's also the same bloke who once said "the only good City fan is a dead City fan". Now that is the kind of comment that can cause bad feeling.

That's all very well, but who are the narrow-minded bigots here? These days Holloway might be lauded now as a chirpy bloke-next-door, but he's also the same bloke who once said "the only good City fan is a dead City fan".

When did he say that? Did you actually hear that with your own ears or is this one of thoses chinese whispers.........

Quotes from Robbored :

"Its narrow minded bigots like you that cause 'hatred' and bad feeling to fester in what is a family game.You should be ashamed of yourself for posting such drivel that poisons the beautifull game"

"How do you know whay Harry said isn't made up to re-inforce his bigoted views"

Robbored,

I feel I must reply to your responses on another thread.

Firstly, Sir Colby-Tit has created what could and should have been a very interesting thread, and so, as the mention of a certain Mr Holloway seems to have taken focus away from the 'Johnsonisms' I will instead create a new thread especially for my response to you. Everyone else can continue to use SC-T's thread for their witty GJ experiences. Thanks Sir C-T, and my apologies to you good sir.

Ok, Robbo. I do take offense to being labelled a bigot. I have never before met you and in all honesty don't particularly want to. I don't think it is very fair of you to label me as such, based upon one story, which by the way, is 100% true.

Your initial post had held up Holloway as some kind of 'legend' and my response was simply one of disbelief that a Bristol City fan could hold such a view. I did not slag you off, or attempt to enforce a bigoted view upon you or any others. I merely stated a fact, which was that Holloway had treated a young City fan in this way. Myself and my family have a personal hatred for that man, and if you had an 11 year old child who was treated in this way by a grown (so called respectable and legendary) gentleman, then maybe you would also hold a little something against him.

For me, I find it very difficult to understand how anyone with Bristol Red in their blood has any respect for such a man. I was not trying to force my opinion onto anyone, but whatever opinion I have, it doesn't make it any less valid simply because it involves a dislike of someone. This is not bigotry, it is a dislike of someone purely because of how disrespectfully he treated an 11 year old child. If anyone acted with any hatred or indeed bigotry in that particular incident, then it would strike me that it was Holloway himself, and certainly not me.

Many people have many views on this particular little weasel of a man, but I do find it most surprising that someone who has such an immense hatred for everything associated with Bristol City, can be held in such high esteem by the BCFC Supporters Club Chairman. It's not a bigoted view, it's not an attempt to belittle you, it is just my natural reaction to something which I find to be a quite shocking view, based upon my own experiences of the individual concerned.

So, Robbored, you have labelled me as a Bigot and a Liar, simply because I was amazed by your opinion and backed up my point with a story of 100% accuracy.

I am not expecting an apology from you for your libellous comments toward me. I will however continue to give my straight and honest opinion on matters on this forum, which in no way are bigoted or attempting to fabricate the truth or to deviate peoples minds into hate fuelled thinking.

Yours

Harry.

Harry, I totally agree with you. The mans a complete fool.

May I suggest you do the same as I and quite a few others have done, click the ignore button on him.

I'm not surprised by his comments tbh, the mans always had blue tendencies.

The main reason I, and others, cant stand him, and will never join the SC because of him can be found by clicking this linkHERE

Message to Robbored: How can you have the audacity to call someone a bigot and a liar, for posting they dislike a Bristol Rovers 'legend'. Especially when that person backed it up with a valid reason to do so??

I know you will probably reply to this with a 'how can you knock me for calling someone a bigot and a liar, when in the same post you call me a fool?' Well the main reason is, every time you post you put your foot in it with the vast majority of City fans, with a FOOLish, ill thought-out comment. I have also seen you backtrack on comments you have made, which have been slated by most fans, by stating that you were 'fishing'. I mean WTF??

Considering you are SC Chairman, and therefore represent the club/fans to a certain degree, this is NOT acceptable behaviour. If you arent bigging up the Gas, you are knocking your own clubs fans. :disapointed2se:

May I suggest you do the same as I and quite a few others have done, click the ignore button on him.

The main reason I, and others, cant stand him, and will never join the SC because of him can be found by clicking this linkHERE

Message to Robbored: How can you have the audacity to call someone a bigot and a liar, for posting they dislike a Bristol Rovers 'legend'. Especially when that person backed it up with a valid reason to do so??

I know you will probably reply to this with a 'how can you knock me for calling someone a bigot and a liar, when in the same post you call me a fool?' Well the main reason is, every time you post you put your foot in it with the vast majority of City fans, with a FOOLish, ill thought-out comment. I have also seen you backtrack on comments you have made, which have been slated by most fans, by stating that you were 'fishing'. I mean WTF??

Considering you are SC Chairman, and therefore represent the club/fans to a certain degree, this is NOT acceptable behaviour. If you arent bigging up the Gas, you are knocking your own clubs fans. :disapointed2se:

He certainly likes to use the word "bigot" a lot doesnt he

Personally, I'm not a lover of Holloway either. Met him a few times when he visited our school years ago (god, a very long time ago :noexpression: ). Ive always thought of him as sort of a clown if I'm honest, I remember reading an interview about him saying that he thinks he deserves a chance at managing in the Prem.....why hasnt any club ever taken a gamble of him? because he literally is a CLOWN!

I detest Holloway, I've reserved a special kind of contempt for him ever since the "I feared for my life" episode. How any City fan can call him a legend is utterly beyond me. I cringe every time he's in the public eye because he comes across as a total moron and it's embarrassing for Bristol. Some people seem to think he's admired nationally, that's just rubbish. He's a figure of fun - and they're not laughing with him either.

I detest Holloway, I've reserved a special kind of contempt for him ever since the "I feared for my life" episode. How any City fan can call him a legend is utterly beyond me. I cringe every time he's in the public eye because he comes across as a total moron and it's embarrassing for Bristol. Some people seem to think he's admired nationally, that's just rubbish. He's a figure of fun - and they're not laughing with him either.

Yep, just how sad and patronising is this "he's a character" nonsense, to me he's no better than Pulis.

much as I am not a fan of Holloway, I find it quite embrassing that this person is the chairman of the supporters club, one thing has been learned though,

many fans were digusted that he managed to keep his position this season, but he did this buy following the rules "to the letter" and basically no one knew about the supporters club agm, next summer fans won't be caught out by this,

Personally I will be doing my upmost to ensure everyone knows when the meeting will be taking place through my friend who works within the club and once the date has been annoucened, I will ensure as many people know WHEN and WHERE it is, the only way this person can be removed from his position is by fellow members of the Supporters Club at the AGM next year hopefully this will finally happy and the supporters club will became a part of the club that fans are embrassed to be a part of.

much as I am not a fan of Holloway, I find it quite embrassing that this person is the chairman of the supporters club, one thing has been learned though,

many fans were digusted that he managed to keep his position this season, but he did this buy following the rules "to the letter" and basically no one knew about the supporters club agm, next summer fans won't be caught out by this,

Personally I will be doing my upmost to ensure everyone knows when the meeting will be taking place through my friend who works within the club and once the date has been annoucened, I will ensure as many people know WHEN and WHERE it is, the only way this person can be removed from his position is by fellow members of the Supporters Club at the AGM next year hopefully this will finally happy and the supporters club will became a part of the club that fans are embrassed to be a part of.

you must be able to ask for a vote of no confidence at any time.

True True True True True. Robbored is deluded. Think the power (What power?) has gone to his head.

I'm sure that some of what he says is libelous.

Archived